Where has the notifications feature gone?

General Biker Banter
freeridenick

Where has the notifications feature gone?

Post by freeridenick »

Is it just me or has the feature that notified users of new posts on threads they are following vanished? It used to be next to the private messages icon. I've not seen it for a day or two and threads I follow have had new posts. I have to find them through the new posts link.
Wicky

Re: Where has the notifications feature gone?

Post by Wicky »

I just have this bookmarked > search.php?search_id=newposts
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

freeridenick wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:19 pm Is it just me or has the feature that notified users of new posts on threads they are following vanished? It used to be next to the private messages icon. I've not seen it for a day or two and threads I follow have had new posts. I have to find them through the new posts link.
Sorry about that but the notifications feature has been causing me a major headache with the quantity of email notifications that were getting sent out. It was getting to the point where I was getting spammed by all of the bounced emails from old users who no longer have active email accounts and have been getting quite a few angry emails from ex-forum members who still have the same email address but are flagging the notifications as spam.

Al.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Weirdly over the last couple of weeks I’ve been receiving notifications of any responses on topics, which I hadn’t requested.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I had a message a couple of weeks ago telling me i was blacklisted and it wouldn't let me post for a day or two,but ok now.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:19 am I had a message a couple of weeks ago telling me i was blacklisted and it wouldn't let me post for a day or two,but ok now.
To be fair that’s understandable!!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

firestorm_al wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:37 pm
freeridenick wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:19 pm Is it just me or has the feature that notified users of new posts on threads they are following vanished? It used to be next to the private messages icon. I've not seen it for a day or two and threads I follow have had new posts. I have to find them through the new posts link.
Sorry about that but the notifications feature has been causing me a major headache with the quantity of email notifications that were getting sent out. It was getting to the point where I was getting spammed by all of the bounced emails from old users who no longer have active email accounts and have been getting quite a few angry emails from ex-forum members who still have the same email address but are flagging the notifications as spam.

Al.
Thanks for the explanation Al, I can understand the hassle that has caused. Should I be getting email notifications then? Sometimes I do but mostly not; even for threads I've started, like this one.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Are you still getting the emails today?

Al.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Kev L wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:47 pm
alanfjones1411 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:19 am I had a message a couple of weeks ago telling me i was blacklisted and it wouldn't let me post for a day or two,but ok now.
To be fair that’s understandable!!!
You know me too well Kev. :)
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN