Covid 19 virus

General Biker Banter
Wicky

Re: Covid 19 virus

Post by Wicky »

freeridenick wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:17 pm So US oil prices are now negative per barrel - buyers literally being paid to take the stuff away as there's no more storage. So is this the end of the world as we know it: the American economy collapses; India, Africa and other major manufacturers for the West collapse; China and other Asian manufacturering collapses then the banks? Or are folks optimistic that the powers that be can't cope with that and will do everything they can to prevent it?

"Asked about the delayed shipment of healthcare PPE from Turkey, the Department for Health and Social Care referred queries to the Foreign Office, which was contacted for comment. Eventually Culture secretary Oliver Dowden said he was hopeful the shipment would still arrive when it arrives..."

With this as a recent practical example of getting kit to frontline workers I wouldn't hold up much hope from our political leadership, with most of the rich and powerful bunkered down in their mansions.

https://theconversation.com/how-the-ric ... mic-135925

3 - 6 - 9+ months and things get interesting with an economic depression as folk struggle to pay back debts accumulated during lockdown if lucky to have a job at the end of this and that's after decade or so of austerity, plus we still have a conclusion to Brexit to look forward to at the end of the year - with most of our hopes based on trading with US and other countries (similarly effected) - US looking, if they hang on to Trump, going ever more isolationalist.

Plague and 1918/19 pandemic lead to better oppportunities as a big proportion of working age folk were taken out so those surviving were in demand and better rewarded but not in this case with virus mainly taking out mainly elderly and vulnerable younger ages.

Hopefully economies can keep ticking over till a safe vaccine becomes commonly available and we can begin to pick up like post WW2.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

And as for Sadiq Khan(t) calling for everybody to wear a face mask.Where will they come from when the NHS haven't enough to go round? I think it's a case of mouth engaging before the brain.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:47 am And as for Sadiq Khan(t) calling for everybody to wear a face mask.Where will they come from when the NHS haven't enough to go round? I think it's a case of mouth engaging before the brain.
With a mask on, you can't see any evidence of his mouth working, either.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:45 am
alanfjones1411 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:47 am And as for Sadiq Khan(t) calling for everybody to wear a face mask.Where will they come from when the NHS haven't enough to go round? I think it's a case of mouth engaging before the brain.
With a mask on, you can't see any evidence of his mouth working, either.
The blokes a :Richard: & we all thought Boris was mad when he was Mayor... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

What's going to be interesting in the next few months?
Television.

In the real world, most people on the streets will be wearing face masks or scarves.
But in all of the programs made up until the beginning of this year, no-one will be wearing masks. (Except the masked singer program, but as no-one watches that, it doesn't count).

From now on, though, lots of the actors will be wearing masks, and this will make it very difficult to work out who's speaking.
And it will be just as difficult for actors, trying to convey their persona with only their eyes showing.

It's a funny old world, where only a few months ago many people were objecting to burka-wearing people, because you couldn't see their faces. The police were objecting that they couldn't identify hoodie-wearing criminals.

Muslim women and muggers seem unlikely to catch it........maybe it's not the meek that will inherit after all.
And bikers, as we all have a good supply of freebie necktubes given away with magazines.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Two weeks after my last post re work & the rota...

Dateline day 35 of lockdown...Mission rodoent distruction....

Is...

Well Monday was the start of my week on the rota...

...has been really quiet, No work on Monday, none today & I got a txt earlier that theres nowt on tomorrow...

The guv is probably holding what work there is for either thurs or friday...

Strangely I'd like to go to work as it's an excuse to get the bike out... :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

And you might be able to run over something on the way 😉
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So my week on call rota has come crashing down with the news that I may have some work at last...Only on Friday tho... :lol:

Just as well as the weather has been pants this week but maybe warming up by Fri...

Of course that means Storming into work...shame init... :lol: :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Meanwhile, in conspiracy corner, I note that the swab testing of the whole community looks likely to be made possible.
That could mean a nice easy DNA collection process for most of the first world's population, and I wonder how long before that info is leaked to insurance companies, as well as the police?

Send any big brother branded tinfoil hats to me, would you, c/o "paranoid of Sevenoaks"

It also occurred to me that branded face masks given away free with an advertising logo on wouldn't be a bad marketing idea....you heard it here first, folks.......
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Did you hear about the nationwide clap tomorrow for Amazon and other Key Worker Delivery Drivers?

“It will be tomorrow some time between 8:00am and 19:00pm”...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Love the video clip doing the rounds on Social Media of the yank girl wearing a face mask with a hole cut around the nose so she "can breath freely", WTF :D
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So This coming Thursday the next lockdown reveiw is due...

Now depending on what Boris & co come up with this time...

So will RamStorm 2020 be on or not ? Sat 9th May...

viewtopic.php?p=482626#p482626

When the lock down is finaly lifted lets have a clap for all those 'Sesonal' riders who havent been out since September...

Shares in fairing repair companies are gonna sky rocket... :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:17 am
Shares in fairing repair companies are gonna sky rocket... :lol:
Shares in sky rocket companies are fairing well, too
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

This social distancing is saving me a fortune in deodorant and haircuts!

It's doing my head in though.
I got bored and decided to paint the front door.
NINE COATS LATER I'm still painting the front door.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:15 pm This social distancing is saving me a fortune in deodorant and haircuts!

It's doing my head in though.
I got bored and decided to paint the front door.
NINE COATS LATER I'm still painting the front door.
From now on you will be known as Joseph & his varnish*of many dreamcoats.

* Thats assuming you have revarnished it & not gone with a natty colour option...