Forum Awards 2019

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Forum Awards 2019

Post by MacV2 »

NOMINATIONS FOR SET AWARDS & SUGGESTIONS FOR NEW AWARDS MORE THAN WELCOME.

Almost 2020 and none of us has thought about the year end malarkey that is our annual name and shame awards.

That was until AMcQ gave me a polite poke & some rambbling comment about the 2018 effort by yours truly being 'a bit funnier than I could manage...'

So I guess in the absence of a professional effort, you will have to put up with my shambolic attempts to kick you into action using only cut & paste from AMcQ's post of 2017's vintage & last years fubar...

So I am Looking for nominations on the categories below.

From today for 1 week only then there will be voting on those who were nominated.

I have tried to make that last bit really obvious to see, as every year some of you get very confused and think you are voting when you are only nominating :D

So as well as the usual classes as per last year, I have made some new catagories up & changed some others but feel free to make sugegestions as to different awards before the voting starts...

1) Best Firestorm on the forum.
2) Best non firestorm owned by a forum member.
3) Best weekend of Storm madness.
4) Most helpful forum member.
5) Least progress on a project since records began.
6) Most anticipated project VTR or Other Motorcycle model/brand.
7) The forum member with the worst case of obsessive compulsive bike modifying.
8 ) 2019 Operation Storm Highlight.
9) The With Hindsight The Best Operation Storm 2019 Disaster/Mishap which can now be looked back on with a chortle & a chuckle.
10) 2019 Award for the Partner having to put up with the VTR obsessed Forum member.

So it's down to me again to sort it out this year/ next year whatever... So sometime this time next week the polls will open.

Over to you guys... NOMINATIONS & SUGGESTIONS PLEASE
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Re: Forum Awards 2019

Post by MacV2 »

So my nominations are...

1) Best Firestorm on the forum. Red 633. Fabio's Mori Rep.
2) Best non firestorm owned by a forum member. Tony's new Ape. Budds old Ape. Joneys BMW.
3) Best weekend of Storm madness. DevonStorm 2019. Wales 2019.
4) Most helpful forum member. Tony M. Al McQ. PeteL. Frank. KevL.
5) Least progress on a project since records began. Flattie. Mac.
6) Most anticipated project VTR or Other Motorcycle model/brand. Mark GLRS.
7) The forum member with the worst case of obsessive compulsive bike modifying. Fabbio.
8 ) 2019 Operation Storm Highlight. Kevs Birthday cake Wales. Visit to Bennys bench Wales.
9) The With Hindsight The Best Operation Storm 2019 Disaster/Mishap which can now be looked back on with a chortle & a chuckle. Macs visit to A&E Devon Storm.
10) 2019 Award for the Partner having to put up with the VTR obsessed Forum member. Mrs Mons. Mrs AMcQ. Mrs Fabio.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:01 am So my nominations are...

1) Best Firestorm on the forum. Red 633. Fabio's Mori Rep.
2) Best non firestorm owned by a forum member. Tony's new Ape. Budds old Ape. Joneys BMW.
3) Best weekend of Storm madness. DevonStorm 2019. Wales 2019.
4) Most helpful forum member. Tony M. Al McQ. PeteL. Frank. KevL.
5) Least progress on a project since records began. Flattie. Mac.
7) The forum member with the worst case of obsessive compulsive bike modifying. Fabbio.
8 ) 2019 Operation Storm Highlight. Kevs Birthday cake Wales. Visit to Bennys bench Wales.
9) The With Hindsight The Best Operation Storm 2019 Disaster/Mishap which can now be looked back on with a chortle & a chuckle. Macs visit to A&E Devon Storm.
10) 2019 Award for the Partner having to put up with the VTR obsessed Forum member. Mrs Mons. Mrs AMcQ. Mrs Fabio.

il go with the above plus.

2.AMCQs little KH125.
3. scotland, N Ireland, becasuse thats what i went on.. wtching james on the crazy KTM at both these events.
9. NI storm , a KTM breaking down and then walking into a shed full of real life tanks.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

thanks for picking up the baton Mac :thumbup:

my nominations

1) Best Firestorm on the forum. - Fabios nightmare Mori, Dave-O Donal's matt black fighter :lol: , KevLs blue rinse special, Mikstrs carbon express, Kenmores shotgun exhaust
2) Best non firestorm owned by a forum member.- Cheeky Kev's new Indian FTR
3) Best weekend of Storm madness. - Yorkshire, Scotland, Ireland & wales [they were the ones I got to]
4) Most helpful forum member. - all of those who came to Normans funeral and those who sent me messages of support .... you know who you are and you are all true gentlemen. :thumbup: :beer: you were a big help to getting me through it and helped me enjoy being back on the bike in yorkshire.
5) Least progress on a project since records began. - we can't keep saying Flattys Ducafe can we?? oh yes we can :lol:
6) Most anticipated project VTR or Other Motorcycle model/brand. - Buzzers KTM, Vara's Flattracker,
7) The forum member with the worst case of obsessive compulsive bike modifying. - Tony & Fabio
8 ) 2019 Operation Storm Highlight. the road from Selkirk to the Greymares tail with James on his Husky in Hot persuit.. The orange lanterns that Gabi brought to remember norman by when we were in Yorkshire [Norman had booked to be there]. The hot yoga that we interrupted at the NI bunkhouse.
9) The With Hindsight The Best Operation Storm 2019 Disaster/Mishap which can now be looked back on with a chortle & a chuckle. Mac falling over in devon. Bazza knocking over 2 bikes with his tailbag when he was trying to quietly depart the Wales weekend at the crack of dawn.
10) 2019 Award for the Partner having to put up with the VTR obsessed Forum member. - Robert H and Robert James [Fabio & StormyRob]
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

don't all answer at the last minute, or mac will get stressed out!
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:22 am don't all answer at the last minute, or mac will get stressed out!
Fek 'em If they cant be bothered then dont start complaining when the polls go up & they are all for my bikes... :lol: :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

1) Best Firestorm on the forum - Mac’s 633, AMcQ yellow ting, Duffy’s fighter (controversial!), Bigtwinthings boomerang bike!, Fab’s Morilikey.
2) Best non firestorm owned by a forum member - Al’s little KH, Duffy’s Triumph 650, Tony M’s Ape, Fabs Ape super Moto.
3) Best weekend of Storm madness - they all look great. Mac’s deviants day is always a giggle.
4) Most helpful forum member - loads of top chaps but Mac is always there to help keep them on the road.
5) Least progress on a project since records began - Mark GLSR, Flatties Duke
6) Most anticipated project VTR or Other Motorcycle model/brand. - Mark GLSR
7) The forum member with the worst case of obsessive compulsive bike modifying - Fab or Rob
8 ) 2019 Operation Storm Highlight.
9) The With Hindsight The Best Operation Storm 2019 Disaster/Mishap which can now be looked back on with a chortle & a chuckle.
10) 2019 Award for the Partner having to put up with the VTR obsessed Forum member - Fab or Rob’s
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
DaveOD

Post by DaveOD »

Jaysus, im honoured to be mentioned in the same sentence as Fabios bike AMcQ even if you are laughing, at least i got a mention
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

So my nominations are...

1) Best Firestorm on the forum. Fabio's Mori Rep But I love my Fighter now its finally done :lol:
2) Best non firestorm owned by a forum member. Tony's new Ape. Kev L's Suzuki GT 250
3) Best weekend of Storm madness. GrainStorm 2019, as only event I went to.
4) Most helpful forum member. Tony M. Mac, KevL.
5) Least progress on a project since records began. Flattie again
8 ) 2019 Operation Storm Highlight. Bennys bench Wales.
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

DaveOD wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:11 pm Jaysus, im honoured to be mentioned in the same sentence as Fabios bike AMcQ even if you are laughing, at least i got a mention
there is something very memorable about your bikes Dave :thumbup:
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i wana add nicks home tuned fast as fook track bike for best storm.. forgot about that one. :crazy:

and for number 4.. sirch :thumbup: he lives on here.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:35 pm i wana add nicks home tuned fast as fook track bike for best storm.. forgot about that one. :crazy:

and for number 4.. sirch :thumbup: he lives on here.
good catch on both of those :thumbup:
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I kind of agree with all those nominations
the only ones I would like to add tp is

5) Least progress on a project since records began. Bazza.. I keep hearing it's nearly back on the road and have been for about the last ten years!!

8 ) 2019 Operation Storm Highlight. I only managed three this year but I feel we could do a whole pole on just some of the tales that went on.
Silliest moment: Fabio pulling the nail out of his tire to see if it would go down
Wettest day : The trip up to Scotland
Funniest Tale: Was that you Tony who got told to get away from the scout group by their leader. (She was feisty 8O )
The best section of road. This is a big toss up between parts of Devon and Scotland for me..
Most poignant moment. A chance to say goodbye to Norm
Baddest hangover person/ moment. There got to be a few tales there

And so it goes on. Love these end of year Pole Mac, Well done for picking up the mantle this year

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

nice suggestions Pete ... I agree, there should be a list, just to keep us going through the winter, of the best memories from the Storming Weekends.

Tonys passive/aggressive clash with the boy scouts in Scotland was a classic

Fabio walking in on the Hot Yoga in the bunkhouse front room

Tonys inability to find the Yorkshire Bunkhouse on the Friday Night. we could hear him going past the main road in every direction, but never managed to stop him

Tony in Yorkshire failing to follow the rider in front and failing to see me marking the 2nd exit on a traffic island in a little town and taking the 1st exit.... causing me to break my promise [to my self] to just ride gently, and I had to give frantic chase to bring him back to the flock.

Budd deciding he fancied the Tuna on the BBQ rather than the meat, even though it was there for WellGroomed Andy, who is a vegetarian and didn't have any other options.

Trying to Bump Start Budds APE on day 1 in Wales

day 2 in Wales - the failure of the BBQ team to get the charcoal hot enough and Cheeky sue having to step in using the cooker, she was not too happy at the chauvinist support being offered ... then Kev, GrumpyStu and I all getting very close to being slapped by Sue.

Every evening in the Pubs of Newcastle [NI] - too many laughs to mention, and I think the posh boys [Kev, ads, Stu, Gabi & Mark] out at the B&B had some whiskey fueled Queen Tribute event that stopped some of them going out the next day.

Kevs birthday cake in Wales

me having to Fix Robs puncture in Hexham, after he had stupidly pulled the nail out, with everybody else just watching.

Bazzas bike dominos early morning in Wales

Any bit of road with James on his Husky in close proximity

The gathering at the Scotland BBQ with my sister, her daughter and grandson, and Norman's son and his girlfriend attending
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Bloody hell looks like I'll be spending the weekend toiling over the polls...

They may go live at some point... :lol: :lol: