So, what's the concensus?

General Biker Banter

Do you wave/nod to scooters?

Always. I'm happy to initiate the wave.
34%
I'll wave back if they go first.
34%
Never. They're a joke & shouldn't be allowed on the road.
31%

Total votes: 29

VTRgirl

So, what's the concensus?

Post by VTRgirl »

We're having a major scooter outbreak over here & I presume it's a world-wide epidemic, thanks to the fuel prices and the general yuppie-ism of the whole thing.

Some of them don't seem to be able to look me in the eye, whereas others brazenly wave like a long-lost friend. I'm undecided. I used to wave to anyone not in a car. Heck, even the guy on the ride-on mower got a nod. Now I feel times they are a-changin' & moods are shifting.

Are they trend-chasers with just another accessory?
Are they one of us, just because they're on two wheels?

What's the go?
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Two wheels is two wheels
it may be clever, but its not big.
Max

Post by Max »

RAINMAKER wrote:Two wheels is two wheels
well said sir
Max

Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

sorry, when driven by some spotty oik with shell suit bottoms on, and almost certainly wearing a baseball cap under their helmet

they don't count, two wheels or not
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I hate riding them.
The tenage students I have taught to ride them need to get a brian first and have such a sh1t attitude you know they are going to ride like a prat no matter how much training you try to give them. :evil:
thumper

Post by thumper »

i not only wave to scooters , but anyone who looks in my direction will get a nod , :wink: old fellas in the garden girlies pushing prams even police in cars or bikes :? there are no chips on my sholders , 8)

even scooby drivers who sit at 20 m.ph. making lots o noise and going no where slow :lol:

mmmmmmmm wonder if this will get a reaction :twisted:
just because your breathing doesn't mean your alive
Max

Post by Max »

Here we go, When I was a kid many many many years ago everybody on bikes acknowledged everybody else and all was good with the world. Now there are so many riders who are for example on R1's that won't even wave to anyone who isn't on a crotch rocket, often they won't even wave to them. Biking has become broken up into little cliques and in my opinion it can not do biking any good long term, divide and conquer etc etc.
Last sunday I was fortunate to be in the Picos mountains in Spain, all the locals were out on every type of two wheeled machine you could imagine, every one without exception was waving and when parked up in cafe's talking and chatting. The locals sat at the side of the road wave to bikes as they pass, it was so different to this country.
When biking has been finally squashed out of existance in this country we will only have ourselves to blame :cry:
Sorry rant over

ps if you ever get to take a bike to the picos mountains don't think just do it, good food cheap fuel good roads and excellent coffee
Max

dookie

Post by dookie »

My garage gives you my opinion :wink:
There was a time i used to care
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

dookie wrote:My garage gives you my opinion :wink:
Ah but that is not a twist and go teenage pratt bike is it!
stu9000

Post by stu9000 »

As a teacher I chat to my kids and its a laugh to share the two wheels experience, but theyre just like us, the full range of careful riders in all the right day glo kid (bought by a terrified parent no doubt) to the near suicidal downright dangerous nutter!
red is the fastest colour;)
thumper

Post by thumper »

brilliant i dont think the quote button is working quite right :lol:

funny as fu*k though , nice one karen xxx
just because your breathing doesn't mean your alive
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Jumbo jet pilots don't start on Jumbos do they, maybe they had a scooter.
Which is worse a 'kid' on a scooter having FUN or a grown woman driving fast in a fasst car to scare a kid on a scooter.

but hey we all do it cos its fun, to a kid a scooter is as much as a status symbol as a scooby (chav mobile)

As for R1's etc waving is more risky, likely to loose balance more than on the bikes of old with less radical riding position.

ANYONE ON HERE NOT A KID ONCE ???
it may be clever, but its not big.
gcs

Post by gcs »

I even wave to HARLY riders, specially in the corners :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scooters, pushbikes, HDs, R1s, goldwings, sexy girls, wave to them, make their day. If they dont wave back i dont take it personally, fu#k them anyway. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Had to think twice about the ride on mower tho, but if you do wave to me whilst im mowing my lawn on my mower ill certainly wave back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Craig from the land of the long white cloud. Teal VTR 2001.
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

I'll nod at anyone on two wheel's. :D
It's better now than when i first started on my super fast Vespa 90. 8)
Anytime we saw biker's we would be off like a shot hidding under the nearest bush because it was the local angel's chapter out looking for sport. 8O
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Silver Zip Said
Anytime we saw biker's we would be off like a shot hidding under the nearest bush because it was the local angel's chapter out looking for sport.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I must admit I was never an Angel but in my youth we always used to either ignor or see how close we could wizz past the Mods on their iddy biddy scooters :twisted:
But now if they're proper enthusiasts and not spotty little chav's I'll give em a nod or a wave.

Pete.l