Sneaky conniving government bar steward spy

General Biker Banter
Duffy1964

Re: Sneaky conniving government bar steward spy

Post by Duffy1964 »

Wicky wrote:Hasn't appeared on my iPhone - probably as my iOS lags behind the latest as I have an older iPhone.

I've no intention of installing the govt developed app when it becomes available as I deem the govt's adminstration untrustworthy whatever they claim. Esp with Dominic Cummings and his prior dodgy use of Cambridge Anylytica big data.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53120290

A Covid-19 tracing software tool has appeared in the settings of both Android phones and iPhones as part of an update of their operating systems.

The "exposure notification" tool is switched off by default, and is not a tracing app itself.

It enables an app to run in the background while still using Bluetooth.

This lets the app measure the distance between two handsets - and then alert the phone owner if someone near them later tests positive for Covid-19.

In the UK there is currently no available contact-tracing app.

The update has caused some confusion, with people querying the new addition to their handsets on social media.

"This is not a new app but is an extra element added to the phones' operating systems to enable approved developers to build apps that can potentially warn of proximity to infected individuals," said computer scientist Prof Alan Woodward, of Surrey University.

"Only apps approved by Google and Apple will be included in their app stores where they try to make use of this facility."

On iPhones it's found in the settings app, via the privacy menu and then health sub-section. On Android phones it's in the Google (services and preferences) section of the settings menu.

It does not work with the popular Covid Symptom Study app, which has been downloaded more than 3m times.

A team of NHS developers had built a contact-tracing app and trialled it on the Isle of Wight but the UK government is now planning to incorporate software developed by Apple and Google.

This tool is part of that collaboration between the tech giants.

It enables handsets to exchange data and alert people if they have been near someone who is found to have coronavirus.

However that data is not stored anywhere centrally - which was what the UK initially wanted to do.
Wicky it updates on iPhone 7 onwards but not on iPhone 6 and below as far as I’m aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
freeridenick

Re: Sneaky conniving government bar steward spy

Post by freeridenick »

Penultimate frame!

What's the deal with the coronavirus tracing app? Cassandra the Information Technology Wobbegong explains

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... g-explains