Man down again FFS!

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: Man down again FFS!

Post by MacV2 »

freeridenick wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:28 pm Get well soon Mac. Have you had your 'three' or you looking over your shouder for the third one?
Storm crash number 3... all low speed...must try harder... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Wicky wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:28 pm
Sharp pointy things being removed prior to discharge...must of been stabbed about 30 times whilst i was there...only once did i get the 'small scratch' warning... lying bastids...hahaha

Very good Wicky...i expect nothing less... :lol: :lol:
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:02 pm
Wicky wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:28 pm

Very good Wicky...i expect nothing less... :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: superb.

Sorry to hear about this Mac,

glad they know which way up to store you though. Good start.

I wish you a speedy and comfortable as can be recovery. Yellow peril indeed
popkat

Post by popkat »

After talking to the crasher himself today it seems he did a good bit of riding to get the injury.
Option 1 was to stand the bike up and go into bushes/ditch/field, basically the unknown where who knows what could have happened and how long to find him.
Option 2 was to lean the bike in more and hope you make it round, this option is the hardest to do but usually the best, takes some balls to overcome the instinct to stand it up.

So well done Mac on laying it in, getting your elbow down (Macqueze.... not :lol:) and the broken arm as your prize.............. Could have been much worse if you took option 1.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

popkat wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:37 pm After talking to the crasher himself today it seems he did a good bit of riding to get the injury.
Option 1 was to stand the bike up and go into bushes/ditch/field, basically the unknown where who knows what could have happened and how long to find him.
Option 2 was to lean the bike in more and hope you make it round, this option is the hardest to do but usually the best, takes some balls to overcome the instinct to stand it up.

So well done Mac on laying it in, getting your elbow down (Macqueze.... not :lol:) and the broken arm as your prize.............. Could have been much worse if you took option 1.

indeed you see these blokes do it week in week out in moto gp, sbks & bsb... i mean how hard can it be..?

very is the answer...hahaha

they dont have to put up with rutted up surfaces from countless hgv's or shite tarmac or a load of gravel at the edge...

thing is i've been round that roundabout 1000's of times & know it's shite, just got it horribly wrong on tuesday eve... mind wasnt on it, not concentrating...too fast in...hands up own fault...silly boy stupid mistake & painful...

for those of you that have been to the wonderful world of Grain, this is the offending roundabout, off the dule carrigways onto single lane & up the hill, normally i'd go over to the left & sweep round the inside of the ruts then chuck it left off the roundabout...i came in too fast & too far over to the right, that meant i had to cross over the ruts, so stood it up to deal with that bit more braking, realised i was still too fast & wasnt going to stop so lent it back over & hoped for the best...didnt work out how i had planned... :lol: :lol:

I can report that the nerve block given during the op has now worn off, so feeling a bit sore but i can now feel my fingers...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Indeed mounting the curb, playing with street furniture and rollypolys with the bike and eventually landing in a ditch bouncing out only to end up with you head up a cows butt is never a good outcome. Imagine how the cow would feel. :eek2
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Get well soon Mac, we will arrange a stabiliser intervention at the next workshop day
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:09 am Get well soon Mac, we will arrange a stabiliser intervention at the next workshop day
Gabbi has kindly offered to fab a set up for me already... :lol: :lol:

BTW... i will try to box up the Gilles for you but dont hold your breath...one arm & sticky tape may not work out too well... :lol: :lol:

Although it's a good job i took them off last week... :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Oh I would just like to say thank you to those fellow Stormers who have phoned me to wish me well/take the piss/offers of help...

Thank you
bald_pig

Post by bald_pig »

FFS Mac ya plonker!

You need to get a bit more meat on ya bones, I was thrown down the M25 at 60(ish) and walked away, you bust a shoulder every time you fecking sneeze!

Rest up and take it easy fella :beer:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Would i prefer to be working in this lovely weather ?

Fek yes it would mean i wouldnt be sitting at home, arm in sling, sweating me nuts off but unable to have a shower...Phewww...

Still got an appointment through for 1st follow up at hosp for next monday...so see where we stand...

Oh i have beeen washing just cant do full shower thing yet with dressings still on. so only partly stinky...hahaha.

P.S. Al got the goods packaged up, the note inside is a bit wonky but the packing not too bad IMO. Booked for collection tomorrow so should be with you Thurs...Frank.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

thanks Mac & Frank :thumbup:
AMcQ
DazB

Post by DazB »

That’s bad news dude. Get well soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Starting to bloom nicely...

:lol:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts