how do you watch MotoGP?

Any racing related stuff
Jscobey

how do you watch MotoGP?

Post by Jscobey »

Here in the states there is only one channel that airs it and the package of channels i have to buy to get the channel that air's MotoGP is wicked expensive.

so i ended up getting the video subscription on MotoGP.com
so far i really like it. gets you alot of extras and behind the scenes footage that you dont see on TV and can only get if you have the online subcription. lots of "tech talk" which i love because im fasinated with what makes those bikes go so darn fast. the video is always beautiful HD and its been well worth it.

Im wondering if any one you guys have the "multi-screen" upgrade to the video subscription where you can choose up to 6 different cameras like on-board cameras, helicopter, ground, etc... to watch all at once during the race. i wanna know if you guys like it and if its worth the extra few bucks.

also im trying to find a way to watch WSBK and BSB if anyone knows any ways to get them online or TV stateside.

Cant wait for Qatar this year. ive been taking bets with some buddies on who will reign champion this year. Marquez sure brought everyone to their knees this past year, but is he a one hit wonder like so many rookies before him? or does he have what it takes to go the distance. especially with his recent leg injury keeping him from starting the season 100%

personally i always love to see hondas win and i would love it if Pedrosa could finally get the crown. hes worked so damn hard and had some rotten luck. but in the end the king will wear the crown.

ON WITH THE RACINGGGGG!!!! :Beer Popcorn:
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: how do you watch MotoGP?

Post by Pete.L »

Umm!
Multi screen upgrade sounds good :thumbup: I'd like to try that. We have several different ways of getting it here but most of it has been taken over by a company called BT. This means other suppliers have to pay them to be able to show it which also means it's not cheep for us either.
Fortunately I get it as part of my cable package so I'm not so bad. I've only ever used the TiVo box, so all I can do is pause tv and watch them frame by frame in glorious Hd :shh: don't think I would ever finish watching a race if I had six screens to watch at the same time too

Pete
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I have as Pete mentions BT (British telecom) for my broadband and they have the contract for the next 5yrs for Moto GP, so I get the sport for free. I'm still struggling to find a free source for WSB and BSB's, although in the past BSB's you have usually been able to see sometime after the races have been run, not sure it's that will be the same this year yet. It looks like WSB's well be shown in that way this year for us here in the UK, see link:-
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32678

As for Marquez, I think he'll be the guy to beat this year, providing he doesn't put himself out through injury. He had one or two big off's last season and was lucky to have not injured himself more than he did. This year though he will be more experienced with having one season under his belt, and he's one of these clever guy's who learn fast from their mistakes, although he doesn't make that many. I don't think the injury he is suffering now will make a huge difference, providing he can get his fitness back up for the start of this season.

Not long now, really looking forward to it :thumbup:

Chris.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

What has Cal Cruthlow talking about with his Duke in another class? iam still not to sure about Edwards bike last year and now Cruthlows in a different class. aim bloody confused, so can somebody enlighten me please?
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

bigtwinthing wrote:What has Cal Cruthlow talking about with his Duke in another class? iam still not to sure about Edwards bike last year and now Cruthlows in a different class. aim bloody confused, so can somebody enlighten me please?
I'm not surprised you're confused, as it's not exactly straightforward. Last season we basically had three different categories in Moto GP which was to me fairly straightforward. Although I didn't agree with it or like it, it was done to bring the numbers up. This year sounds more complicated. To me it's all about taking advantage of the rules available, ones that will work better for Ducati at this stage, Honda of course possibly being the best right now are not to happy with it all:-

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/201145 ... inues.html

Chris.
V-TWIT

Post by V-TWIT »

ITV4 showing highlights of Motogp if u havnt got access to BT sport.(UK)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

sirch345 wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:What has Cal Cruthlow talking about with his Duke in another class? iam still not to sure about Edwards bike last year and now Cruthlows in a different class. aim bloody confused, so can somebody enlighten me please?
I'm not surprised you're confused, as it's not exactly straightforward. Last season we basically had three different categories in Moto GP which was to me fairly straightforward. Although I didn't agree with it or like it, it was done to bring the numbers up. This year sounds more complicated. To me it's all about taking advantage of the rules available, ones that will work better for Ducati at this stage, Honda of course possibly being the best right now are not to happy with it all:-

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/201145 ... inues.html

Chris.
Cheers that makes sense!!! ( first time ever) remember the old days when you twisted the throttle and the one that went back the farthest usually won!!! I still think Cal will only have a few podiums :confused :thumbdown:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The new regs look to favour the Dukes this year. Might level things up a little.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Just been watching a season preview on BT sport 2.

Melanie's looking good !

So for those who cant get BT Sport here's what your gonna be missing...

I expect her to be wearing a bit more when on MotoGP duty.

ITV 4 Monday 24th 20.00hrs for an hour long highlights prog. May not contain traces of Mel... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

i was due to change internet package so I have gone to BT so I can get MotoGP. I then use eurosport internet package to get WSB and BSB
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Kleenex please.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside