Forum Awards Awards Ceremony 2018...

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Forum Awards Awards Ceremony 2018...

Post by MacV2 »

...Bit like the Oscars or BAFTAs but with a grease stained mankey garage floor rather than a red carpet...Or without the general pomp & splendor that usally occurs at these functions...

''And as the crowd of 3 sycophantic VTR fanboys gather out side joined by the alcoholic local reporter come paparazzi & here clammbering out of the batterd Uber Prius, Allison McQ in a fetching red strappless mini dress & combat boot combo....& Oh my word she has slipped on the pool of oil from the recently removed & carelessly disscarded old CCT...Helped to her feet by the Paparazzi bloke but only after he's got that prize winning shot of Allisons grundies on show to the whole world...Well the 4 people present...''

Votes will close at 12.00hrs 14/01/2019...Please do not vote after 12.00 as your vote will not be counted & you may still be charged the full amout of brain power to do it, & you've had a week to vote anyway you lazy fekwits...Final vote count & the results should be confirmed around 13.00hrs if I can be bothered or am not doing something else...

Still a few hours to vote & make a difference 3 catogories are currently running at a draw...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Re: Forum Awards Awards Ceremony 2018...

Post by MacV2 »

fanfare.jpg
fanfare.jpg (56.68 KiB) Viewed 2545 times
The voting has closed, the votes have been counted, the impartial observers have been paid off...(brown envelope...chough chough...)

We are proud to announce the winners of the 2018 VTR1000.org readers poll...

2018 Best Forum VTR Award. This years winner with 64% of the cast votes is...

(rustling of cheap bronzy hued envelope...)

Fabiostars Mori Spondon...!! Well done Sir, we would invite you up to give a speech but theres no ladder or box behind the lecturn, so it's pointless as we would only see the top of your head...if that... The prize is you get to spend the next few weeks of shity weather in the FabCave tinkering with your bike...Enjoy... :clap: :clap:

Right moving on...

2018 Best Non Firestorm. This years winner with 31% of the cast votes is...

Mr Kermit le Frog & his 'Prillia Tourno... Well done Kermie...Hop along now theres more to announce... :clap: :clap:

2018 Best Forum weekend of madness This years winner is...

Ooohhh we have a tie... & close voting through out this years nominations...

It would seem that we have a bit of a Galic love in going on with the inaugural OperationStorm Northern Ireland & the 6th edition of Operation Scotland with 3 votes apeice...which just goes to show the apathy abundant in this years voting...6 noms & only 12 persons voting...bit s hit really innnit, as I'm sure there were more than 12 people at Grainstorm alone...Usless the lot of ya's ( who didn't vote...)

Well done Fabio & AlMcQ for organising both events... :clap: :clap:

Moving on...

2018 Most anticipated project. This years winner with 69% of the cast votes is...

Varastorm & his Varatrackerstorm or Firetrackerdero. :clap: :clap: Your prize is to buy yourself some new cutting/grinding discs or welding rods...Weld done... :clap: :clap:

2018 Least progress since start of project... This years winner is...

(rustling of cheap bronzy hued envelope...) again a close vote but winning by a whole one vote & still the undisputed champion of the unfinished project... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFlaties Ducafey for the umpteeneh time... :clap: :clap: :clap:

2018 Most Helpful Member. & the winner is...

It's only bloody Frank ! :clap: :clap: Unfortunately Frank cant be with us today as he's sorting out some bits, two orders in progress & he needs to pull his fingers out...

2018 Most obsessive modding member. (rustling of cheap bronzy hued envelope...) & the winner is...

No supprise really it's only Mr F Abiostar of NI... :clap: :clap:

Again the prize is get back in the FabCave & carry on modding...

2018 The forum traitor who is far too active on Facebook Bit of controversy on this one this year as some say there was some fixing of the nominations...Still who gives F... !

Close voting when independatly checked ( Franks uncle Arthur who had popped in for a fly sandwij ) Despite the votes cast being equal it turns out by the ploy of multiple nominations the winner by a single 1% is... Marty BSM... :clap: :clap:

2018's most active contributor.

(rustling of cheap bronzy hued envelope...)This years winner with a clear 3 point advantage is...

Mr Chris Sirch of Cornwallshire... :clap: :clap: Well done Sir, once again your prize is a cold beverage of your choice from your own fridge...enjoy... :drunk:

2018's most active alcoholic liver killer... HIC ! stumble, slip, wobble...
(rustling & fumbling of cheap bronzy hued envelope...)

Again a closh run thing with equal amountsh of votesh... tie for firsht place at the bar...

Mr T.Mons & Mr G Frog... Well done lads... :Beer2: :Beer1:

Now our final award this year is a new one made up on the go by the person who bothered to start the whole sorry mess this year...

2018's bestest multiple Storm owner over 7 Storms. Again some would say it's fixed, others (me mainly) say next year you fecking organise it... :lol:

(rustling of cheap bronzy hued envelope...) & the winner is with a wopping 70% of the cast votes is....

El Pesidente... :clap: :clap:

Unfortunately El Presidente cant be with us today as he's off somewhere prepping the cells for the 7 who didnt vote for him 8O
How ever he did force this prepared statement into our hands...

''Thats 7 more names in the black book, we will find you & it wont be nice when we do...you wont know when & you wont know where...''

Well thats just about it for this years awards, thanks for tuning in, any complaints about the running of this years awards please address them to...No.1, Landfill Road, Skipsville, Binshire.

& I'll leave you with this final thought...

apathy.jpg
apathy.jpg (28.68 KiB) Viewed 2545 times
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I would like to Thank mac for his efforts to run the awards this year. I think he did a better job that the last tosspot, so I vote he gets the contract for the next 5 yrs.

I would also like to thank those who voted the Scotland ride as joint 1st...

but the true winners in this are .......... all of us, :D : :D :D : because despite the apathy on voting, there is still a great community on here and the attendance at the meetings is going up rather than down. :thumbup:
And when you look at the bitching and crap spouting on the FB page, I am even more happy that we have this private club where we treat others as we would like to be treated ourselves.

thanks for all the fish :beer:
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

^^

Hear hear.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:31 pm there is still a great community on here and the attendance at the meetings is going up rather than down. :thumbup:
And when you look at the bitching and crap spouting on the FB page, I am even more happy that we have this private club where we treat others as we would like to be treated ourselves.
Hear Hear, Totally agree 100% :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

im in fuking tears reading that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

first off well done mac for running it. and to everybody else who makes this the best bike forum end off. hands down wins that award..

steps onto ladders(ya cheeky huer) for speech :clap: :clap:

cheers for the votes folks. i couldnt have done this bike without my backroom team who have worked night and day behind the scenes helping me................................... hold on, the lazy feckers have left. so i thank my good wife for putting up with me, iv just told her of my awards. she looked really pleased with her parting words of, ya bunch of wierdos,.

and roll on 2019 scotland/ireland storms :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Well done Mac and all who got involved :clap:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Well done to the winners and Mac for doing it.

Point well made there about this being a great forum. I've not been too active because I really hate not having a bike at the minute and have other shite going in but that'll change going forward hopefully.

It really is a great group with great characters and it's great people are still meeting up several times a year in different parts.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Well done that Mac, worthy winners all.

Very Tidy Result!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
norry rc8

Post by norry rc8 »

well done all the winners
this forum has more to engoy than i thoght :thumbup: :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

norry rc8 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:34 pm well done all the winners
this forum has more to engoy than i thoght :thumbup: :thumbup:
To be fair, you have already seen the best bits, it can only be down hill from here :lol:
AMcQ
norry rc8

Post by norry rc8 »

at least down hill there is no more peddling :Bike:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

WOW I won an award 8O even if it is a beer out of my own fridge :D
Thanks to those who voted for me :thumbup:

Thanks Mac for doing this year's awards, I know it's not the easiest of jobs.
Nice job with your added humour :clap: :clap:

Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Well Done Mac, Very entertaining :clap:
and as a mark of respect I promise I will stop taking the pis$ for your all too regular cases of dropsies and your old brittle bones :D for at least a week....or maybe a day. Ah stuff it, it was the thought that counted

:thumbup:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

This is the part where the winners are supposed to say..."I'm proud to have won..."etc

For me? Maybe this is more fitting:

"I'm embarrassed to have won this marvelous award for the umpteenth time, I couldn't have done it without the support of you guys" :Cry1:

I am, of course, willing to accept any donations to the cause, be that encouragement, parts or any local help

Money should be sent to my paypal account

On a bright note. Last year, my wife left, so I have more money to spend. The Storm is sorted so it's on with the Duc, which needs some exhausts first :plainsmile