Brexit shite

General Biker Banter
rollingthunderx2

Brexit shite

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Having seen such utter shite recently, mostly by people who cannot spell, about getting our sovereignty back or making our own laws.......or such shite....
    Heres a checklist

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/eu ... a-z-index/
    Stratman

Re: Brexit shite

Post by Stratman »

I agree mate. From that list though, this one amused me. Typically Daily Mail and I wonder if anyone actually believed it? Bit like believing the £350,000,000 a week for the NHS that philanthropist Johnson was going to procure.

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/co ... ned-by-eu/
    Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Europe - In or Out? thread from just before the referendum > viewtopic.php?f=18&t=38709

There was never any easy solution to pleasing folk in what is essentially a toss of a coin decision between 50/50 spilt of opinion.

Europe is still saying we don't have to leave, and that's an offer we should grab with both hands and put the last two years down to experience (like a mad infatuation or desire to compusively chuck in a decent job and run off to join the circus...) - and view with jaundice anything the Tories esp the extremists BJ, JRM etc. say is a good idea for the next few decades...
    It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
    Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Wicky wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:11 pm Europe - In or Out? thread from just before the referendum > viewtopic.php?f=18&t=38709

There was never any easy solution to pleasing folk in what is essentially a toss of a coin decision between 50/50 spilt of opinion.

Europe is still saying we don't have to leave, and that's an offer we should grab with both hands and put the last two years down to experience (like a mad infatuation or desire to compusively chuck in a decent job and run off to join the circus...) - and view with jaundice anything the Tories esp the extremists BJ, JRM etc. say is a good idea for the next few decades...
    +1 :clap:
    Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Nope

Don't agree. I didn't vote leave for financial reasons. I didn't vote leave because I thought the NHS was suddenly going to be well funded. I didn't even vote leave because Boris Johnson told me to.

I voted leave because the EU is simply becoming a super state. I'll go further and use the term Hyper State. Some day this will all go wrong for the EU. So many eggs in one basket. One currency. One central government (basically how I see things ending up with all major law being sent out by Brussels).

Probably in the minority here but hey ho
    If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
    tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

StormyRob wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:10 pm Nope

Don't agree. I didn't vote leave for financial reasons. I didn't vote leave because I thought the NHS was suddenly going to be well funded. I didn't even vote leave because Boris Johnson told me to.

I voted leave because the EU is simply becoming a super state. I'll go further and use the term Hyper State. Some day this will all go wrong for the EU. So many eggs in one basket. One currency. One central government (basically how I see things ending up with all major law being sent out by Brussels).

Probably in the minority here but hey ho
    Agree with you, Rob.
    Britain seems to be better at being independent than being integrated, and although the divorce will be messy and unpleasant, I think we'll seize opportunities and end up in a healthier place.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the neighbours, and visit regularly, but wouldn't want to move in with them.

(Until I retire, then I'm buying a retirement villa in Greece)
    Last edited by tony.mon on Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
    It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
    MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I voted leave to simply get rid of the smug faced pig porker camaroonnn...

That worked but back fired a bit as we ended up with the horror of may ! :lol: :lol:
    Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
    alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

They keep on about another referendum because some people weren't old enough to vote at the time but are now.So what will happen if there is a second vote and the people who aren't allowed to vote in the second referendum because they are not old enough.Would there be a third referendum and so on and so on. :deadhorse1:
    SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
    fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:09 am They keep on about another referendum because some people weren't old enough to vote at the time but are now.So what will happen if there is a second vote and the people who aren't allowed to vote in the second referendum because they are not old enough.Would there be a third referendum and so on and so on. :deadhorse1:
    they will just ask for another vote, and keep voting until the remain side get what they want.. i dont wana leave Germany, oh i mean Europe because of people from far of lands moving here which seems to be what the remainers are saying it was based on? nor do i care what it was based on. both sides talked baldrocks and are now pointing the finger of blame... i want to leave because Europe as has been said is becoming one big huge money pit. :confused ..

yes its gona be rough for a few years im sure but we still live in the worlds 6th biggest economy ,im sure we will get through it..

are the Europeans gona stop shipping tens of 1000s of cars,washining machines,bottles of wine,god only knows what else we import from them over night to rub our noses in it? are they baldrocks, Britain is one of the biggest export markets for each of them so they still need to sell stuff to us.

as it turns out little old Northern Ireland and its border has been the pain in the ass for all this. we even have a new word invented called backstop :eek2 . and thats a whole different conversation best left to other people, its come down to NI and the south, one of the two is gona feel a whole lot of pain during this.

PS, stick your VWs up your butt by the way we dont want them lol
    the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
    tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Apparently in the new year Air Lingus are going to start taking bookings to Backstop Airport, in No-Mans" land on the border, on a man-made island somewhere in the Irish Sea.

Mostly because the slots to Gibraltar will have been sold out by May.
    tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Can't we have the extension to the 1st April?
    Can't think quite why that date seems appropriate.
    VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The state of British politics these days is an utter shambles. It's always been bad but this is now on a totally new level and a serious threat to democracy. I don't care any more whether we stay, leave or leave one foot in the door. I just want the whole situation resolved and then move onto to dealing with things that are more important to people like poverty, homelessness and mental illness instead of worrying about how the rich companies / trade will be affected by Brexit.

I mean it's no good having high employment if the majority are only working 16 hours a week on minimum wage. And then there are still folk in high paid jobs like nurses, yes they are paid well compared to others, maybe not enough for the type of work they do and have to put up with but they are way above average. But getting to my point there are people in jobs like this that are struggling and having to go to food banks.

And in the meantime these piss takers in Parliament give themselves a pay rise. WTF It's slavery and abuse with the rich getting even more rich and poor getting even more poor. A consequence of this is higher crime rate and then there is a lack of real world policing, too many camera's and automatic fixed penalty's for meaningless things and not enough bobby's on the beat. Then there are all the charges (stealth tax) for this that and the other. Where has community and humanity gone. At the same time the world is blindly or ignorant to fact that that everyone is being drawn into the dangers of the digital world and allowing companies like google, facebook and other social media and advertising to rule the world and politicians are riding off the back of it for their own benefit and hold over the people. It wont be long before we have a system like in China and social credit.

Welcome to World War 3 or to put it into another way welcome to the biggest industrial revolution we have had and pushing mangers or corporate share holders higher up the ladder and leaving the rest to rot. A form of genocide to separate the elite and rich from the rest. Maybe once the majority have all died off and the population has shrunk the world will be an elite world and things may improve for those left until we start to overpopulate again.
    ==============================Enter the Darkside
    alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

If we stay in the eu after all this shite it will be like a kick in the balls to the British public (Regardless of how anybody voted) and the end of democracy in this country and I for one will never vote again

Rant over.
    SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
    fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:04 pm If we stay in the eu after all this shite it will be like a kick in the balls to the British public (Regardless of how anybody voted) and the end of democracy in this country and I for one will never vote again

Rant over.
    the question was asked, leave or stay. the great unwashed said leave so thats how our system is meant to work.. working out the deal has been left to the twats in power.... if theres a second vote and its leave aswell i will roll around laffing at the hapless fuk tards shouting for a peoples vote.. we have already had one of those ffs...
    the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
    Ttdave

Post by Ttdave »

Folks,
    Correct me if I'm wrong.. I joined this forum to talk firestorms.. Not to get involved in politics..