Honda vtr1000 firestorm mpg?

General Biker Banter
Webutt

Honda vtr1000 firestorm mpg?

Post by Webutt »

Ive been looking at these as they seem good value ,does anyone have any experiences with them,good or bad?.Just looked at the review on the mcn site and it says 19mpg!!!that cant be right can it?if so im staying clear.
Wicky

Re: Honda vtr1000 firestorm mpg?

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

19mpg hahahaha

They must of been ragging it senseless :lol: :lol:

Throtle goes both ways...

On a good run I've see 40mpg

Tank range is all dependant on how hard you ride TBH... Same on any bike ride it hard & your MPG will drop.

Early bikes have a smaller tank 16lrts I went out on mine today the fule warning light came on at 107mls... Ive seen it come on at over 120 in the past... Filled it up it took 13.52 ltrs so I should have 2.5 ish ltrs left...

19mpg nah no way...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Pentode

Post by Pentode »

I don't consider myself to be a particularly slow rider but I keep off the brakes and keep my speed up - last 'brim to brim' showed a gnat's under 40mpg.
Insufferable halfwit.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

On track you'd love to see 19 mpg.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

30 to 40 mpg is the normal for them.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Yep, around 30 -40 for me too.

Not as economical as inline fours, but (for me) a much better and useable power delivery and a real 'fun' bike.
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

I have to say that the fuel issue is really a non issue for me as this is really only a toy, and in reality very few miles traveled
If I was using it for work maybe a different thing. But as for bang for buck and fun per mile they can't be beaten
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Richard wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:53 pm I have to say that the fuel issue is really a non issue for me as this is really only a toy, and in reality very few miles traveled
If I was using it for work maybe a different thing. But as for bang for buck and fun per mile they can't be beaten
Yep. Well said.

On that point though, do you use premium or standard fuel? Personal preference I guess, but I prefer to pay for the 'cleaner' fuel. Not sure whether the added octane rating makes much performance difference, but in my Blades, I definitely get an extra 10 - 15 miles per tank. (I don't mean to derail thread; it is part-relevant! :) )
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

nigelrb wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:06 pm
On that point though, do you use premium or standard fuel? Personal preference I guess, but I prefer to pay for the 'cleaner' fuel. Not sure whether the added octane rating makes much performance difference, but in my Blades, I definitely get an extra 10 - 15 miles per tank. (I don't mean to derail thread; it is part-relevant! :) )
Can't say I notice much myself if I happen to be passing a shell garage it's the premium stuff if not it's just supermarket special. My main consideration is just getting filled up when that light comes on.
I now have a top box fitted, all style out the window, but a 5 litre can fits. I may consider carrying some when in unchartered waters as such