Sooo the iom 20something...

General Biker Banter
Bezzer

Sooo the iom 20something...

Post by Bezzer »

Searched the forum and found a thread from 2017 so hope im ok to start a new one. I would like to do the IOM. But im crap at organizing. Anybody else interested and do you fancy a wingman?
Altetnatively anyone got a "ladybird guide to" :?:
freeridenick

Re: Sooo the iom 20something...

Post by freeridenick »

Cheekykev goes most years so it's worth dropping him a pm if he doesn't reply here.

Finding accommodation, unless you want to camp, is the biggest headache. The island is basically full the week after the event finishes. An easy weekend option is to keep your eyes on the flight prices and go for the last race day. Camping would be the only option for a pit though. Unless you're mega lucky.

My advice would be to skip the TT and go to the Manx/Classic TT in August. You stand a better chance of not getting soaked, accommodation is easier to find and the atmosphere is better; more relaxed. Also, I'd suggest going for practice week. The circuit is used every night and you can get around during the day. In race week you're either sightseeing or stuck in one or two locations for the whole day because of the road closures. You can watch from loads of different places during practice.
Bezzer

Re: Sooo the iom 20something...

Post by Bezzer »

nice one thanks, ill look into both options. :thumbup: