nothing to do with storms

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

nothing to do with storms

Post by fabiostar »

well not really but . some of you bunch may have ridden some of these bikes. say you fancied a change ok.. to be used as a fun bike, able to take a passenger the odd time,

nothing to rip your arms out with but just old style backroads fun and normal speeds.

Yamaha MT03
750 dorsoduro.
690 KTM, some breed off.
Pegaso Facrory
660 Yamaha

or have i missed something along those lines?

just a thought.

i should add not a parallel twin of any sort cause they sound total SHITEEEE
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRsquid

Re: nothing to do with storms

Post by VTRsquid »

As a Trx850 owner im going to have to rebutt you on the parralel twin thing. 270* crank has same firing pattern and power delivery as a v-twin but none of the packaging or asymetrical carbuerration and exhaust problems.
A lot of the newer bikes are running an uneven firing parrallel twin like that now, all the modern classic triumphs, yami mt07, duke 790 , etc. They sound friggen awesome.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

VTRsquid wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:49 am As a Trx850 owner im going to have to rebutt you on the parralel twin thing. 270* crank has same firing pattern and power delivery as a v-twin but none of the packaging or asymetrical carbuerration and exhaust problems.
A lot of the newer bikes are running an uneven firing parrallel twin like that now, all the modern classic triumphs, yami mt07, duke 790 , etc. They sound friggen awesome.
actually granted the likes of TDMs with that firing order sound well. iv heard a MT07 and not sure i could live with that noise, maybe it wasnt the best pipe on it.. im thinking more along the single/v twin engine line tho..something that makes a 60mph road feel fun :clap:
VTRsquid

Post by VTRsquid »

Check out "Royal Jordanian" on his Nuda 900 on youtube for an idea of what an uneven firing paralel twin sounds like. Mate, they are a good thing. :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

VTRsquid wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:18 am Check out "Royal Jordanian" on his Nuda 900 on youtube for an idea of what an uneven firing paralel twin sounds like. Mate, they are a good thing. :thumbup:
A Nuda would be the very thing but they are hard to get and prices seem crazy of late, amazing looking bike tho.
VTRsquid

Post by VTRsquid »

Yeah they are pretty thin on the ground, I wouldnt mind one. But im more just saying that uneven firing parallels sound good so dont rule them out if one comes up.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

750 duso is a riot of a bike.
If want for Ex's then I would still have it...
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
popkat

Post by popkat »

All singles, they can be great fun but easy to get bored after a while, some of them may not be the most reliable either..

My tip would be a Street Triple.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRsquid wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:18 am Check out "Royal Jordanian" on his Nuda 900 on youtube for an idea of what an uneven firing paralel twin sounds like. Mate, they are a good thing. :thumbup:
You're certainly not wrong there it sounds awesome, and looks the dogs too 8)

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Iv had a look at the bigger(twins) KTM supermotos but they are a bit big for me and what id be using it for...TDM yamahas are a great bike but again a tad big and heavy..

the kinda thing im looking is something you can turn off the main road and spend a few hours bashing round roads that hasnt seen to many cars on :eek2 ..whatever bike it is its not gona have to mile munch to much as il have old yellow for that duty..
VTRsquid

Post by VTRsquid »

TDM's or "Tedium" no, if your going to go that way check out the TRX. Trellis frame, handsome looks, and agile handling that belies its 200kg weight. Would make a great, cheap little bro to your VTR's. pretty useless for pillion passengers though unless they are midgets or like having their knees near their armpit with their high pillion pegs.
On the affordable but modern side of things the MT-07 are probably worth looking at. 270* crank, sounds and rides exactly like a 90* v-twin. Bit gutless and cheap suspension but good value and sound fantastic with an exhaust.
duke790 is by all accounts the ducks guts. Full package hoon bike.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

VTRsquid wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:23 am TDM's or "Tedium" no, if your going to go that way check out the TRX. Trellis frame, handsome looks, and agile handling that belies its 200kg weight. Would make a great, cheap little bro to your VTR's. pretty useless for pillion passengers though unless they are midgets or like having their knees near their armpit with their high pillion pegs.
On the affordable but modern side of things the MT-07 are probably worth looking at. 270* crank, sounds and rides exactly like a 90* v-twin. Bit gutless and cheap suspension but good value and sound fantastic with an exhaust.
duke790 is by all accounts the ducks guts. Full package hoon bike.
TRX is a bike i like but, it would be like having another version of a storm if that makes sense, the Duke is a bit outa my price range, the MT i havnt looked at as yet so no idea what sorta money they go for,, budget wise im looking at bikes in the 4k region max.
VTRsquid

Post by VTRsquid »

Yeah i hear ya.
how about triples? 675 street, mt09? can be had for pretty realistic money these days. Both bikes sub 170kg if i remember correctly with aggro engines and geometry.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

VTRsquid wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:44 am Yeah i hear ya.
how about triples? 675 street, mt09? can be had for pretty realistic money these days. Both bikes sub 170kg if i remember correctly with aggro engines and geometry.
iv had a look at both those, great donkeys in them and the triple engine sounds great.. but a wee bit to roady...

i think the sorta thing im looking is the type of bike you see a gravel road and think,yeah lets be having a bit of that :eek2 ..the more time i spend thinking about im going down the supermoto (ish) type of bike..i did get a short ride a while back on the traily version of the ER6 kawasaki but i fell asleep, nice bike but a flat engine..

whats put me into this is the time i spend with a mate who has a Husky 701.. 70bhp and a serious hard bike to keep up with lol..
VTRsquid

Post by VTRsquid »

Yeah i bet the Husky was hard to keep up with. Sounds like you are in the market for a supermoto then.
Have you guys heard of SWM? apparently a spanish or italian brand from the 70's, recently reopened for business by buying the Italian Husky factory, and all the Husky patents and tooling of the Italian era of 5-10 years ago and is making the Italian huskies again, including a supermoto. Price and allegedly the quality is pretty good but resale would be a b*tch.
https://swmmotorcycles.com.au/sm-500-r/