Update on my racing

Any racing related stuff
popkat

Update on my racing

Post by popkat »

Well I know what's happening now, sort of.. I met with the guy who owns the bike and sponsored me this year.
The season didn't quite go to plan and only competed at 3 meetings instead of all of them due to circumstances beyond my control (crashes, engine failures) was hoping that like me he'd like to see us really have a go at winning the championship. Unfortunately he has other plans and is putting money and effort into running a classic Endurance team on an RC30, that and he's racing a 350 manx next season himself. He's said that I can race the bike again and that he'll pay to get the bike all prepped and ready to race for next season (engine rebuilt and the bodywork repainted mainly) but I have to cover everything else, that's entries, tyres, fuels etc etc as well as anything else that comes up, I now need to find a sponsor so I can get out there, By my calculations I need to find £4000, a small amount in terms of racing but a fair bit in isolation, it's not something I can afford to cover myself, the £4k will go mainly towards the entries, tyres, other costs i'm looking to cover myself. It not easy finding a sponsor, it has to be someone with an interest or a passion for it, it's not a case of what you know but who you know, if you know what I mean :lol:
So if anyone knows of a potential sponsor to enable me to get out and race next season could you please have a word and let me know if they're interested then I can put something together for them to have an initial read up, then arrange to meet.

Thanks very much in advance for any contacts you might have.

*In an ideal world, I'd love to find a sponsor who'd interested in covering a couple of seasons as there's some rule changes in the pipeline for 2015 that could well allow some of the real proddy race bikes of 1986 to race at last, (liquid cooled four strokes are currently outlawed) as soon as I know the rules are changing I can start getting a bike sorted, I have a plan :lol:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
VTRDark

Re: Update on my racing

Post by VTRDark »

That's put a spanner in the works, or rather not.

I wish you luck finding a Sponser. Your obviously have talent going by your previous results and it would be a shame to let that go to waste.

Before you get too old. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Popkat, there's an article in PB this month, the 360 garage & it's a guy called Paul Owen himself a racer.
He runs a sort of supporters club kind of deal where by people buy a subscription for a year which he uses to race...calls it The 98 Club...his race number.
Seems to do alright out of it. Maybe you could nick the idea...

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
popkat

Post by popkat »

TOO OLD Carl !!!!!, yeah your right :lol:

Got PB through the door yesterday Mac, haven't opened it yet i'll have a read on that see how it works, was thinking of maybe a facebook page but need to work out how it'll work.
If I can't find one main sponsor then I need to look at other options asap.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I also wish you luck in finding a sponsor,

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Good luck with the hunt for a sponsor fella.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Good luck
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Good luck, I hope you get a breakthrough and have an even better season next yr.

you are already doing a great job of networking and marketing the proposal, so thats half the battle. When I tried racing, i ended up doing it all out of my own pocket as it always felt like I was asking people to stump up cash to pay for my hobby, and I wasnt very good at being the salesman
AMcQ