This document is designed to clarify various responsibilities of community members here at http://www.vtr1000.org. Please read it and become familiar with it as its terms are retrospective and agreed upon by team and group members.
1. When you register for our forums you agree not to use this forum to post any material which is vulgar, defamatory, racist, homophobic, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, or threatening. If you do, you will be issued with a warning (see policing section) or your account will be temporarily suspended or indeed deleted following investigation. You remain solely responsible for the content of any post on this forum.
2. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning (see policing below).
3. Each user is entitled to only ONE user account on this forum. This is to ensure each member's name holds
some credit within the forum area. On occasions for technical reasons it may be necessary for the crew to register additional accounts for members. However if it found that you have registered an additional account willingly without sound reason, be aware it could result in temporary suspension of all your accounts, or indeed deletion. If you have additional accounts please would you contact a member of the admin team and request deactivation immediately.
4. The duties of the vtr1000.org admin and moderator teams are to ensure the smooth running of the forums. The teams have at their discretion a right to moderate any thread that is found to be inappropriate.
5. Members are asked to not act as back seat moderators. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Please use the post report feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself.
6. Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic, racist or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
7. Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
8. Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning.
9. Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "Broken!" etc. Examples of good subjects include; "Clicking noise when trying to start", "Rattle from front of engine", etc.
10. Members are welcome to use the test forum for general "test purposes". These may include checking signatures, testing a link or image, etc.
11. Due to abuse of the Sales and Wants section by some previous new members, it is now mandatory that you have 50 posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum. Anybody trying to get around this by posting sales in the wrong place will have their posts deleted, try it a second time and their account will be deleted automatically. No questions asked. Also, posting trivial posts just to reach the 50 will also result in your account being deleted.
12. The moderating and admin teams reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, pointless etc. as noted in these posts is up to Team Members and not users.
13. The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as below) and/or the revocation of private messaging privileges.
1. vtr1000.org operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place for 2 weeks.
2. Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
3. Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact a member of the admin group. If they feel you were treated badly they will remove the warning.
4. Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban or other moderator action will lead to a permanent ban of your account(s). Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned user name. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email account or other action that can be taken to evade moderator action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account.
5. An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post threatening, insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
And finally, a workshop disclaimer.
Any member following instructions from the workshop section, or indeed any other part of this website does so at their own risk. The forum owner, or staff, will not be held responsible for any damage to machinery or personal injury sustained whilst following any guides or methods practised by members.
If you do post any guides on the forum, make sure you are 100% right, as the consequences of what may happen to a rider if something crucial is missed does not bear thinking about.
If a member spots something written on the forum that could be potentially dangerous, then speak up and let a staff member know about it via PM. If the information IS deemed to be inaccurate, it will be removed immediately without consent of the poster.
Workshop days also have nothing to do with the forum. They are solely the responsibility of the hosting member, and attendees are responsible for their own safety.
These rules and guidelines are NOT final and may be added to, or altered, at any time.
Any racing related stuff
1 post • Page 1 of 1