Another vtr virgin from manchester

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Big Stu :!: :D

Cutting out at high rev's then picking up again at lower rev's does sound like a fuel problem to me, rather than an electrical problem, but unfortunately fuel and electrical problems often give very similar symptoms.
How many miles has it done and when was it last serviced, plugs and air filter etc

Chris.
Big Stu

Post by Big Stu »

Hi Chris,
I have only had the bike 2 months and it was serviced before i picked it up. i am problably going to completely numb, but the speedo has a mind of its own and when the fuel reserve light is on and the indicators are used, the reserve light also flashes, could everything be related to the rectifier being knackered.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Big Stu wrote:Hi Chris,
I have only had the bike 2 months and it was serviced before i picked it up. i am problably going to completely numb, but the speedo has a mind of its own and when the fuel reserve light is on and the indicators are used, the reserve light also flashes, could everything be related to the rectifier being knackered.
A good point Stu, best to check the voltage at the battery terminals first with a multi meter if you have one, if not perhaps you can borrow one, check first before starting the engine, should be 12volts, then with the engine running showing charging should be around 14volts and drop back to around 13volts when you switch on the headlight :!:

HTH

Chris.
Big Stu

Post by Big Stu »

Thanks for the advice Chris, I will do the test and post the result.
Stu
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

yay! more Manchester people...

welcome aboard :)
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Big Stu

Post by Big Stu »

Thanks for the welcome fella.
I ve just bought a set of viper cans off ebay i hope they p*""* of the rest of the street. Stu
doggit

Post by doggit »

stu, speaking of viper cans reminds me i must blow dry my hair :lol: :lol: :lol: see ya on thursday for our razz around 8O and we can double the noise level
carl
The most affective way to turn petrol into noise without the side affect of horse power
Big Stu

Post by Big Stu »

which hair mate, coz you only got the two left. The vipers sould great.
maybe a little too loud, see you wed and we are still on for thurs, stu