Banned for life.....

General Biker Banter
8541Hawk

Re: Banned for life.....

Post by 8541Hawk »

Actually I wasn't surprised at all....in fact I knew it was coming. As for any replies to what I posted there.....well never saw them as, like I said, I didn't go there that often.
Though it is actually pretty funny.... I post up that I'm not that active because I got a forum warning for being offensive and the reaction is how dare you say anything like that....you're banned......

Now for the question of why it would be nice to be able to delete the content I provided.....well the other person I had seen banned from that site had all their posts just blanked out.
My stuff is still there, but then again some of those threads have the highest view count of anything on their forum. Though still, if I'm not good enough to be on the forum then why should all my post still be good enough?

Enough of this non-sense....... and thanks for letting me (or putting up with me) vent a bit :angel:

On a different front.....my cams should be on the way to me soon....... :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:22 pm Your always welcome here Mike...

As for S/H forum...stuff em their loss not yours...

Anyhoo how are you ? Sorted living quarters out yet ?

Mac... :thumbup:
Yeah I'm in sunny New Mexico now......snow on the ground and driving the big 4X4 but at least there is a track right close by. :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Happy to have you on board Mike :thumbup:
Their loss is our gain :)

I have just been reading about how high you are above sea level in New Mexico, I thought I was high enough at just over 500 feet :lol:

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Wow 8O And they think that banning members will save the forum. No warnings or cooling off periods then. With the increase in social media sites (FB) forums are struggling. For some reason folk like to follow the herd and one can get away with talking sh1t on FB and leaving big skidmarks for each other and those watching. Some forum softwares are adapting to make them more like a social media type vibe with a member profile page, comment system and notifications etc as a way to compete. The SH forum has far too much data mining and sharing, monitization going on over there. The true beauty of a foum is that it can remain under the radar if it wished from all the crap. It's funny though as most folk seem to prefer to hang out in the local dive bar and have a few rucks rather than an exclusive club for dedicated members with a passion for something in common and sharing of knowledge.
==============================Enter the Darkside
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

VTRDark wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:22 pm Wow 8O And they think that banning members will save the forum. No warnings or cooling off periods then. With the increase in social media sites (FB) forums are struggling. For some reason folk like to follow the herd and one can get away with talking sh1t on FB and leaving big skidmarks for each other and those watching. Some forum softwares are adapting to make them more like a social media type vibe with a member profile page, comment system and notifications etc as a way to compete. The SH forum has far too much data mining and sharing, monitization going on over there. The true beauty of a foum is that it can remain under the radar if it wished from all the crap. It's funny though as most folk seem to prefer to hang out in the local dive bar and have a few rucks rather than an exclusive club for dedicated members with a passion for something in common and sharing of knowledge.
Well said sir and how have you been?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I'm so so, plodding along in the same old life, could be better but then I look at others in the world and think how lucky I am really. Trying to cut down on my internet usage and online activity. A technology diet :P The internet is not like it used to be and there is so much negativity about from politics, fake news and misinformation to all the advertising, data mining and manipulation. The internet and computers in general have turned into a real monster, a very unhealthy and mentally unstable monster. I've been with them since the beginning and I don't like the direction everything is taking. The negatives outweigh the pro's as society breaks down creating an even bigger rich and poor divide.

One just needs to take a look at the state of the high street with all the shops closing down and folk made redundant to be replaced by coffee shops and charity shops. The coffee shops and bars will eventually turn into vending machines or non human robots serving us. It won't be long before we are forced away from petrol and have to use computerised electric vehicles where they control us rather than the other way around. Worst of all is that governments are not doing anything about it. I don't think they know how to deal with it apart from utilise the tech to control us when social uproar and anarchy eventually arrives. Say hello to robocop who can check your social media accounts and decide whether to fine you or not from an automatic central computerised system controlling everything including our social credit allowance fund (if / when it happens) or worse could be to shoot you or not if it decides your a threat to society and the systems in place. Were only scratching the beginnings right now and I feel sorry for the kids future. Governments need to start heavily taxing these companies now so they can pay the benefits (social credit) to all the unemployed.

The internet is more a commercial enterprise than anything else with the likes of all the big tech companies ruling the roost and controlling all the benefits and pushing profits their way and big brother is riding off the back of it for their own benefits. Not a lot that actually benefits the people or the planet. I've fallen out of love for all the tech and wished I lived off grid on a homestead somewhere surrounded by nature instead of a concrete and plastic jungle. This little Island is just too packed out and there's nowhere to hide and jobs are becoming more scarce as machines and automation take over and wages as usual are not enough to keep up with the cost of living.

Look at this sh1t that has just come out to keep people stuck in their online bubbles for longer. Technology is like crack cocaine. A society where everyone is on the same drug and Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple, Microsoft etc are the the drug dealers and were are all the zombies with our heads face down in a screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHR8efUn3SY

$2,000 yes you heard that right 2,000 f...ing grand for something that will end up on landfill in couple of years.
https://www.zdnet.com/google-amp/article/galaxy-fold-a-2000-smartphone-becomes-a-reality-but-is-it-worth-the-money/

I bet you wished you didn't ask now :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome back Hawk and also Tin Hat Carl

I tend to agree with Carl on the -ve effects the internet and social media has on peoples emotional state and also the data mining we are allowing to happen, the internet of things will soon replace the village of humans .......... but I still see this little forum as my group therapy to counter all the crap in the modern world :D
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Isn't dealing with all that what bikes are for?
It's what I use mine for- pure, hedonistic escapism.

Mind you, it is getting worse- they used to have to catch you to give you a fine or points, the games too easy for them now.
On the other hand, there's only a handful of plod out and about at any one time now
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

tony.mon wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:34 pm Isn't dealing with all that what bikes are for?
It's what I use mine for- pure, hedonistic escapism.
yes that's true, this is just the place to come when you cant get out on your bike :D
AMcQ
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Well Carl..not sorry I asked and I actually agree with much that you have to say.
It was one of the reasons I decided to move. Yes I have to deal with "seasons" now as it has been snowing this week and a much longer ride to find a good riding location but for that I get to live in a place where folks are actually nice to each other.

One of the good things of living in a state that has less population than the LA metro area 8O
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

8541Hawk wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:10 pm Well Carl..not sorry I asked and I actually agree with much that you have to say.
It was one of the reasons I decided to move. Yes I have to deal with "seasons" now as it has been snowing this week and a much longer ride to find a good riding location but for that I get to live in a place where folks are actually nice to each other.

One of the good things of living in a state that has less population than the LA metro area 8O
This is the secret! Northumberland is the largest county in England with the smallest population. We say hello and talk to complete strangers in the street. In the South East or London you would be arrested for that.

Mind you, sometimes I can't understand a word they are saying but that's a minor point...
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:56 pm
8541Hawk wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:10 pm Well Carl..not sorry I asked and I actually agree with much that you have to say.

This is the secret! Northumberland is the largest county in England with the smallest population. We say hello and talk to complete strangers in the street. In the South East or London you would be arrested for that.

Mind you, sometimes I can't understand a word they are saying but that's a minor point...
Tosh...Only this morning in Sunny Grain a compleat stranger said hello, good morning to me...I'm not too sure about the secret handshake tho... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Grain isn't the SE. It's a little country all to itself.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

I am at a loss as to why the US site has banned you Hawk.

Like a lot have said , it's their loss.

Comforting to know that I can still access your thoughts on here.

Stay safe and enjoy your new location.

Let us know about the cams that you get.

I am at the point where I think that is the next mod for me.
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia