Covid 19 virus

General Biker Banter
Varastorm

Re: Covid 19 virus

Post by Varastorm »

Did the usual end of week shop last night & was greeted with empty shelves galore, rice, pasta, milk, flour, yeast & toilet paper all gone.

Apparently Bangor was wiped clean. I chatted with a few till staff & they were pissed with people whining & moaning. They told me what happens is that people who find toilet paper etc. pass on messages to mates & it's gone in no time.

I had to do the rounds to get what we needed, as we hopped from shop to shop I never thought I'd have to bury the toilet roll with wine so no one would see it & break a window, interesting times.

Reminded me of this cracker of a movie from a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WrCI0W37zw

Here's the latest for the foil hat wearers among us.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/c2/b3/22/c2b3 ... 804c8a.jpg

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:36 am My company has just triggered working from home as a global mandate, so for my site in the UK I will be in on Monday sorting out all the consequences like how to keep labs running and making sure the catering subcontractors are informed.
I hadn't thought of that part. :oops:
The tea lady is going to have a huge expense claim going to everyone's home twice a day.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Varastorm wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:41 am
Apparently Bangor was wiped clean.
Could they possibly do my home town as well?
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

I'm gluten intolerant and the wombles have cleared the gluten free pasta from the shelves as well.

:clap:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

firestorm_al wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:30 pm I'm gluten intolerant and the wombles have cleared the gluten free pasta from the shelves as well.

:clap:
I witnessed a few upsetting scenes yesterday concerning women unable to get baby milk, nappies, creams etc. None anywhere. It's so unreal.

Latest intresting vid. I've seen many clips discussing Mr G & his antics, I wonder..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJGBVDlqWjI
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I'm in the cohort of those most at risk. But, I live alone, work from home, 95% of the time remotely in front of a computer. I am also anal about running out of anything so I have always had a fully stocked larder and freezer. Haven't been to the shops (the most likely place to pick up some disease) for over a week and I don't think I need to do any shopping for months. I'm ready for the long haul.

I feel sorry for those people who need to shop on a regular basis. This isn't the worst virus on the planet, humans are.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Varastorm wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:04 am
Latest intresting vid. I've seen many clips discussing Mr G & his antics, I wonder..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJGBVDlqWjI
First up background to the woo video - Trump has made a point of calling Covid-19 a “Chinese” and “foreign” virus to divert criticism of his mishandling the situation, appealing to his nationalistic base by pointing blame at others i.e Chinese.

And then on 14th March Zhao Lijian, a spokesman for the Chinese Foreign Ministry, tweeted on Thursday that it might have been the US Army that brought the epidemic into Wuhan, the city in China’s Hubei province where the virus was first documented in December 2019.

Which in turn led to China's ambassador to Washington Cui Tiankai being summoned to the State Department over a “blatant, global” disinformation campaign about the Covid-19 coronavirus

Then the clip in your vid with Trump ominously saying 'We all know where it came from' is him 'diplomatically' answering press quesion continuing his tatting their tit over blame without actually saying so, like a Wimbledon tennis rally going back & forth...

As I posted before

“Most experts believe that it is not a question of whether there will be another severe influenza pandemic, but when.”
(The Government’s Chief Medical Officer, 2002)

“Wherever in the world a flu pandemic starts, perhaps with its epicentre in the Far East, we must assume we will be unable to prevent it reaching the UK. When it does, its impact will be severe in the number of illnesses and the disruption to everyday life. The steps we are setting out today will help us to reduce the disease's impact on our population.”
(Sir Liam Donaldson, Chief Medical Officer, 1 March 2005)

So are these folk also in on your conspiracy because they uncannily predicted a pandedmic years beforehand...

Real bad ones come round every generation or so... just that we generally forget.

1918/9 Spanish Flu H1N1, 40-50 million
 dead
1957/8 Asian Flu, 
Influenza A, subtype H2N2, 2 million dead
1968/9 Hong Kong Flu H3N2, 1 million 
dead
2009/10 Swine Flu H1N1, 500,000 dead
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Wicky wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:59 pm So are these folk also in on your conspiracy because they uncannily predicted a pandedmic years beforehand...
Odd that you came to the conclusion that by me highlighting a few video clips other people made, you've deduced it's my conspiracy, love it..
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Varastorm wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:38 pm
Wicky wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:59 pm So are these folk also in on your conspiracy because they uncannily predicted a pandedmic years beforehand...
Odd that you came to the conclusion that by me highlighting a few video clips other people made, you've deduced it's my conspiracy, love it..
Is there anything in the Alex Jones inspired vids worth propogating, beside you finding it 'interesting' that Bill Gates is supposedly responsible for an entire pandemics worth of viruses killing thousands as well as blighting MS Windows computers! that will help folk get through the next few months?

Why does nefarious 'Bill Gates' gain traction? - there are plenty more to choose from; 'created by CIA', 'hoax to stop brexit' or 'to slow down our split from the EU' and many others on pro-Trump QAnon and anti-vaccine groups.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Wicky wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:20 pm
Varastorm wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:38 pm
Is there anything in the Alex Jones inspired vids worth propogating, beside you finding it 'interesting' that Bill Gates is supposedly responsible for an entire pandemics worth of viruses killing thousands as well as blighting MS Windows computers! that will help folk get through the next few months?

Why does nefarious 'Bill Gates' gain traction? - there are plenty more to choose from; 'created by CIA', 'hoax to stop brexit' or 'to slow down our split from the EU' and many others on pro-Trump QAnon and anti-vaccine groups.
Go get a beer & calm down , who's Alex Jones? :lol:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

They're rationing toilet paper at work, I'm already three sheets to the wind....
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:37 am They're rationing toilet paper at work, I'm already three sheets to the wind....
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Popped into the local co-op this eve...

Out of milk, hand sanitiser, hand wipes & of course bog roll all on ration...

Strange thing is I can't find any panic to buy anywhere...It's all over the news that that people are panic buying but ask a shop assitant if they have any panic & all you get is a blank stare...

I did buy a 4 pack of Picnic bars that was the closest I could get... The wrappers may be a bit to shiney to use as loo roll replacement tho...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Bloody Corona Virus,

I've had it for years, it's a habit I picked up in my youth.

You should hear the folks at work laugh when I tell them , especially at the moment.

I announced at a Sales Meeting that I had it because I had drunk a 6 pack of Corona the night before.

A bonus because Corona sales have plummeted during this crises and it is cheep !

On a serious note,

Unfortunately I have witnessed MADNESSES in the Supermarkets.

Absolutely incredible, to see the worst of the human race exhibit the Survival instinct.

Bloody tragic if you ask me.

I am an old fart and can remember when we used cut up newspaper for the loo.

Can't imagine the current lot doing the same.

At least we can take our bikes for a ride as it won't break any Virus rules.

This whole thing stinks.

My som Mathew is getting married at the end of the month and it has been a calamity right from the get go.

Honeymoon to Africa and Maldives cancelled, Reception Venue changing hands mid stream and all that goes with that to where we are now.

I will be driving with Her Indoors about 1600 Klms to attend the Wedding as we can't fly and will take two days to get there.

All this is dependent on no rule changes between now and then during this episode.

Bloody Corona.

Think I will get the VTR out on Monday and clear the Cob webs before I go.

I can't help but think that it is going to be like something from a Mad Max movie .

Stay tuned for the next instalment of Corona ...
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia