Wicky...

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Re: Wicky...

Post by AMCQ46 »

thanks for the update Mac.

if there is an opportunity, and the family are OK, it would be nice to have a procession of bike following the funeral cars, even if we are not able to go into the church die to COVID rules. .. depending on when, I would like to join

Also I will ask who wants to contribute to a floral tribute in the letters VTR.......... there as one a bennys funeral, and I think it is the ideal gesture from all of us here on the VTR Forum
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:51 am thanks for the update Mac.

if there is an opportunity, and the family are OK, it would be nice to have a procession of bike following the funeral cars, even if we are not able to go into the church die to COVID rules. .. depending on when, I would like to join

Also I will ask who wants to contribute to a floral tribute in the letters VTR.......... there as one a bennys funeral, and I think it is the ideal gesture from all of us here on the VTR Forum
Re the the procession, the question has been asked but no answer to that yet.

Jonesey has said he would if possible like to ride Wickys Storm, which is a great idea if at all possible, & if that is the only bike allowed then we should abide by that...

If a ride behind is not welcomed we could all plot up somewhere on route & show our respects that way... Although we might have to fight the Cricket Gang for the best postion...

Re the flowers, fantastic idea however we will have to wait & see re arangments on that one...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Great ideas, I'd like to say my goodbyes too, if possible.
Jamie :wave:
gilson

Post by gilson »

Whenever I search for advice almost always Wicky's posts are there.

More than happy to contribute, just let me know how.

Thanks.
No bike (yet).
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I’de like to attend to show my respects if possible and also contribute to the floral tribute if we’re allowed to.
Just an idea but if it doesn’t tread on the cricket chaps toes would it be worth considering a John Hepburn trophy to be presented in his memory through his old CC?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

I too met him at the 20th anniversary in Birmingham, really nice guy.
R.I.P.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Great tribute ideas chaps. I would like to contribute when the decision has been made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:53 pm I’de like to attend to show my respects if possible and also contribute to the floral tribute if we’re allowed to.
Just an idea but if it doesn’t tread on the cricket chaps toes would it be worth considering a John Hepburn trophy to be presented in his memory through his old CC?
Trophy now thats a fine idea.

I'm sure that someone in the CC would be either on his FB page or find an FB page or website for the club...

I'll do some digging...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So there is a FB page, not much recent activity on it tho... https://www.facebook.com/realoddies

There is also a webpage... https://www.realoddies.co.uk/
masterdave

Post by masterdave »

Haven't been active on here for a long time, and just stumbled across this. Met Wicky way back in 2011/12 a few times, had a great laugh, learned loads, and genuinely enjoyed his company, and went for a couple of rides as well. Will be missed, and am glad the forum members were able to attend and give him a good send off.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yep, he is missed.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:39 pm Yep, he is missed.
Too right, but never forgotten,

Chris.