Moto GP (SPOILER)

Any racing related stuff
sirch345
Site Admin

Moto GP (SPOILER)

Post by sirch345 »

Who thinks that the Moto GP results of the last race have ruined it really with Pedrosa now out of the running for the championship :?:
IMHO for us watching it would have been a better result if Marquez had, had a DNF instead of Pedrosa, that would have closed the gap up somewhat and made it more interesting.

I know it's motorcycle racing and nothing is dead certain until the last race has been run, but surely it's looking like Marquez's championship to lose now,

Chris.
Salty Dog

Re: Moto GP (SPOILER)

Post by Salty Dog »

I was far more disappointed the English Race Comintators as with the Australian ones .... both stated Marquez didn't make contact with Pedrosa.
Even after watching a bunch of slow motion replays!

Seriously, its time these clowns gave up commentary for people that own eyes!
It was obvious at normal speed.

Its no wonder Lorenzo let him pass.
3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Well I guess we'll never know exactly if they did or didn't touch, or if that had anything to do with the rear wheel sensor wiring on Pedrosa's bike. All I can say is you can see Pedrosa's bike twitch as Marquez's bike braked hard and had to leave the track rather than taking Pedrosa out. You can also see black tyre marks on Marquez leathers on the lefthand arm.

Chris.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

You can also see Pedrosa's rear unload and begin to step out the moment the contact happened.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

and if they take the points off Marc,to balance the impact to Dani, then Lorenzo is the big winner.............which isnt fair.

at least in BSB and the Sam Lowes incident, that felt like a fair decision as it zeroed the impact on the championship for the only real contenders

so do we dock the points from Marc and Jorge to make it fair on Dani :lol: ............. then there will be a claim that the organisers are favouring Rossi :D
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Wow sounds like I missed a good race. I have it on DVR so may watch that tonight. What's a DNF?

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:Wow sounds like I missed a good race. I have it on DVR so may watch that tonight. What's a DNF?

(:-})
DNF

Did
Not
Finish

virts problem
Virt

Post by Virt »

Whaaa?

Sent from my GT-I9505, written in ASCII using an even parity bit and spoofing the IP of the White House
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

the job :lol:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Whaaa

Sent from my GT-I9505, written in ASCII using an even parity bit and spoofing the IP of the White House
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
seb421

Post by seb421 »

For me rubbins racing but as you know I'm a Pedrosa fan i was gutted when it happened :(

it was clear to see there was contact but it was nothing we hadn't seen before from Rossi, i don't believe it was deliberate it was just Marquez was overly keen to get past and ran in too hot he did well not to wipe Dani out on the spot

I read on Monday moaning via Motogp website that the rear wheel speed sensor cable had been detached / dislodged in the clash hence Pedrosa spinning it up when he gave it a handful, he said if you expect traction control to be their when you open the gas and its not it spits you off, but if I had known there was no TC i wouldn't have opened it up, its said he's not badly injured and should be good for the next race

i think the championship is marquez but saying that stoner did make a mess of his ankle with an unexpected crash which without he probably would have taken another championship last year so you never know....
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

They showed a video of it on MotoGP.com and the speed sensor wire for the rear wheel was cut in two.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yeah, but now everyone knows how to take him out they'll all be trying it....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
darkember

Post by darkember »

It was a pity but Dani did make his own mistake, Mark was just pressuring him. As it transpired the hard compound was the incorrect choice on Dani's machine & I reckon it would have been a matter of time before Mark would have passed him even had he not binned it.
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

turbo_billy wrote:They showed a video of it on MotoGP.com and the speed sensor wire for the rear wheel was cut in two.
My point exactly! In regards to the commentators poor calling of the incident (and its not just that occasion either, they are making a habit of poor calling)

I too read all the that was MotoGP.com.....

I find it interesting regarding the TC wire? Where is the wire exactly, mounted on the tire... Mmmmmmmm

Rubbing is racing, sure.... But Dive Bombing is another thing altogether.
Its actually being outlawed in other forms of motor sport.

Yep, Marquez is young, full of confidence, no doubt.... But as Stoner said of Rossi a few times, there is racing and then there is dive bombing.
I'm not a Pedrosa fan, or a Lorenzo fan... i'd actually like to see Marquez win MotoGP on his first year in.
But there is a way to go about it....

Perhaps just a late brake and panic moment..... either way, i still can not believe the commentary team said there was no contact... the muppets!

Yes, he did later come out to say there was contact, the next day.

I know its a hard call, and many people say Pedrosa came off from his own doing, but when i watched the footage, the second Marquez contacted Pedrosas rear wheel, you see a black line being layed down as Pedrosa gets on the gas until he highsides.
Whether that be produced by the force of the impact shoving him off line or the TC or both.... It still happened as a result of Marquez's contact the way i see it.

I don't think it was a matter for deducting points, it would probably fall under a racing incident.