Man Down...

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

Re: Man Down...

Post by fabiostar »

sorry to hear about old vanstub :sad2 . hopefully he recovers well and the old blind git gets more than a slap on the wrist, as normal :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:47 pm I'm sorry to read this Mac, although glad Vanstub isn't any worse.

Wish him well from me too,

Chris.
You haven't meet him Chris...Trust me it really can't get any worse that he already is... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Ok so I spoke to the Crashie this eve...

Bit sore & having a bit of agg getting around...

Discharged from hosp at 4am or some such mad time, cab home.

One knee in a splint the other one just bloody hurting...

Supper sore chadwicks but not swollen up yet.The brusing is yet to come... :Ball Kick:

He's not super in a hurry to pick the bike up so all the helpers can stand down for now...

Further up dates when I get them...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
popkat

Post by popkat »

All the best vanstub hope you recover well and quickly.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Ouch.... Hope you are ok MrStub
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:42 pm
sirch345 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:47 pm I'm sorry to read this Mac, although glad Vanstub isn't any worse.

Wish him well from me too,

Chris.
You haven't meet him Chris...Trust me it really can't get any worse that he already is... :lol: :lol:
:lol: You shouldn't kick a man when he's down, although I'm sure he knows you don't mean it :)

Chris.
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

:wave: hello peeps thanks for the well wishing appreciated :clap:
had leg in a splint for last 2 wks
went to hospital today for check up Dr took my splint off done a few exercises told me just bruising no ligament damage :roll: hinged knee brace now applied
after that went to see bike which was supposed to be in a yard 40ft from crash back of a shop plod and 2 other dudes was taking it there
said hello to owner of is my bike out back no she said they didn't bring it over
its been parked in the road for ten days then disappeared fri or sat last week :redface
so me thinks some b8stard robbed it
look out for a red hagon shock viper end cans pyramid rear mud guard for sale essex london area
Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I suppose you've checked if it's been taken to the police pound as one of mine was after an accident.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
popkat

Post by popkat »

vanstub wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:30 pm :wave: hello peeps thanks for the well wishing appreciated :clap:
went to hospital today for check up Dr took my splint off done a few exercises told me just bruising no ligament damage :roll: hinged knee brace now applied
after that went to see bike which was supposed to be in a yard 40ft from crash back of a shop plod and 2 other dudes was taking it there
said hello to owner of is my bike out back no she said they didn't bring it over
its been parked in the road for ten days then disappeared fri or sat last week :redface
look out for a red hagon shock viper end cans pyramid rear mud guard for sale essex london area

Well that really is good and bad news, glad the injury isn't too bad but what a shame with the bike, i guess after sitting for all that time the tealeaves couldn't help themselves, b4stards ! I hope your insurance sorts you out quickly.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Speedy recovery for rider and machine
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Glad to hear you are mobile.
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Man up again...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:31 pm I suppose you've checked if it's been taken to the police pound as one of mine was after an accident.
spoke to both sx/met police they don't have it my local council and their recovery firm as its on their patch but no joy

waiting to hear from sx plod at the scene see if he can shed any light on what/why this happened as spoke to them day after crash and nothing was mentioned :x :x :x :x
Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

vanstub wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:00 am
alanfjones1411 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:31 pm I suppose you've checked if it's been taken to the police pound as one of mine was after an accident.
spoke to both sx/met police they don't have it my local council and their recovery firm as its on their patch but no joy

waiting to hear from sx plod at the scene see if he can shed any light on what/why this happened as spoke to them day after crash and nothing was mentioned :x :x :x :x
Looks like the thriving bastid vultures have been at it.Keep a sharp look out for bits on Gum tree,,Facebook and eBay etc.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

vanstub wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:30 pm :wave: hello peeps thanks for the well wishing appreciated :clap:
I'm sure you could have done without that hassle on top of the injuries.

I'm glad to hear you are getting better. I wish you well in a good outcome with your bike,

Chris.