Covid 19 virus

General Biker Banter
Kev L

Re: Covid 19 virus

Post by Kev L »

FFS mate. Doesn’t give confidence, does it! Piss ups in breweries anyone?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Mmmm

Charlie flew to Birkhall, his Balmoral home, with Camilla on March 22 - around the time he started feeling unwell.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/covi ... l-guidance

This guidance is for people planning to visit second homes or holiday premises during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

Essential travel does not include visits to second homes, camp sites, caravan parks or similar, whether for isolation purposes or holidays. People should remain in their primary residence. Not taking these steps puts additional pressure on communities and services that are already at risk.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well today i went out on the bike. much easier to get to the chemists to pick up my diabetic meds...

sorry we have run out :eek2

4 fecking chemists and 20 miles later i got what i needed :eek2 :eek2 ... this is all starting to get a bit silly now and i was kinda freaking out about getting the meds..

on the plus side, my bikes have never been this clean. i also bumped into two kids in my house!! strange creatures called me dad :eek2 :lol: :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I found a great way to bolster the performance of my VTR. This was Saturday by the way, before old feckers were told to lock themselves away! Anyway, first you buy a 50 year old British bike and ride it around for a few months. Then you kit up and go out on the VTR when the sun shines and voila it feels like you’re on a GP bike!!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Council fek up update.

Now it has been decided that we will be on a weekly rota, one bod in only to do 'emergency' call outs... 4 to 6 jobs only per day.

Basicaly knock on the door & if they open it, stand back having left a pack of self treatment goodies for mice/rats/cockroaches/fleas. Do a bit of long range 'how to instructions & check things in 10 days & call back in if still needed.

All well & good I have pointed out except when the tnt's dont speak English very well if at all, which unsurprisingly is quite common in the borough. :lol: :lol:

This will start as of Monday next week.

I've said I will do first week, not heard back on that one yet. & at the moment there are only 2 of us working. 1 is self isolating. 2nd is barred from work as had cancer recently. I doubt the 'manager' will be out to play although I did ask the question if he would be in...So I might be 1 week in, 1 week off or 2 weeks off or 3 weeks off before going back in.

What ever plans out I'll be keeping Frank under close scrutiny over the comming weeks/months. He tells me he is immune so all is good.

Post offices are still open so if Frank can help with anything for your ''CoronaProjects'. give him a shout...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Work from home - tell the tenants to bring their pests to you to deal with

Must be a lot of starving critters wondering where their next next is coming from with the shutting down of restaurants & fast food shops, same for rats and cockroaches...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Wicky wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:49 am Work from home - tell the tenants to bring their pests to you to deal with

Must be a lot of starving critters wondering where their next next is coming from with the shutting down of restaurants & fast food shops, same for rats and cockroaches...
:lol:

No thanks...
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

This guy's managed to transpose all my fears into hopes.
https://www.ft.com/content/19d90308-685 ... e6fedcca75
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I'm getting ready to applaud the NHS staff within earshot of my home.
It's only right, they helped me with the clap a while back.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Agree with bit about politicians, only just recently they were, to further their agenda, saying don't listen to experts.

Sections of society not all fully complying and behaving their own good - sa we saw this weeknd all gathering together when explicitly being told not good to for your health, and much the same say with vaccines cos they have been led not to believe in experts leading to some diseases like chicken and smallpox making a resurgence. Goodness knows if they'll be happy or not when a CV-19 becomes available.

So politicians aren't perfect and public isn't perfect - result will be a muddle out of the set-back, we'll be quite a bit poorer paying costs for quite a few years, whilst sailing on our own without a paddle into a Brexit sunset dreaming of our glory days of Empire & dominion behind us.

We could as a nation plant trees and instead of building sea going oak galleons to ply the seven seas simply mulch em into making bog-roll, obviously a richer commodity sought the world-over more than gold or dyson hoovers...

freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Wicky wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:05 pm
We could as a nation plant trees and instead of building sea going oak galleons to ply the seven seas simply mulch em into making bog-roll, obviously a richer commodity sought the world-over more than gold or dyson hoovers...
Tree husbandry instead of animal husbandry. That'll work. Farmer's grants become tree planting grants and we all get a free bog roll a day just like we used to get milk at school. With a bit of genetic twiddling we might even be able to eat it and have self-cleaning arses.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So here's the latest installment of the Council 'The Pandemic' it's a fek up...

We are to be on a weekly call out rota. We stay at home & only come in IF there is a call out worth doing.

Any calls in re Pest control will be passed to the 'manager' who will call the tnt & drill down with further questions as to the problem.

If we are required to go in the tech on call will go in to deal with it. The plan is to just leave stuff in a box for the tnt to use themselves.

We will have to play it by ear as to weather we actualy go inside & only in full PPE, coverals, mask & gloves it will be our call on the day.

The idea is we will do this to save sitting around all day at work waiting for any calls.

Only issue so far is that the stuff for tnts to use has had to be ordered specialy & it hasn't turned up yet... :lol: :lol:

The calls will be all day appointments so if I get a call at say 09.30 I can wait untill Homes Under the Hammer has finished before going in... :wink:

Rota has been set. Starting Monday as week one. I will be on call on week two & five ect untill further notice.

Apparently we remain on full pay thoughout this 'difficult period' *

Personaly I can see this being a pain due to the distance required to go in, It will be a right pain in the butt to head in to do one job, then get a call out to go back in... We will have to see how it pans out... If the calls are handeld properly when they first come in & then screened by the 'manager' we may well not be at all busy...but only time will tell.

Wish me luck I've some sitting around to do...as we all have...

* Boris speak...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's not all doom and gloom; every so often a bright ray pierces the dark and angry sky and we can find a positive in a haystack of negatives.
I have been asked to manage key worker parking passes for our nurses and carers working in the community in London, so that they could park, within reason, and as long as they obeyed the major rules and didn't cause an obstruction, without charge.
A few days ago, the Local Government secretary told all Local Authorities in the UK that the Government would subsidise the cost of this, and all seemed well.
But each Council has interpreted this in a different way; one or two gave just said "we aren't enforcing it, park where you like".
So residents bays or parking metered slits are free to use, just don't park on red lines or cause an obstruction.
Others offer a permit to leave in your car.
Still more want you to send in each person's details and they will add them to their database as if they had paid to park

So I contacted all of our staff and offers to collate this, and it's taken me three full days so far.
I'm ok with that, I'm being paid and doing something useful.

One lady, a qualified Paediatric Nurse, whose job is to oversee and manage life preserving equipment- ventilators, PEG feeds, etc for children with complex healthcare needs so that they can live safely at home rather than occupying a hospital bed- was asked for her car reg number, the make and the model.

Her reg number was easy, and she knew it was a Nissan, but gave the model as "grey".

I pointed out that Nissan don't make a car called the "grey", and perhaps should might reconsider her answer.

She kindly did so, and the following day, she updated the information, and this time she apparently drives a "Nissan 2016".

But I am made of sterner stuff, so went back to her a third time, asking her to go to the rear of her car and read what was written there. I saw the obvious trap, and told her to ignore the number plate, as I already had that information.

To her surprise, someone had put a plastic badge there saying "X Trail".

I may take up knitting bicycles from wet string next, as it might be easier.

I can't possibly understand where these absurd stereotypes about female drivers originate............. :roll:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Good news!
Trump says that it'll all be over by Easter!

Bad news!
Easter has been delayed until November due to coronavirus.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:09 pm Good news!
Trump says that it'll all be over by Easter!

Bad news!
Easter has been delayed until November due to coronavirus.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal