Toothache

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Toothache

Post by tony.mon »

Woke up Thursday morning with an infected gum, throbs like the proverbial.
I don't go to the dentist, last visit was about 20 years ago, so I've been deregistered.
GP refuses to do anything, as it's "dental".
The emergency dental service has had no telephone consultation appointments for days, so I'm fixing it myself, by getting the pus out and then rinsing with industrial-grade gingivitis Listerine.

However; it means I had to ride to the supermarket today to buy more, and before that I needed to get petrol, so managed a little ride out, so that seemed like compensation to me!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
haynesjones66

Re: Toothache

Post by haynesjones66 »

i had seriously bad toothache some time ago which developed into an abscess. not only was it painful, but there were some odd side effects. every time i broke wind, it sounded like someone saying 'honda'. went to my GP and i asked him about the side effect. he said 'oh, that's simple',

'abscess makes the fart go honda'.

sorry, i'll get my coat
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

haynesjones66 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:25 pm i had seriously bad toothache some time ago which developed into an abscess. not only was it painful, but there were some odd side effects. every time i broke wind, it sounded like someone saying 'honda'. went to my GP and i asked him about the side effect. he said 'oh, that's simple',

'abscess makes the fart go honda'.

sorry, i'll get my coat
:D :D

iv suffered those things for years :redface the pain can get a tad much. in the end to solve it i now take half my teeth out at night and pop them in a glass, fook that sh1t.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I am considering pliers, but suspect that I, too may only take out half my teeth.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

tony.mon wrote:I am considering pliers, but suspect that I, too may only take out half my teeth.
You could try Chaka Demus for the half and tease them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

not much sympathy going on here :mrgreen:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

haynesjones66 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:13 am not much sympathy going on here :mrgreen:
No but then he hasnt been to a dentist in 20 years so who's to blame here ?

The dentist ? The tooth ? Or Tony ?

On the subject of teeth...Theres a prog on BBC1 in the late PM called the bidding room. I have only seen it in passing, it's not something I watch as a rule. Anyway the premis is Joe Public turn up with an item they think is worth 1000's only to be told but an expert it's only worth £30 at most on a good day if the winds in the right direction. Then they have to show it to a panel of 5 dealers who bid on it if they want to buy it...

Back to teeth...

One of the dealers is a black woman who has the most incredible set of railings with a mahoosive overbite, this side of Dr Teeth the keyboard wisard of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem... :biggrin :biggrin

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Hi Tony, Best get yourself down to A&E most hospitals have a dental, you may need antibiotics, as an abscess is the bodies way of showing you somethings wrong, it may be just a bad tooth but it could be a something that pliers and listerine will. Not cure.
So go mate.....because you’re worth it ...regards Christ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

ChrisC wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:11 pm Hi Tony, Best get yourself down to A&E most hospitals have a dental, you may need antibiotics, as an abscess is the bodies way of showing you somethings wrong, it may be just a bad tooth but it could be a something that pliers and listerine will. Not cure.
So go mate.....because you’re worth it ...regards Christ
Look out Tony the son of God is telling you to go to A&E, next thing you know you'll have a plauge of Locust to deal with...

regards Beelzebub
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Nah, sorted it now, just put up with the pain and kept poking my gum until pus came out, industrial strength mouthwash has done the rest.
Sorted now, just on a soft diet for the rest of my life.

No need for dentists.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Ouch! Just seen this

Yes I would sought emergency treatment - Recommend paracetamol and take the max dosage per day till you can get treatment, and soft diet.

Infection if left untreated can also eat away at jaw bone and get into bloodstream

Funnily during last lockdown I cracked a rear molar and it took a couple of weeks even after dentists reopened to get it properly looked at - £1000s quoted for root canal refurb (odd as they told me the tooth was dead anyway! - but the pain was telling me a different story) or £40 to have it yanked. I went for the Happy Shopper treatment and ahhhhh! instant relief.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

It’s a typo Mac ,just a typo, I’m not really the son of God , but don’t tell anyone else .....I get some amazing birthday presents at Christmas :thumbup: