Grainstorm and general outings

General Biker Banter
Smoking Joe simon

Grainstorm and general outings

Post by Smoking Joe simon »

So I'm new hear. Bought my vtr a few months back and only had chance for an hours blast.
Back to bikes after a 20year gap and looking to fill 2019 with bike related outings
Saw Grainstorm and just wanted some clarity as to what it involved.
Read previous years posts and would be interested in just the ride there and to meet other vtr owners.
Hoping to do the normal snetterton and brands weekends but would be great to meet more stormers.
I'm in colchester , Essex and see we have a few members this way
KermitLeFrog

Re: Grainstorm and general outings

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Easy enough for you to get to the Land of the six fingered. Just come along. Others will fill you in with what goes on. Some people even make the trip from the Scottish borders...
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:53 pm Easy enough for you to get to the Land of the six fingered. Just come along. Others will fill you in with what goes on. Some people even make the trip from the Scottish borders...
Oi Frog face watch the finger comments ! :x

As host of the aforementioned Grainstorm, the basis is a get together of like minded Stormers & a few ex Stormers for a workshopday.

Got a job to do but not sure how or not yet super confidant to weild a spanner/socket/hammer or even a bigger hammer, then those in the know will guide you through the process. Help where needed or laugh at your incompetance. Or possibly both...

A chance to meet old freinds & meet new, talk a load of tosh, what we call generalbollocks, drink tea/coffee/soft drink of your choice & if you arrive on time gnaw on a bacon buttie... ( suppiled but bring your own condiments as I dont do red or brown sauce as its the devils vomit & I like to taste the bacon...Except for Kermit you this year will get the chefs special sauce for aformentioned finger comments...)

If you plan on any work being done make sure you have all the correct bits & bring tools if you can. I don't mind lending mine but I'm still smarting over a missing 3/8 breker bar that went walkies possibliy at last years meet...( if you did pick it up by mistake & return it this year I wont bear a grudge...)

So all in a fun day with lots of banter & piss taking...

Date is not 100% set for this year there is a poll running but that ends in less than two weeks...but looking late April or early may...Youd be more than welcome to attend as long as you dont mind the ritual hazing for new attendees... :lol: :lol:

There will normaly be a few Stormers heading down from up your way & a meet up for the run down is normaly arranged.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Smoking Joe simon

Cheers for the update, no jobs on the storm that doing that I'm aware of. Changed the accts for manuals, fitted new mirrors with standards, just what to ride it now :wink:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Oh & with a name like that have got one of these...?

Smoking Joe simon

Yes I have but not sure how I upload a pic :roll:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Smoking Joe simon wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:02 pm Yes I have but not sure how I upload a pic :roll:
This is the site I use, fairly simple to use...even I can manage it... :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=41262#p449062