Coming soon to a device near you...

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Coming soon to a device near you...

Post by MacV2 »

The 2020 Covid Affected Forum awards show...

Making this up as I go along so bare with me... :lol:

Firstly we need some awards & then some nominations to go with them...

So here we go...

Best Lockdown project...

The Best FireStorm...

Best Non Firestorm...

Best Forum Meet up...

Operation Storm Highlight 2020...

Least Progress/Most anticipated Project.

Tinkerer of the year...

For the Partner having to put up with the VTR obsessed Forum member.

So we need some nominations , then the polls will go up... Any suggestions for other awards will be considerd.

So copy & paste the above into a new post & add your nominations, I'll collate the data in the next week & put the polls up... I'll run the polls for a couple of weeks & anouce the winners...whenever depending on Covid restrictions & brexit bolacks... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Re: Coming soon to a device near you...

Post by MacV2 »

Best Lockdown project... Er dunno without looking...hahaha

The Best FireStorm... Red 633. Dori the Mori.

Best Non Firestorm... Malcs MT-10. Fabios LC,

Best Forum Meet up... Wales as it was the only one I got to...

Operation Storm Highlight 2020... Ricky (?) in a boat, pond at the bunkhouse...

Least Progress/Most anticipated Project. Mark Gl_rs Project Storm. Popkats Pop up Katana

Tinkerer of the year... Fabio. Duffy. Al McQ.

For the Partner having to put up with the VTR obsessed Forum member. Mrs Mons, Mrs Fabio, Mrs McQ.
Last edited by MacV2 on Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Thanks Mc, I had forgotten the time honoured year end awards... We need something to keep us amused now.

My nominations:

Best Lockdown project... Buzzers ducatis, kevL balance bike, Tony mons Honda sl or was it a tl or xl?, gabi trying to sell his storm.

The Best FireStorm... Kermit, kevL blue one, my yellow wonder. Dori the Mori.

Best Non Firestorm... Tony mons tuono, my KTM adventure, James's husky SuperMoto 700. Fabios LC,

Best Forum Meet up... NI, Scotland & Wales, were all great and all for different reason.
NI was the first time we could escape the covid rules, and the timing was touch and go for a while, so when all the stars aligned it was the best feeling ever..... And chasing James out to Enniskillen (spelling!) his little 700 single Husky vs my 1200 KTM.... Freckling epic childishness. Great to catch up with the regulars, and also meet a few new faces.

Scotland, best roads, great BBQ and having James and now Ricky to play silly buggers with :D

Wales, again perfect timing as the freedom door was just about to close again. The return of a few of the old faces that had disappeared. (Ady, Ziggy, Jonsey, Jamie), racing the super cars on the cannonball run, the bbqs and the fire pit. The accommodation, the snoring....

Operation Storm Highlight 2020...
Ricky (?) in a boat, pond at the bunkhouse,
ziggy re introducing the lets hide the breakfast meat product on Adys bike,
just the fact we got 3 op storms
Racing the cannonball cars
The road round the loch on the NI trip,

Least Progress/Most anticipated Project.
Mark Gl_rs Project Storm.
Flatline ducati

Tinkerer of the year... Fabio. Duffy. Al McQ. Tony Mon, frank

For the Partner having to put up with the VTR obsessed Forum member. Mrs Mons, Mrs Fabio, Mrs McQ.
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Mac, I think your title has confused the children!
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:04 pm Mac, I think your title has confused the children!
:lol: To busy unwrapping new toys...easily distracted... :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The 2020 Covid Affected Forum awards show...

Making this up as I go along so bare with me...

So here we go...

Best Lockdown project... Al Mc KTM shopping trolley :wink: , anything from buzzer :thumbup:

The Best FireStorm... for continued development mik_str & Al Mc

Best Non Firestorm... buzzer’s stable

Best Forum Meet up... can’t comment on this

Operation Storm Highlight 2020... N/a

Least Progress/Most anticipated Project..... to avoid embarrassment let’s just say the usual suspects!!!!

Tinkerer of the year... Fabio, not always in a good way!!!!

For the Partner having to put up with the VTR obsessed Forum member.…any of them who’s partner have petrol/cutting oil/sawdust in their veins.

So we need some nominations , then the polls will go up... Any suggestions for other awards will be considerd.

So copy & paste the above into a new post & add your nominations, I'll collate the data in the next week & put the polls up... I'll run the polls for a couple of weeks & anouce the winners...whenever depending on Covid restrictions & brexit bolacks
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Best Lockdown project... Mr Mons/Mrs Mons SL125s Honda

The Best FireStorm... Dori the Mori, and being bias my Fighter

Best Non Firestorm... Mr Mons Tuono, Fabios LC,

Best Forum Meet up...Unable to comment

Operation Storm Highlight 2020... as above

Least Progress/Most anticipated Project. Mark Gl_rs Project Storm.

Tinkerer of the year... Fabio. Al McQ. Macster

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Greetings.
Beat lockdown project: Mcq's ktm front end swap or the Duke rebuild, obviously not flatties.
Best storm: that irish butt killer, or Macs red one. 2 completely different takes on what a storm can do
Best non storm: irish kennys ktm, not that I'm bias anymore. Rich's triumph as it just should not go so well being so abused or Adys, bag of spanners in a washing machine dry clutch duke.
Best meet: Ireland for being a mix of everything, overtaking unmarked coppers, roadside punctures and exhauste reatachment, just a great Crack with fks 1 only see once a year Wales for the gathering of old faces, great roads, great weather and the tits on the cannonball girls. Best Wales digs yet. Scotland for the best beds, the noise of us setting off, the weather, the empty roads, fab company.
Highlight: kenny overtaking the unmarked coppers and their "just get on with it " expression. Captain seaman in Wales. Cannonball tits.
Least progress. Bazza storm or flatties duke.
Tinker of the year: McQ, Fabio and "i want that one" Mac the salvage hunter
Partner: fabios Mrs. Hiw does she keep up with what he has. Pauline just let's McQ go de grump in the garage.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Best Lockdown project... Buzzer with quality extraordinaire built in and non stop pace

The Best FireStorm... Kev L ,even if it is a slow old blue one it's very tastefully done

Best Non Firestorm... Quite liking Jamoi's BMW

Best Forum Meet up... can’t comment on this I love them all

Operation Storm Highlight 2020... A certain pesky husky trying to over take me and buzzing around like a demented wasp with the biggest grin and dangly foot I've ever seen :lol:

Least Progress/Most anticipated Project..... Bazzer, Phil go sit in a corner, you know you are shoe ins for this :P

Tinkerer of the year... Mc A, he's upped his game this year

For the Partner having to put up with the VTR obsessed Forum member.... Frank, I don't know how he ever gets any peace. MacV must drive him bonkers! 8O

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

As I have been without a bike for 2 years and have not been to any meetings and only going by what I've read the only nominations I can make are
Best non storm.Tonys Tuono
Best tinkerer.Al Mac
Best Firestorm.Macs red633.(That's because it used to be mine and i know what it rides like)
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
popkat

Post by popkat »

Best Lockdown project...

The Best FireStorm... I like Kev L's, even though I have a Yellow I've always thought that shade of blue is nicest and the mods are neat too.

Best Non Firestorm... For me lately my crossrunner, so easy to ride and surprisingly rapid on the road, my eyes have been opened :lol: we don't see many others on here but fabio's LC is nice, my MT is still mental and sane in equal measures, if he still has it Pete L's SP I like too.

Best Forum Meet up... I didn't do any :(

Operation Storm Highlight 2020... see above

Least Progress/Most anticipated Project. I've had a project on the go since 1992, lately I've had thoughts of getting back to my old 1230 popup Katana.

Tinkerer of the year... Duffy

For the Partner having to put up with the VTR obsessed Forum member. My missus for putting up with my general bike obsession which does include the VTR, That's not really a nomination though so I'll say Frank as the work seems to be tireless lately.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Not sure I like the fact that Frank is seen as my Partner... :confused

Maybe a work cohort but deff not in the biblical sense... :lol: :lol:

Good job he's a he (i think). Female spiders have a tendancy to eat the male after a bonk... 8O
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:51 pm The 2020 Covid Affected Forum awards show...

Making this up as I go along so bare with me... :lol:

So here we go...

Best Lockdown project...Als ktm front end

The Best FireStorm...il go of beat and say duffsters fighter

Best Non Firestorm... kevs? i think gt250

Best Forum Meet up... NI casue it was the only one i got to :(

Operation Storm Highlight 2020...watching that lunatic james on the 701 husky

Least Progress/Most anticipated Project. hell flatty

Tinkerer of the year...il admit myself and ma as he has a heard to look after

For the Partner having to put up with the VTR obsessed Forum member.i suppose im guilty as charged

So copy & paste the above into a new post & add your nominations, I'll collate the data in the next week & put the polls up... I'll run the polls for a couple of weeks & anouce the winners...whenever depending on Covid restrictions & brexit bolacks... :lol:

im late to the party as im having serious internet problems atm....thanks virgin ya end of a bell :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Ok, I've had enough :cry:

You've been picking on me for years and I don't like it :( :(

Anyway, I now have the money (wife left 2 years ago) so the Duc is out from under the covers :D

First thing is to get the motor running sweet

This is it, the year it gets finished, well, at least on the road :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

:Beer Popcorn: :Beer Popcorn: :Beer Popcorn: :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF