New owner looking for some parts, help?

General Biker Banter
bobbler

New owner looking for some parts, help?

Post by bobbler »

Hi all,

Firstly if this is in the wrong section can someone let me know. I'm new to VTR's and while I love the way it rides and that sound from the cans I'm on the lookout for a couple of bits and I was hoping some of you knowledgeable folk could help?

I've seen a few bikes with aftermarket belly pans and since mine doesn't have one at all at the moment I was wondering where people get them from. Searching on evil bay brings up a few but they are close to £200 each. I have been told they can be had much cheaper but I can't seem to find any.

Secondly, I suffer a bit with weight on my wrists and would like to do a flat bar swap. I could drill the top yoke and fit risers but I've seen pics on here for clamps that fit straight to the fork legs which seems like a good idea as the bike can then be returned to standard come resale time. Can anyone advise where I should be looking for these?

Thanks in advance.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: New owner looking for some parts, help?

Post by sirch345 »

You can get bellypans from here:- http://www.moorespeedracing.co.uk/skidm ... lypan.html
If you're after a lower fairing then you will be looking at paying more nearer to the prices you've seen,

Chris.
bobbler

Post by bobbler »

Thanks Sirch,

That's the type I've been looking for, I have been told they can be bought unpainted from Germany but I haven't been able to find the site. Probably a bit of a newbie question but will they require brackets to fit? I haven't looked too much into mine yet but I think its safe to assume that since the original belly pan has been removed if there were any brackets they will have gone as well.

I don't want to go for the full faired option as I quite like a bit of engine on show but those belly pans look really nice when fitted.

Thanks.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

bobbler wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:35 am Hi all,

Firstly if this is in the wrong section can someone let me know. I'm new to VTR's and while I love the way it rides and that sound from the cans I'm on the lookout for a couple of bits and I was hoping some of you knowledgeable folk could help?

I've seen a few bikes with aftermarket belly pans and since mine doesn't have one at all at the moment I was wondering where people get them from. Searching on evil bay brings up a few but they are close to £200 each. I have been told they can be had much cheaper but I can't seem to find any.

Secondly, I suffer a bit with weight on my wrists and would like to do a flat bar swap. I could drill the top yoke and fit risers but I've seen pics on here for clamps that fit straight to the fork legs which seems like a good idea as the bike can then be returned to standard come resale time. Can anyone advise where I should be looking for these?

Thanks in advance.

I just picked up a storm. It has been streetfightered and has a renthal bar and risers on top yoke. All pre done and you could keep your own. Send me a pm if interested
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
bobbler

Post by bobbler »

Hi Stormy,

Not sure how to pm (new to the site) but I'll have a go now.

Thanks
bobbler

Post by bobbler »

Stormyrob. I've just tried to pm you but I don't think I've been active enough yet?

Any chance you could post the details on here?

Thanks
bald_pig

Post by bald_pig »

I think they mean sebimoto, but they're actually in the Czech Republic:

https://www.sebimoto.com/fairing-for-mo ... ub-for-oil
bobbler

Post by bobbler »

Thanks for that. 75 euros plus p+p probably works out the same as sirch345's link earlier.

At least now I know I can get hold of one at a more reasonable price than the £200 I was finding on ebay I can add it to my list of things to do.