Beloved Silver Storm Stolen in Dunstable

General Biker Banter
Twinpotter

Beloved Silver Storm Stolen in Dunstable

Post by Twinpotter »

Hi folks
Apologies for not being around for a bit. I still read the boards from time to time.

Please watch out, my Silver Storm was stolen in Dunstable High Street South (outside Registration Transfers) between 19:45 and 20:00 last night (Fri 21st Sep). An S-reg, wavy disks, twin harpoon cans, manual CCT's, black Givi topbox and rack (and without the dark double-bubble), she gave me untold v-twin pleasure for a decade.

Latest:

Would be glad of your keeping an eye out.

With maybe 30% chance of getting it back, naturally I'll likely be after another Storm in the spring. There seems to be an awful lot of red ones for sale - would love one but for the fear of having it nicked! In the interim, I'll play with these:

Keep yours safe.
Best regards
Robert
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
MacV2

Re: Beloved Silver Storm Stolen in Dunstable

Post by MacV2 »

Damm ! Real shite having a bike nicked... :(

Keep an eye on ebay for those cans to appear as they is quite rare !

I do hope you get it back & hope the theiving scumbags havent damaged it if you do...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

gutted for you buddy.
fingers crossed you get it back unharmed. so many scumbags in the world these days.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Toe rags.Hope you get it back in the condition in was stolen in.Keep on eye on eBay and gum tree for fairings and cans. :thumbdown:
Last edited by alanfjones1411 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

scumbag b8stard :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Total b8stard hope you manage to get it back, if not best of luck the insurance. My lad is currently fighting them as his work transit and tools were stolen
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Sorry to hear about the theft Robert. Hope the thieving bast4rds b0llocks drop off!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm really sorry to hear this T/P, you must be gutted.

Are there not any CCTV camera's about, surely there must be some in the high street :?:

Use social media to get it out there with photo's that your bike has been stolen if you haven't already of course, you never know someone may recognise it. Plus as others have said, keep a look out on Ebay and Gumtree etc too.

Good luck in getting it back undamaged.

Chris.
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Also sorry to read this. A real opportunistic theft too, to achieve within a 15-min time-frame. :(

Will keep my eyes open in W. Midlands.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Gutted for you ... What to$$pots :Banned:
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Bastids
I hope their balls rot off and the grow saggy moobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Hiya folks
Four weeks and not unsurprisingly no news. Aye Chris, searched CCTV with one camera just after dusk making out the bike and between 20:37 and 20:39 it went. Motion detection as per law didn't cover where it was taken from (that's under review!). Checked every search alert and no identifiable parts on ebay, gumtree etc. Anyhow, just grabbed this at Preston Motorcycles:
Decent chat with the dealer tells of mature rider part-ex'ed it for a Varadero. The dealer will service it, bring it down (for a fee) for inspection and pay balance. Anyone done business there or know the bike?
Regards
Robert
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Twinpotter wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:01 pm Hiya folks
Four weeks and not unsurprisingly no news. Aye Chris, searched CCTV with one camera just after dusk making out the bike and between 20:37 and 20:39 it went. Motion detection as per law didn't cover where it was taken from (that's under review!). Checked every search alert and no identifiable parts on ebay, gumtree etc. Anyhow, just grabbed this at Preston Motorcycles:
Decent chat with the dealer tells of mature rider part-ex'ed it for a Varadero. The dealer will service it, bring it down (for a fee) for inspection and pay balance. Anyone done business there or know the bike?
Regards
Robert
I'm sorry to hear you have not had any luck in finding your bike after this time, CCTV not a lot of help so it appears :thumbdown:

I can't help you with any advice on the dealer, although in the photo's it's looks a tidy bike.

Good luck,

Chris.