Givi Wingrack Mounting

General Biker Banter
Cnickels201

Givi Wingrack Mounting

Post by Cnickels201 »

Hey guys! Long time owner and member, first time poster.... i think!!! 😂😂😂

I have a Givi Wingrack and am in need of ideas on how to mount it. I have seen a few guys have them already fitted.

My question is, how did you do this??

Thanks in advance :-)

Chris
Your heart understands what your head cannot yet conceive.... trust your heart
StormyRob

Re: Givi Wingrack Mounting

Post by StormyRob »

Can't help 😂
Was your second post!
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I have a wingrack fitted. you need to start with the standard givi top box setup, 2 long metal arms, one either side, they attach to the rear bolt of the exhaust mounting brackets.
and at the rear you need the givi mounting plate for the top box.
about 2/3 of the way along each arm is another mounting bracket which goes under the rear fairing and mounts to the rear subframe on either side. the wingrack mounts to the two bolt holes that this mounting bracket uses.
but this is still not strong enough, you will need to make up some reasonably strong metal brackets to attach the lower part of the wingrack to the bottom bolt of the exhaust hangers. I also have a threaded bar that runs between both wingracks to make it rigid, but that isn't 100% needed.
sadly givi never produced the wingracks for the storm, so it's a case of making it fit. but it can be done properly.
Last edited by agentpineapple on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I should also mention that because I run high level exhausts, I had to space out the wingrack from the givi arms, the pictures are from my first fitting when I used nylon spacers. since these pictures were taken I had some alloy spacers made which are a lot stronger and the panniers don't stick out as far now lol.
if your running normal end cans i doubt you'll need to space out the wingracks, which will make them stronger and you probably wouldn't need a metal bar fixed between each rack.

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I actually have a pair of wingracks, I bought them as spares, stripped them down and resprayed them, I also have two givi arms and brackets as well. but these are rare shorter givi arms, that don't have the ability for a topbox, so they can only be used for side panniers.
I may sell them if anyone's interested.

i just need to sort out a few u bolts for the rear subframe mounting bracket. every part has been taken back to bare metal, acid etch primed, then satin black with satin lacquer.
if anyone's interested give me a shout, just be aware you can't fit a top box using these givi rails, but you can fit the wing rack to a normal set of givi rails if you wanted too.
you will also need to source or make a couple of small brackets to attach the front of the wingrack to the lower mounting point of the exhaust hangers. but that isn't that much of an issue.
ps....i'm going to get told off because this should be in the sales section doh!!!
£70 collection from east London, I will ship at buyers expense.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!