Teeth...

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Teeth...

Post by MacV2 »

...so I had an appointment today at the dentist to have a tooth removed...

The choice was root canal surgery @ £500 +... 8O I kid you not...

Or have it taken out for £50...

So the loverly jabs go in... & after bit time to let the stuff work its back in the chair for some drilling...followed by some chrunching & then a bit more drilling...

Sorry I cant get the root out you'll need a referal to a dental surgeon, I'll re pack the hole & book it up for you...

Yes it hurts now...pass the parotseatemall...

Still on the bright side I get a refund on what I paid for todays non treatment...I'll just have to give it to a different dentist....
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Re: Teeth...

Post by tony.mon »

You'll just have to grin and gummy bear it.

As the Pest Controller General, aren't you the chief Mole-er?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

That's not ideal. Doesn't seem like he got to the root of the problem at all
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I'll find out next Thurs at 14.00...Tooth Care in Gillingham...

Something to look forward to...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

It all depends on how good your teeth are. Mine are quite old now and I have a fierce peanut habit. I'm forever breaking them, losing fillings etc... For quite a few years now I've been paying into a dental plan with a fantastic local (private only) dentist. All the latest technology. If I have a problem it's one call and I'm straight in, often the same day. 6 monthly checkups and 6 monthly cleans from the "hygenist". I see them a lot more often that that though. Not cheap, about the same as insuring another bike, but, for me, it's worth it. One year I had a root canal job but that was all covered under the plan so, in some ways, I'm quids in.

It all depends I suppose.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:22 am It all depends on how good your teeth are. Mine are quite old now and I have a fierce peanut habit. I'm forever breaking them, losing fillings etc... For quite a few years now I've been paying into a dental plan with a fantastic local (private only) dentist. All the latest technology. If I have a problem it's one call and I'm straight in, often the same day. 6 monthly checkups and 6 monthly cleans from the "hygenist". I see them a lot more often that that though. Not cheap, about the same as insuring another bike, but, for me, it's worth it. One year I had a root canal job but that was all covered under the plan so, in some ways, I'm quids in.

Bite one, get one free?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:22 am It all depends on how good your teeth are. Mine are quite old now and I have a fierce peanut habit. I'm forever breaking them, losing fillings etc... For quite a few years now I've been paying into a dental plan with a fantastic local (private only) dentist. All the latest technology. If I have a problem it's one call and I'm straight in, often the same day. 6 monthly checkups and 6 monthly cleans from the "hygenist". I see them a lot more often that that though. Not cheap, about the same as insuring another bike, but, for me, it's worth it. One year I had a root canal job but that was all covered under the plan so, in some ways, I'm quids in.

I'm the same. Upped my Denplan so now all fillings included and also for any crowns I just pay half the lab cost of about £150 instead of the full £600 or so.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

It's out...having the dental assitant hold your head whilst the Dentist pull's, wiggles & yanks at the fecker was a new expirence...

The process was not helped by the half a tooth left by the bodger who attacked it last time...Less to get a grip on...

Still numbed up so no pain at the moment but I expect thats to come later on...

Fairly painless TBH except for the bloody injections...sting like fek going in & taste awful...

As much as I want a nice cup of warm brown I fear I may dribble a bit if I try to drink a cup...

Had to ride there as me promised lift blew out...Jeeze the roads are crappy...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I had one pulled last week, and the dentist struggled, took him ten mins to remove it, my face felt like i'd been beaten up for the next few days... 8O
glad it was finally removed..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

'Tabar12" is a forum spambot - best ignore :D
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Sympathise with you. Had the same a few years ago on a wisdom. Dentist couldn't do it (Private) so I was referred via the NHS to a private consultant who did the job after hours with two nurses and assistant 😳, reminded me when I had the chop 😬 with that many medical staff watching. With his elbow levering on my chest he got it out. What that must have cost the nhs I didn't ask. Just forking out for two crowns now so I can eat at Christmas. Was nhs but my dentist decided to go private some years ago🙄. I've spent a bit there over the years.
Good luck!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Wicky wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:31 pm 'Tabar12" is a forum spambot - best ignore :D
Thanks Wicky for the heads-up :thumbup:

Chris.
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:22 am I have a fierce peanut habit.
Is that when the peanuts bite you back?
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150