Covid 19 virus

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Covid 19 virus

Post by tony.mon »

Well, it's about time we had this conversation starter underway; you can't watch the news, listen to the radio or read a paper without the pandemic (that isn't a pandemic) seizing the centre ground.
The planning is in for such emergency measures as having a mortuary tent in Hyde Park (thanks, Britain, bring out your dead and drop them off in the middle of London, why don't you) the army medics helping out in Hospitals, and, even more serious, increasing class sizes in schools. No upper limit, one teacher, 850 kids, don't fancy that job much....

But there are positives.

Some of the reported acases of infection are in the UK, mostly people coming back from Italy, Germany is another hot spot, I voted to leave the EU, but even after that they're still exporting their people to here - but now, with diseases.

So, what do we do about it?

I have come up with a plan.

Number One: I'm currently stockpiling motorcycles.
I'm up to four, but Mac is setting the tone, I feel. I need to apply myself, and be more diligent in this regard.

It would be thoughtless in the extreme to attend showrooms or auction rooms, with the risk of meeting people already infected, and exposing myself to their virus. So Ebay is the way to go.That way, you are only exposed to the seller, and their infectious demands.

Secondly, there remains the possibility that I will pick up the virus on my daily commute- packed into standing-room-only trains, and even worse, the Tube. I had pneumonia a few years ago, which has left me with a weak chest. Luckily, my capacious stomach makes up the shortfall, as far a beer and food is concerned, but stomachs can't contribute much to aspiration. I fear that I am impaired in this regard, and would therefore have a higher chance of a detrimental outcome if I caught Covid 19. The simple fact is, if I catch this I am much more likely to die of it than most people.

So precautions are in order. I have to face up to the fact that I might already be incubating the virus, or may be doing so at some stage. Although I would not, at that time, be able to do much to minimise the risks to myself, I could do more to save my nearest and dearest from infection. After all, someone has to Ebay the bikes after I'm gone.

At the first sign of a sniffle, cough or warm feeling I will self-isolate, selflessly, for two weeks, until I can be sure that I am no longer infectious. The safest way would be to leave the family home for that period, and to prevent risks to others, head off alone to a place where there is no risk of infection, but where there are hospitals with the necessary facilities to deal with my condition and needs, keeping myself to myself.

Having thoroughly researched the possibilities, it seems that, so far, the Isle of Man has had no recorded cases, and assuming that this holds true at the beginning of June, that seems to be the safest bet- as said, selflessly considering the needs of others.
I am sure that, for the most part, it would be possible to maintain a two-metre distance between myself and other people, staying isolated in a tent, perhaps on the banks of the exit at Creg-ny-Bar, but close enough to the pub to be able to call for help if my condition worsens, or if, (for medical purposes) I require liquid sustenance.

I'm only thinking of you, and the rest of the world.
I might also have to stockpile headache remedies and some crisps; but upon reflection, that seems to be enough for now.

Should the situation worsen, I will move to Stage 2, where additional drugs and stronger alcohol are needed- simply applying alcohol to one's hands in not enough- it will need to be applied internally, too.

I fear the worst.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Re: Covid 19 virus

Post by MacV2 »

Well Moto GP round 1 in Qatar has been cancelled... viewtopic.php?p=481260#p481260 ... & in other news after 3 visits to the crapper this morning before leaving for work, I turned round & came home after 5 miles or so for round 4... Luckily the PC isn't too far from the bog...

:Toilet1:

:thumbsdown:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iv already confined myself to the mancave to save my family the sight of me dying a horrible slow death :D
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Intresting stats from Jim.

http://82.221.129.208/.vq7.html
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Varastorm wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:41 am Intresting stats from Jim.

Yeah that looked good until you get to the bit about a jewish conspiracy & Prince charlie wanting the name changed...

That brings the whole page into the nonsense league as is most of the shite out there on the WWW. :lol:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

MacV2 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:50 am
Varastorm wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:41 am Intresting stats from Jim.

Yeah that looked good until you get to the bit about a jewish conspiracy & Prince charlie wanting the name changed...

That brings the whole page into the nonsense league as is most of the shite out there on the WWW. :lol:
If only CyberCarl was still around, he'd have my back :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair, they've been peddling this "terror" for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT_suK_AivQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's getting nearer, a case has emerged in Maidstone, just the other side of the nearest biker caff at the Oakdene.

I'm beginning to regret paying in advance for this year's forum meets......

Can the curtain bit underneath your crash hat chin bar do the same job as a face mask?

Might sprinkle it with dettol to be sure.

Still, look on the bright side!
Erm......
Um ............
Well.....
Ah.

Here's one: no point in having sober days midweek, as I might not live to see the benefit, so it's a little tipple every night after work for me.
Hurrah!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's getting nearer, a case has emerged in Maidstone, just the other side of the nearest biker caff at the Oakdene.

I'm beginning to regret paying in advance for this year's forum meets......

Can the curtain bit underneath your crash hat chin bar do the same job as a face mask?

Might sprinkle it with dettol to be sure.

Erm......
Um ............
Well.....
Ah.

Here's one: no point in having sober days midweek, as I might not live to see the benefit, so it's a little tipple every night after work for me.
Hurrah!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

One of the first signs of exposure is repeating yourself, evidently!!!!
:lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

tony.mon wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:49 pm
Erm......
Um ............
Well.....
Ah.
Less Chinese anodised shock horror stuff on fleabay...

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Kev L wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:00 pm One of the first signs of exposure is repeating yourself, evidently!!!!
I'll leave them both there, otherwise your witty riposte will look a bit odd.
You owe me one.... :P
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

tony.mon wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:45 pm
Kev L wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:00 pm One of the first signs of exposure is repeating yourself, evidently!!!!
I'll leave them both there, otherwise your witty riposte will look a bit odd.
You owe me one.... :P
That’s awfully sporting of you old chap. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

There's one at Mount Vernon Hospital also.Only 1 mile from where I live.🤞🤞
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:56 am There's one at Mount Vernon Hospital also.Only 1 mile from where I live.🤞🤞

8O it's the old & frail most at risk Alan...you take care now... :lol: :lol:
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

I'm not saying it's not potentially serious but remember that thousands of us old folk die of flu every year.... Between 2 and 7 thousand in a bad year. Had me flu jab😁.