nothing to do with storms

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Re: nothing to do with storms

Post by AMCQ46 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:35 am whats put me into this is the time i spend with a mate who has a Husky 701.. 70bhp and a serious hard bike to keep up with lol..
hell yes, james is a hard man to catch. and even on fast A roads he is not getting dropped :clap:
AMcQ
thelens

Post by thelens »

fabiostar wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:44 pm well not really but . some of you bunch may have ridden some of these bikes. say you fancied a change ok.. to be used as a fun bike, able to take a passenger the odd time,

nothing to rip your arms out with but just old style backroads fun and normal speeds.

Yamaha MT03
750 dorsoduro.
690 KTM, some breed off.
Pegaso Facrory
660 Yamaha

or have i missed something along those lines?

just a thought.

i should add not a parallel twin of any sort cause they sound total SHITEEEE
A good few years ago I bought a 600 Yamaha enduro bike. It was a Belgrade version and had all the trick bits as standard.
My idea was to have my fun off road in a bid to keep my fun legal lol. Beautiful bike. Very quickly ended up missing my mates and the road. So after just one outing, I cut through all the spokes and sent the hubs off to talon engineering in Devon. Had 17” spokes fitted to gold anodised wide rims. Finished off with Dunlop D207s. So turned it into a super moto :lol:
Looked a million dollars and drew a crowd where ever it was parked. It rode ok to be honest.
I remember thinking if only they built a bike like this with a bigger engine and V twin. That would be the ultimate bike !
Then Aprilia bought out the dorsaduro ! Nuff said :D
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

those SWMs have a dealer over here... i did look at them then remembered my years at racing supermoto SMR Huskies and realised the engines are either brilliant or you gather the engine up in bags :lol: :lol: .

from looking about its kinda heading Dorsoduro or KTM single as favs atm... but il keep my nose open to anything .il prob end up getting nothing like what i actually want and still end up trying to chase James :lol: :lol: :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: