2nd rider dies in IOM - RIP

Any racing related stuff
AMCQ46

2nd rider dies in IOM - RIP

Post by AMCQ46 »

picking up texts from people at the TT to say that Karl Harris has died in todays races ... its not confirmed on the TT website, but it does say there was an incident on the mountain and the rest of todays schedule has been stopped............. hope its not true, but my sources are pretty good :(

sad times.........thoughts are with his family & friends
AMcQ
lumpyv

Re: 2nd rider dies in IOM - RIP

Post by lumpyv »

agreed rip .
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
budd

Post by budd »

definitely Karl 'Bomber' Harris very sad my thoughts are with his friends and family
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
Watty

Post by Watty »

Sadly its looking like this is true :( . My brother is still out there and he's just told me! Thoughts are with family and friends of all concerned. Rip Karl and the gentleman that lost his life yesterday. Gaz Johnson has also been airlifted to hospital with fractures. Not a great couple of days!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
budd

Post by budd »

I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
darkember

Post by darkember »

Sad day RIP Karl
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

holy crap, he was a good guy. met him once at Brands in BSB. Another gutsy rider gone. RIP condolences to his family.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Bomber was as hard as nails. Do you remember the race in BSB when Leon Haslam tied up with Tom Sykes Suzuki and the suzy rolled and jumped up in front of Bomber. He caught it square on, but was back racing shortly after. Very sad day.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

r.i.p guys
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I must admit I was saddened to hear the news about Karl Harris.

RIP guys,

Chris.
Smokinjoe73

Post by Smokinjoe73 »

I saw this on tv last night.

With all due respect I thought of how blessed he was to go like that. I beleive he was like 65 yrs old if its what I saw on the coverage.

I lost a step brother and several friends on the racetrack so have a little perspective but man, tald about going with your boots on!

No one gets to pick how they pass, only how they live. For sure all prayers for those who he left behind, but I really have a hard time believing he (or many of us) would choose any other way.

Godspeed.
Givi wingrack,CBR600 dash,CBR1000 forks, corbin, mario nava carbon fairing, 2bro carbon cans, vista cruise, GSXR mirrors.
Virt

Post by Virt »

SmokingJoe, Bob Price (who passed away the day before) was 65 years old.

Karl was much younger.

Sad to hear of two passings so close to each other, may both of them RIP

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Moocher

Post by Moocher »

I did know of Bob Price before the tragic news of his passing but he was a year younger than me and there is no good time to go.
Karl Harris was, like Simon Andrews, bestowed with more bravery than luck. I mourn their passing and try to not feel guilty for my continuing attendance at race meetings and tuning in to the TT on the telly. Racers race, as they must: while I watch, admire and am enriched. To me they are all heroes.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Moocher wrote:I did know of Bob Price before the tragic news of his passing but he was a year younger than me and there is no good time to go.
Karl Harris was, like Simon Andrews, bestowed with more bravery than luck. I mourn their passing and try to not feel guilty for my continuing attendance at race meetings and tuning in to the TT on the telly. Racers race, as they must: while I watch, admire and am enriched. To me they are all heroes.
Thats a superb Post Matey.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Watty

Post by Watty »

bigtwinthing wrote:
Moocher wrote:I did know of Bob Price before the tragic news of his passing but he was a year younger than me and there is no good time to go.
Thats a superb Post Matey.
+1
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!