Sneaky conniving government bar steward spy

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Sneaky conniving government bar steward spy

Post by tony.mon »

So Google have installed a spying device on my phone- and probably yours, too.
It's disguised as a covid-19 track and trace program, and swaps info about your proximity to nearby phones which can then report for tracing purposes.
I wonder how soon the government will use this to control and prosecute?
If, for instance, anyone at a demo or "illegal gathering" can be traced and identified?
Have a look in settings/Google.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
alanfjones1411

Re: Sneaky conniving government bar steward spy

Post by alanfjones1411 »

It's on mine too.If you have android phone go settings then google settings.There it is.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

And mine
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

If you have an iPhone.Settings,privacy and then health.I think.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

And mine.

This is so friggin' wrong when a company arbitrarily bombards us with unwanted 'features that will help us'. Of course most of us know about the now defunct government 'track and trace' but this by Google is just out of order. Mine was turned off, but that that necessarily mean that Google is not extracting more info from us?

NO WAY!!
Rhughes945

Post by Rhughes945 »

Just want to point out that this is just the underlying subsystems that will allow an app to work, so unless you've got an app installed it does nothing.

The government app has failed because its incompatibility, and it rips all your contacts and contact info for whatever use they see fit.

I for one will not be installing any of these apps, and will continue to use common sense while around the general public.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Rhughes945 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:49 pm
I for one will not be installing any of these apps, and will continue to use common sense while around the general public.
Not knowingly, perhaps.........

Do you think they will delete it from phones after it's no longer needed to track and trace covid?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Update on the iPhone has also added it without mentioning it in the update information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

same here .... I disabled it! thanks for the heads up
AMcQ
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Duffy1964 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:25 pm Update on the iPhone has also added it without mentioning it in the update information.
If you can afford an iPhone, you probably wouldn't be reading the info anyway!! :lol:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

It an older model as I’m too tight to buy a new one it was my sister’s old one after her upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
VTRsquid

Post by VTRsquid »

Is this an app you downloaded or just a sneak move?
Here in aus they want everyone to voluntarily download a covid safe app. Its a good idea for contact tracing but i opt not to as i dont trust the gov for sh1t with what they are doing to privacy laws and raiding journalists etc.
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

VTRsquid wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:31 am Is this an app you downloaded or just a sneak move?
None of us downloaded it. As stated by Tony in the first post, it just appeared. Was probably installed with the regular 'updates'.

Agree with you about not 'voluntarily' using this spyware. It's a false reading anyway. You can only be 'safe' from those registered with the app!! You could have a person with no phone cough on you and get Covid-19, herpes, HIV and maybe friggin' scurvy and you'd never know! :thumbup:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Rhughes945 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:49 pm Just want to point out that this is just the underlying subsystems that will allow an app to work, so unless you've got an app installed it does nothing.

The government app has failed because its incompatibility, and it rips all your contacts and contact info for whatever use they see fit.

Please see above (applicable to Android, not sure about Apple). Unless you install the app the only thing you will get is notifications. All the same I'm not very happy with it.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Hasn't appeared on my iPhone - probably as my iOS lags behind the latest as I have an older iPhone.

I've no intention of installing the govt developed app when it becomes available as I deem the govt's adminstration untrustworthy whatever they claim. Esp with Dominic Cummings and his prior dodgy use of Cambridge Anylytica big data.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53120290

A Covid-19 tracing software tool has appeared in the settings of both Android phones and iPhones as part of an update of their operating systems.

The "exposure notification" tool is switched off by default, and is not a tracing app itself.

It enables an app to run in the background while still using Bluetooth.

This lets the app measure the distance between two handsets - and then alert the phone owner if someone near them later tests positive for Covid-19.

In the UK there is currently no available contact-tracing app.

The update has caused some confusion, with people querying the new addition to their handsets on social media.

"This is not a new app but is an extra element added to the phones' operating systems to enable approved developers to build apps that can potentially warn of proximity to infected individuals," said computer scientist Prof Alan Woodward, of Surrey University.

"Only apps approved by Google and Apple will be included in their app stores where they try to make use of this facility."

On iPhones it's found in the settings app, via the privacy menu and then health sub-section. On Android phones it's in the Google (services and preferences) section of the settings menu.

It does not work with the popular Covid Symptom Study app, which has been downloaded more than 3m times.

A team of NHS developers had built a contact-tracing app and trialled it on the Isle of Wight but the UK government is now planning to incorporate software developed by Apple and Google.

This tool is part of that collaboration between the tech giants.

It enables handsets to exchange data and alert people if they have been near someone who is found to have coronavirus.

However that data is not stored anywhere centrally - which was what the UK initially wanted to do.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts