am i missing something

General Biker Banter
alanfjones1411

am i missing something

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Theres a vtr on ebay that is cat n.It looks to me as if its in great condition.there doesn't appear to be any scratches or dents in it at allit starts and runs and the key is in the ignition,so i dont think it's stolen/recovered.Cat n is no structual damage,i know that insurance could be dearer,but is it worth a bid ?
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Wicky

Re: am i missing something

Post by Wicky »

Depends on what you want to do with it - break it or do it up.

Just a tip over can write a VTR off due to cost / availability of new spares / cosmetic bodywork.

My Storm has been technically written off twice from bodywork damage caused by others numpties and I've bought it off insurance company, fixed it up myself (fixed & painted panels / put a carbondi clutch cover on etc.) and it got back on the road each time with a new MOT to show it's roadworthy.

You say it doesn't look externally damaged - so has it had CCT failure / or seized...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-HONDA-V ... 3782062869

Is it this one as right peg / hanger seems to be broken - which is a relatively easy fix.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

That's the one.I missed that as picture on my phone is small.If I bought it (depending on price it reaches)I would repair and use.It also says it's a runner and I noticed the mccts
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Good to see you’re keeping an eye out Al :thumbup: :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Kev L wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:52 pm Good to see you’re keeping an eye out Al :thumbup: :thumbup:
Always looking for a bargain Kev. 8O
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

I have had Cat C and Cat D before. 2 bikes and a car. Never had a problem with insurance. It can work out well if you don't pay too much