new bike for this yr

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: new bike for this yr

Post by sirch345 »

Nice one Budd :thumbup: although nothing wrong with your well modified Aprilia in my eyes.

I have always liked the look of these RC8's, I even have a scaled down model of one,

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

i bet it sounds raucous with the Akra system!

I have put an akra end can on the 1190 Adventure, but it is the official KTM one and its baffles are spotwelded in to make sure emissions are still complied with!

if I decide it is too quiet I have found the youtube video on the best way to debaffle it :D
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:41 am i bet it sounds raucous with the Akra system!

I have put an akra end can on the 1190 Adventure, but it is the official KTM one and its baffles are spotwelded in to make sure emissions are still complied with!

if I decide it is too quiet I have found the youtube video on the best way to debaffle it :D
Try grinder. I hear that's a good website
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
budd

Post by budd »

Pete.L wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:15 pm Yummy!
I always fancied one of them too. It'l be great to see it (and hear it) in the flesh.
I nearly traded the SP in for one when it came out....but only nearly :D
your honda will be a better long term investment Pete and I would really have liked an SP but they are to low and long for my dodgy knee no way I could even get close to riding one without serious mods, where as the KTM with the seat in its upper position and pegs in there lowest it's just about OK for me, may have to tweak it a bit but it's very close already, I think it's the only sport bike available that I even have a chance of riding without compromising the peg position and ultimately ground clearance. You may have noticed I always struggle round right handers, this is usually because my foot is scraping on the floor...
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
budd

Post by budd »

sirch345 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:12 am Nice one Budd :thumbup: although nothing wrong with your well modified Aprilia in my eyes.

I have always liked the look of these RC8's, I even have a scaled down model of one,

Chris.
TBH Chris you're right there's nothing wrong with my Aprilia (well apart from its reluctance to start on occasion) it's been a fine bike but I've had it 5 yrs and always liked the RC8 so I figured I'm not getting younger so why not. And while I don't think the RC8 is an investment in the same way as the SP I don't it will lose money either. I've seen the 1/10 scale models on ebay I think I need one for my office..
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
budd

Post by budd »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:41 am i bet it sounds raucous with the Akra system!

I haven't had a proper look at the exhaust yet it's largely hidden ( which is a pity) but I'm doing a bit of fettling tomorrow so the fairings will be off and I can have a proper look at. It to looks like it as a baffle/DB killer in the end, it's pretty loud now so it will be properly ( maybe unbearably) loud when it's removed :P . Anyone know the best method for cleaning/rejuvenating titanium ?
budd

Post by budd »

mik_str wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:02 pm I tested one for about a week when they first came out (1148cc version) and and quite enjoyed it. The ergos were the main thing, allowing you to make the bike comfortable for everyday riding. Hope it works out for you.
I have a really knackered leg so the adjustability was key for me it surprises me that other manufacturers haven't put the same thought into the design that KTM obviously did, it's very clever how they've made what is intended to be an out and out sports bike so user friendly. Modern sports bikes appear to be getting worse and seem to be getting smaller and more cramped. The KTM was the only thing that came close to fitting in with my compromised leg. I guess ultimately I'll end up with a adventure style bike but I think I can manage this for a wee while yet.
Dazza2910

Post by Dazza2910 »

AMCQ46 wrote:I have put an akra end can on the 1190 Adventure, but it is the official KTM one and its baffles are spotwelded in to make sure emissions are still complied with!

I've got a 1290SAS and I got a local exhaust company to take the end cap off and cut the baffles out then re-rivet end cap. Way easier. Didn't fancy trying to chop up new £700 exhaust myself!

Sounds brilliant without being too offensive like my old SV1000 with it's Yoshi's. It set off car alarms all the time!

Daz

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
budd

Post by budd »

cheers Mac, I'll give the Mr Muscle a go, :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

On the SP2 I covered it up with go-faster exhaust wrap, saves cleaning.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:18 am Apparently...

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/new-ride ... st-pipes-/
Mr Sheene works fine, been using it for decades, spray on wipe off, job done
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost