50 posts for Classified?

General Biker Banter
misnblu

50 posts for Classified?

Post by misnblu »

Just a bit of a rant about the rules of having to have 50 posts to be able to buy or sell anything in the Classified section.

Some of us don't post a lot and do more reading than posting so it seems to be a bit of punishment because we aren't post whores. :cry: :?
I've already seen a few things come up I was interested in and can't reply or do squat until the post count comes up.
Any exception to the rules here? :problem:

I'm in the middle of restoring and modifying my '98 Storm/ Hawk and will/ am looking for some parts that may come along that I could use for the build or even have for spare.
I'm also a member of the SuperHawk forums and have already purchased some items off of their classified section with no problems or strict requirements from the forums.
I've also been and still am on forums since 1999 and going strong albeit the forums are dying due to social media and Facebook which I don't do.

So what's the verdict here about this and can a mod over ride this rule?
Thanks in advance for whatever is resolution is made. :thumbup: 8)
1998 Honda SuperHawk aka FireStorm
https://www.dwn4lif.com
My website 👆
Duffy1964

50 posts for Classified?

Post by Duffy1964 »

I recommended you have 49 more rants, job done

We have all had to do it as early on there were a few scammers and time wasters, the 50 post rule basically means your serious enough to hang around.
It’s easy to post on here with banter and technical questions so fill your boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Duffy1964 on Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
TheBozBoz

Re: 50 posts for Classified?

Post by TheBozBoz »

That explains why I couldn't reply to Macs Rear wheel bobbins for sale post! As a fairly new member who is still doing a lot of reading research and not as much posting I agree 50 posts seems a tad excessive!

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

TheBozBoz wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:04 am That explains why I couldn't reply to Macs Rear wheel bobbins for sale post! As a fairly new member who is still doing a lot of reading research and not as much posting I agree 50 posts seems a tad excessive!

I am guessing you didn't read the new member rules :D

Start a thread on your restoration and your post count will sort its self out
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

FFS it's not hard to do & you don't have to be a 'post whore' to get it done...

Simple maths really just two posts a day just over 3 weeks & jobs a good'un.

+ both of you guys are 20+ post already so it won't take long...

The reason for the rule is that some people in the past, joined up just to go on the sales bit & then feked off. even worse there were some non payment issues or parts prommised that dint turn up.

No the mods cant overule the rule or make exceptions for anyone or else theres no point in having the rule in the first place... If you get a ticket for speeding do you expect the law to 'make an exception' just because your not happy ? :lol: :lol:

Anyway back to post count...Make a start by creating a post about your bike, put some pictures up & as the replys role in telling you... It's the wrong colour, no bins in shot, you need to change CCT's, nice wheels, nice cans, nice rack*...ect ect

Or me ripping 7 shades of shite out of it if it's a ....shudder...fighter... or Teal...
Highway-Sign.jpg

* may only apply if your female...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

fifty posts
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

wont take long,
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

honestly.
TheBozBoz

Post by TheBozBoz »

Some good points made

+1 post count

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

We've had too many people abuse it.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

misnblu wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:29 am
I'm also a member of the SuperHawk forums and have already purchased some items off of their classified section with no problems or strict requirements from the forums.
Just don't say anything bad about EBC brake pads or you'll end up banned like me..... :Banned: :lol:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
misnblu

Post by misnblu »

8541Hawk wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:33 pm
misnblu wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:29 am
Just don't say anything bad about EBC brake pads or you'll end up banned like me..... :Banned: :lol:
:lol: :thumbup:
No can't do that as I like the ebc products.

I'm a truck driver and the time to post well takes time. :wtf:
So it may be some time to get the 50 needed.
At least this forum does have a good crew for posting as the other Hawk/ Storm forums are a bit dead.
Thanks for the big no on less than 50 but I'll make due in time. :beer:
My website 👆
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

You'll get there. Good subjects are which colour is fastest and why, also what oil to burn.

Talking about air filters jetting and airbox mods will get you to 50 in an afternoon!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
misnblu

Post by misnblu »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:56 pm You'll get there. Good subjects are which colour is fastest and why, also what oil to burn.

Talking about air filters jetting and airbox mods will get you to 50 in an afternoon!
I've read pretty much everything on these forums that pertain to maintenance and mods/ performance.

I'm very mechanically inclined so no issues there but when it comes to carbs I get a bit queasy as it's one if those areas I've not had much experience with.

I did buy a paperback factory service manual and this will be my bible while on the truck and getting to know the steed a bit better while I'm on the road.

I'm super excited about this bike and getting it the way I want.
I will be posting a build thread in the 'pimp my ride' section so that should get a few more posts in as well. :lol: :P
Thanks all and see I'm already living the whore life. :biggrin :thumbup:
My website 👆
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

misnblu wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:29 am Just a bit of a rant about the rules of having to have 50 posts to be able to buy or sell anything in the Classified section.

Some of us don't post a lot and do more reading than posting so it seems to be a bit of punishment because we aren't post whores. :cry: :?
I've already seen a few things come up I was interested in and can't reply or do squat until the post count comes up.
Any exception to the rules here? :problem:

I'm in the middle of restoring and modifying my '98 Storm/ Hawk and will/ am looking for some parts that may come along that I could use for the build or even have for spare.
I've also been and still am on forums since 1999 and going strong albeit the forums are dying due to social media and Facebook which I don't do.

So what's the verdict here about this and can a mod over ride this rule?
Thanks in advance for whatever is resolution is made. :thumbup: 8)
As the saying goes "you can't please all the people all the time". If you had lost money sent in good faith for bike parts from some rip-off merchant(s) you may feel a little differently about the forum rules.

This decision of the 50 post count was made by the members of this forum, it was not introduced by the Forum Administrators without consulting the members of this forum first.

The answer to your question is "no" we can't change the rules as and when to suit individual members, as Mac pointed out.

The real problem is when new members first join the forum they don't bother to take the time to read the forum rules, if they did questions like yours wouldn't even arise, but don't worry you're not the first and I'm certain you won't be the last :wink:

Here is the link to the forum rules:- http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 23&t=19054

Number eleven covers Sales etc:-

11. Due to abuse of the Sales and Wants section by some previous new members, it is now mandatory that you have 50 posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum. Anybody trying to get around this by posting sales in the wrong place will have their posts deleted, try it a second time and their account will be deleted automatically. No questions asked. Also, posting trivial posts just to reach the 50 will also result in your account being deleted.

Chris (aka sirch345 Admin).