The 2020 Forum Awards Ceremony....

General Biker Banter
MacV2

The 2020 Forum Awards Ceremony....

Post by MacV2 »

https://freesound.org/people/n2p5/sounds/49477/

Due to Covid regulations sadly this year there is no actual Awards Ceremony, the normal big crowds, red carpet, media whores, papparazzi are all missing but as they are fictitious anyway they wont really be missed...

So this year there were 8 catagories there wer a total of 116 votes cast, which considering there were a lot of 2 vote per person is well frankly a bit crap... Voter apathy I think is the term used...Or you lazy fekers as it's also known.

So without further adoo here are the collated results & the winners of this the latest VTR.Org Forum Awards...

1/ 2020 'The Best Firestorm' Poll... with 31% of the 16 votes cast Mic-Sta & his Carbon Express... Well done Sir, your non-existant prize is not in the post just pop down to the local 5 & Dime, buy a plastic Hockey trophy & carbon wrap it...or something...

2/ 2020 Best Non Storm Poll... We have a draw ! with 25% each of the 16 votes cast Congratulations to Malc Popkat's MT-10 & Fabbio's LC... Well done chaps, your allowed to go shopping so pick up a bottle of Fizz or White Lightning (depending on budget..) & get plasterd...

3/ 2020 Best Storm meet up...Sadly only 3 Operation Storms took place this year, no Workshopdays either... OP NI took the win with 40% of the 15 votes cast...It was a close run thing 6, 5, 4. Lets hope '21 is better on the meet up front.

4/ 2020 The Best Lockdown Project. Runaway Victory for Buzzers Dukes ! 57% of the 16 votes cast...Well done Buzzer, I'm sure you will have no trouble knocking up your own Trophy ...

5/ 2020 Operation Storm Highlight. It's a case of you had to be there... But the winner with 36% of the 11 votes cast the winner is
''Folowing James on his Husky'' Operation NI 2020...I think Fabio summed it up the best with his nomination...''Operation Storm Highlight 2020...watching that lunatic james on the 701 husky''
Well done James...I didn't witness it meself but here's a virtual pat on the back from the Awards team...(Me.)

6/ 2020 The least progress on a project. It's been a strange year for sure but this takes the biscuit...The King is dead Flattie has lost his crown...finaly the new King of the Pull your finger out award with a romping 41% of the 17 votes cast is...Mark Gl-rs & his long awaited Storm Special. Get on with is Shilling & don't take time off to make your own trophy ! Just dig out the Golf Chapionship award you have...

7/ 2020's Tinkerer of the year...Another landslide & a well deseverd 2nd win for Buzzer 40% of the 15 votes cast... Well done Sir your choice is to make a second trophy & just one big one with both wins noted on it...

8/ 2020's Award For the Partner having to put up with the VTR obsessed Forum member. Stand up (again) Mrs Fabiostar...36% of the 11 votes cast & only narowly beating a fictitious well loved Parts Spider by one Vote ! You deserve a bloody medal for putting up with Stumpy Fabio...how do you do it ?

A final special needs award must go to Duffy for despite putting his nominatons in the correct nomination post then went on to add further nominatins, mainly of his own bikes, projects, partner, in the poll posts but when this was pointed out to him did reply with...''Oh well I might win an award for the latest response '' No mate not the latest response just for being a bit slow in general... :lol: :lol:

It's all in good fun. Something to brighten up the dull winter days & lockdown blues.

Bring on a better 2021 & I hope to catch up with some of you in person sometime this year...

Storm on...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Re: The 2020 Forum Awards Ceremony....

Post by Kev L »

Well done on running it fella :thumbup:
Maybe next year could have a ‘most storms laid down for a rest’ category! Wonder who might get that?????
:angel: :angel:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

The winners have been notified by PM other than James & his mental Husky, so if someone would kindly let him know on behalf of the Awards team it would be appriciated...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:32 am Well done on running it fella :thumbup:
Maybe next year could have a ‘most storms laid down for a rest’ category! Wonder who might get that?????
:angel: :angel:
Cheeky Fecker... It should be Storm as its Custurd that keeps getting the abbuse... :lol: :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Wow Mac what a crackin' intro :thumbup: I had no idea you were so musical :lol:

Good man for doing this Mac :clap:
I like your good sense of humour you put into it :D

Congratulations to all the winners :clap:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well done mac for the hard work and piss taking put into the awards :clap: :clap: :clap:

il now sit back with a large cuban and enjoy the hordes of women wanting to throw themselves at me again :lol: :lol: :lol:

well done you bunch of sick vtr perverts one and all :clap: :clap: :clap:

il inform james at work he has to collect his award from the local pound shop to grace his trophy cabinet :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

thanks MAC.

well done to all the winners.

and a poke in the eye for all those that couldnt be bothered to vote!
AMcQ
JSt

Post by JSt »

Fabio has dutifully informed me of the prestigious accolade that has been bestowed upon me by the VTR community. Thanks for organising that Mac. I had a giggle when a read that I’d beaten a sausage. Again. I’m not on the forum much, as I’m a bit of an imposter (not owning a VTR) but always look forward to seeing everyone at the OP Storm meets. The best of company and great roads! To be fair the last option should really have won the award, not my dangly boot. Here’s to a new year of safe fun with everyone.

Oh yes, and the ride around Lough Erne AMQ !!!
I won’t forget that.
popkat

Post by popkat »

Cheers mac for doing the awards :thumbup:

A joint win for the MT10 :D I'll reward her with the finest non matured, non supermarket splash of petrol in the spring to keep her happy and the front wheel going skyward :beer: :beer:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Good job, Mac, well done for sticking to it in the face of apathy.

I'm not sure whether people like choices.
What are your thoughts, folks, do you think they do, or not?

.yes
.no
.not sure
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

JSt wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:22 pm Fabio has dutifully informed me of the prestigious accolade that has been bestowed upon me by the VTR community. Thanks for organising that Mac. I had a giggle when a read that I’d beaten a sausage. Again. I’m not on the forum much, as I’m a bit of an imposter (not owning a VTR) but always look forward to seeing everyone at the OP Storm meets. The best of company and great roads! To be fair the last option should really have won the award, not my dangly boot. Here’s to a new year of safe fun with everyone.

I won’t forget that.
every forum needs a husky rider wrecking the place :lol: :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

JSt wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:22 pm Fabio has dutifully informed me of the prestigious accolade that has been bestowed upon me by the VTR community. Thanks for organising that Mac. I had a giggle when a read that I’d beaten a sausage. Again. I’m not on the forum much, as I’m a bit of an imposter (not owning a VTR) but always look forward to seeing everyone at the OP Storm meets. The best of company and great roads! To be fair the last option should really have won the award, not my dangly boot. Here’s to a new year of safe fun with everyone.

I won’t forget that.
That was the one :)

And to be honest, over 50% of this lot either don't have a Storn, or never ride it, and I could be getting as bad!!!! Most times I grab the KTM keys and walk right past the Storm :( .

I think I took it to Scotland and Wales meetings out of guilt for spending more time on the orange tank.
AMcQ
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

thanks gents :)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
misnblu

Post by misnblu »

Well done to all in your respective catagories. :Beer1:
Maybe one day I too can be placed amongst my peers for good work done on the 'Hawk. :gossip: :Rock2:
1998 Honda SuperHawk aka FireStorm
https://www.dwn4lif.com
My website 👆