Non bike: brake lines?

General Biker Banter
grumpyfrog

Non bike: brake lines?

Post by grumpyfrog »

Random question:
I have a Vito that failed MOT as brake lines are corroded, but not full route. Does anyone know wheres best to get new sections made up?
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Kev L

Re: Non bike: brake lines?

Post by Kev L »

Are you sure it needs them? I had the same fail a number of years ago on a Vauxhall Cavalier Estate. It failed at one MoT station, but a friend of mine gave me the heads up that this was a well known ‘trick’ of the garage. Evidently the MoT manual gives the tester discretion to assess whether the brake lines are corroded, but doesn’t require any removal of detritus which has gathered on the lines. I went to another tester, told him the tale and he stuck it on his ramp and ran a screwdriver along them. All the mud came off and the lines weren’t corroded. This was a good few years ago but might be worth considering.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

What Kev says could be true. Do you know the tester, regular customer? Lots of online places can supply at good prices Autodoc etc.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Cheers lads,
I'll get under her and have a look.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time