My race dates for 2014

Any racing related stuff
popkat

Re: My race dates for 2014

Post by popkat »

Thanks for posting Mac :thumbup:

Was a good weekend, bike was reliable with only a few little things to sort, the gear linkage kept bending lifting the lever up so I missed a few gears, will sort a new one for Lydden.
Was hoping for more competition there weren't too many of the big proddie bikes there, but you got to be in it to win it.
:oops: got beat twice on Saturday by an FZ600, he was going really well and knocked 1 second off the 600 lap record and was way ahead of any other 600, Pembrey suits a good handling bike and the 600 certainly handles a lot better than an old Katana, it was nice to dice though and he was racing in a different class, we were just on track at the same time. Had him on Sunday though :biggrin Lydden could be interesting.

In the Superbike races I really shouldn't be able to win, I was up against upto 150bhp bikes, some purpose built race bikes, mine has about 95bhp, Fastest usually is a Rob North framed Triumph Trident, 3 cylinder 930cc race bike making at a guess something like 105-110hp they're light weight, and handle and stop like a proper race bike should, think an old triumph isn't fast, you need to see this one go. Unfortunately The main man in the class crashed first race and broke a collar bone, then another broke down, I just took advantage of the situation, managed to beat a TZ750 3 times though :D

Got a feeling the 600's could be like a pack of angry bee's around me a Lydden :lol:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s