Spring Forward...Fall Back...

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Spring Forward...Fall Back...

Post by MacV2 »

Was it just me or did anyone else forget to put the clocks forward ?

Still woke up at 05.00 even tho really it was 06.00...

Didn't cotton on until finaly getting out of the sack about 08.30 which of course was really 09.30... :crazy:

Still it's Sunday so who gives a fek... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
xeris

Re: Spring Forward...Fall Back...

Post by xeris »

I've lived, as an adult child, three geographically different places. Two that didn't change the position of the hands on the clock (Hawaii and Arizona) and one place that did (Alaska). I really don't understand the supposed rational why, as it doesn't do anything useful. Nice not having to go through the change twice a year.
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
MacV2

Re: Spring Forward...Fall Back...

Post by MacV2 »

xeris wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:45 pm I've lived, as an adult child, three geographically different places. Two that didn't change the position of the hands on the clock (Hawaii and Arizona) and one place that did (Alaska). I really don't understand the supposed rational why, as it doesn't do anything useful. Nice not having to go through the change twice a year.
In the UK at least its to give farmers more light in the mornings during winter...Well maybe not just the farmers but it gives you an extra hour a bit lighter...

I leave for work @ 7am & its more or less full sun up this last few weeks, so now the clocks have gone fwd it will be the same light wise but the day is longer...Its 19.30 here now & still light, last night it was just getting dark...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...