post covid rides?

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

post covid rides?

Post by fabiostar »

who has been out, we got let out of the cage this week, we are allowed to travel and meet up with a few people outside our own household :thumbup: .
so the last two days iv taken my chance to get out,

so me and the wee lady went for an icecream for her birthday on the ape. :clap:

i also fitted a new rear trye, fiddled with suspension buttons on the new blue one, transformed the bike and its going great and super comfy with the bars fitted

and today took myself away on dori, empty dry sticky coast road, :thumbup: :thumbup: was just nice to get out

takes a bit of getting the old body back into bike fit shape. one gives me a sore ass, one gives me sore everything and surprised that the new blue one is actually by far the most comfy :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Re: post covid rides?

Post by MacV2 »

Been riding mine to work now & then, bit of shopping as well & last week I didn't meet with the Mons for a ride around Kent... 160 + miles I was ferked when I got back... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Looking good lad, if your board you can come over to mine and do all the work on my 2 as I just cant find the time.
Suspension set up, flatbars to fit, and generally use them.
Please.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Didn't get far on mine. Managed to pick up a puncture within 20minutes.
Plugged it at the side of the road, rode for another twenty minutes and it had gone down again! The sticky worm type pluge had worked it's way back out!!! Replugged it again and went home :(
Epic fail
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

Just pumped up the tires and went for first quick ride since March. Realised half way that the reason my hands were cooking was that my heated grips were on from last time I rode doh!
Feeling a whole lot more human now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Went to Hastings and on to Rye yesterday nice run out not to much traffic. ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

What a great thread fabiostar :clap:

And nice pics everyone :thumbup:

I went for a ride on the backroads today with a mate on a ZX9R. We have been riding together for a couple of hundred years - more or less - and our stories from the good old days seem to get better and better :roll: :lol:

Bad choices make good stories :D
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yep, and the lap times and elapsed quarters get shorter about a second every ten years...

Well, you can get away with it; there's less witnesses of the original deed left to call you a liar.

And if they do, it's dementia settling in!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Did a bit of a trip out from Gloucester to almost Hay on Wye, then to Hereford, Ledbury and home.
Don't think my mate, on his SuperDuke, was to impressed with some of the goat tracks, his words, we took 😂😂😂