Happy Birthday - 25th anniversary of the 'storm

General Biker Banter
smondo

Happy Birthday - 25th anniversary of the 'storm

Post by smondo »

Hello from sunny Heacham, this anniversary is looming, has anyone got plans of a meeting to celebrate it?
Looking through old cuttings from my scrapbook, the first picture of a 'storm (as we know them), that I have is in MCN dated October 1996, so that gives us just over a year to sort something out. Any takers?
Wicky

Re: Happy Birthday - 25th anniversary of the 'storm

Post by Wicky »

We're still recovering from the 20th Anniversary meet 8)

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/c ... wners-meet
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

I'm no organiser, but I'd attend. Would have to hide my bike in the rear of the group cos there's some very class machines making the grade at the 20th!
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

Would like to drop by and say hello, but I'm afraid my ageing frame would give up halfway to The Hague :(
Pity the direct ferry across the pond is shut down :thumbdown:
Bad choices make good stories :D
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Wicky wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:40 pm We're still recovering from the 20th Anniversary meet 8)

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/c ... wners-meet
I would like to clarify the events of that first meeting... Yes I did Say that but then I laughed & did move. Then got chating to Simon basicaly taking the piss out of Marty's bike as you do & all was well.

I didn't actually organise the event Stormy Rob did but he moved back to NI with his job, so he asked me to do the final bits & bobs like aranging things with Simon & the bods at the NMCM...

It was a good day.

As predicted despite a lot of intrest on the various Storm FB page's not a single fighturd (ruined) Storm turned up... :lol:

Lot more pic's can be found here... https://www.facebook.com/groups/1083998 ... =bookmarks

Be warned I'm the mod for the page ! Still get the odd request to join but thay tend to get refused... :lol:

More pics here... viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40712
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

smondo wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:42 am Hello from sunny Heacham, this anniversary is looming, has anyone got plans of a meeting to celebrate it?
Looking through old cuttings from my scrapbook, the first picture of a 'storm (as we know them), that I have is in MCN dated October 1996, so that gives us just over a year to sort something out. Any takers?
The genaral consensus is that the First UK bikes were '97 not '96 so the 20th meet up was 2017 , therefore the 25th will be 2022.

So you have 2 years to sort it out...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Only another 18 years till they become tax exempt I'll be 79 then if I live that long 🤣
Better get some in NOW, just in case 🥳🥳
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Richard wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:38 pm Only another 18 years till they become tax exempt I'll be 79 then if I live that long 🤣
Better get some in NOW, just in case 🥳🥳
I'm already preparing. Working on a V-twin mobility scooter. :lol:
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

My Mum, in the end had a Scooter, she expected it to be an ATV, but it wasn't! What used to get her riled was my two boys would climb on and immediately put it into Hare mode and not tell her!!