MotoGP Sepang. Do not read this if you've not watched it.

Any racing related stuff
bigtwinthing

Re: MotoGP Sepang. Do not read this if you've not watched it

Post by bigtwinthing »

MacV2 wrote:Hmmmm...well this is now all over the web with a lot of comments saying the Rossi kicked him off...I have just finished watching it & I dont think he kick him off. Having sat through multiple re-runs of the incident. Yes he pushed him wide & it would appear that he throtteled off as well so that Marc came up alongside him. He deffinatly looked at him so knew he was there but Marc headbutted Rossi's knee before Rossi moved his knee out, chances are he hit the bar or his arm which caused the crash but as said how could he have hit the brake with the brake garund thing there ?

Last I saw Hodgson was waiting outside race control & was saying that Lorenzo was in there throwing a strop, screaming & shouting...Obviously the punishment given wasn't what he was expecting...
tbh Lorenzo can't comment it was nothing to do with him! or was it. it may have been planned, it was obvious that Mark was toying with Vale.

Vale should have known better though and just simply have beaten him. He may still be able to do it.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

+1 8541Hawk Watched it soon after and while it started off as a good dice between Rossi and Marquez it soon became apparent that Marquez was being a c-o-c-k playing Wacky Races / Stop the Pigeon - and the way I saw it was Rossi was lifting his foot out of harms way when Richard 'Marquez' Dastardly parked himself up the side of Rossi with no where to go apart from down.

TheGingerBeardMan Have you tried torrenting the race?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

where does Rossi have to finish to win the championship if Lorenzo wins the race?
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Wicky wrote:TheGingerBeardMan....Have you tried torrenting the race?
Nope, didn't try that. Never crossed me mind to be honest.

I'll fly over to me usual page and see what's to do. The place I use for unblocked torrent sites....to which I take no responsibility for anyone using!!

Cheers m'dear!
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
Dr B1G

Post by Dr B1G »

Ive been following this incident all over the internet today and it amazes me how many Rossi fan boys we have out there.
I'm not a supporter of any specific rider as I like to have an open mind about the whole package that comes with MotoGP

ROSSI: has brought a lot of money to MotoGP and has contributed to what it is today, I think this is why he had a lenient penalty. Anyone else would have been black flagged instantly. Rossi has always said he loves a good battle on track but now it seems he just wants to chase Lorenzo and everyone else to keep out of his way? Also he should have kept his emotional feelings to himself rather than telling the whole world in a press conference that Marquez is playing dirty games.
Rossi has fallen out with numerous riders in his past such as Biaggi, Stoner and Gibernau. These are riders that have challenged him head on and played dirty tactics like he uses. The late 1990's to 2006 was Rossi's era, since then he's played second best to the likes of Stoner, Lorenzo and Marquez.

MARQUEZ: is a young aggressive rider that is very talented and eager to win and make a name for himself. His stats are more impressive than what Rossi's were when he started racing. I for one have loved the recent races as Rossi has met his match again, and he doesn't like it. When Marquez can keep the bike up straight, thats when he's unstoppable imo.

LORENZO: I used to hate him when he sucked lollipops on the podium, he can be arrogant at times but I think he's matured into a very fast consistent rider that is worthy of this championship and many more to come.
artee

Post by artee »

Video

alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I know it wont happen but I would like to see the other riders move out of Rossi's way and give him a chance.Love or hate him Lorenzo is by far the better rider out there,his record this year shows it and he deserves the title,but as I said before he would rather win it in a fair fight.All Marquez has done is mess up Rossi's chances and denied all Moto GP fans of what would have turned out to be a thrilling finale to the season.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

alanfjones1411 wrote:All Marquez has done is mess up Rossi's chances and denied all Moto GP fans of what would have turned out to be a thrilling finale to the season.
Marquez was not successfull, Dorna officials ruined Rossi´s chance. What is disgusting even more.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

if he does win, he will retire.
darkember

Post by darkember »

I did have a chuckle when one of the commentators said, “That wasn't the hand of God, it was the knee of the GOAT!” :lol: :lol:
horselg

Post by horselg »

Here is my views for what they are worth.

I will start by declaring I'm a massive Rossi fan.

I think the greatest of all time though was John SURTEES. Multiple motorbike world champion then formula 1 world champion. I can't see anybody ever matching that.

I then think Mike Hailwood was there. Again he could win on an uncompetitive bike and then was paid by Honda not to race so went to formula one. Came back and won the TT on a bike that was not expected to do anything.

I think Casey Stoner was a great rider but always had an excuse when things didn't go his way and wasn't nicknamed Casey Moaner for nothing.
Lorenzo is a great rider but can be a bit fragile. Look at him at the start of the season, he was not performing. He doesn't like the wet. He should have kept his mouth shut over want went on between Rossi and Marquez and he would have been perceived in a better light. He was not directly involved and should have risen above it all.

I used to be a real fan of Marquez but the last couple of rounds I have lost respect for him. If he had raced, and even raced Rossi hard and beaten him I would have accepted that, but I am convinced he was impeding Rossi. For what reason? I am not sure, maybe as has been suggested so he doesn't have to win as many titles to beat Rossi. He had a reputation of riding dirty at times in Moto2 and in fact did some nasty manoeuvres on Redding.

I don't believe Rossi can now win the title as I believe he now has too many people to pass and Lorenzo is too good at this track. I also believe if anyone is capable of doing this it is The Doctor. I really hope I am wrong and he does do it.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Good post Horselg. He can win, but he will have to ride his butt off. it may rain, somebody may let him pass. I just want him to beat Lorenzo, just to see his face.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

I'm not so much a Rossi fan as anti Marquez......
He is defended as being "Young and Aggressive" but IMHO, and I may be just old school here, motorbike road-racing is a "non-contact" sport.

Slamming into other riders because you can't find any other line around them is NASCAR not MotoGP thank you.

I was just confused about how and why the number of points were handed out, as it all but ended the Championship right there.

Even re-listening to Marquez's explanation, it just doesn't add up, again IMHO

We all should know that something hitting the brake lever is pretty far fetched, so maybe it's a language issue.
He might have meant, He hit my elbow, causing me to lock my front brake....

But looking at the "accident" that doesn't seem to match up to what I see:

Ok someone hits your elbow hard enough to make you loose control of your right hand (His words, He hit me and caused me to pulling the brake lever by accident)
At that point, wouldn't you also open the throttle? Even a small blip should have made the bike jump a bit but I don't see that.

Then it's the way he went down.
It doesn't add up, at least in the world I live in.....lol, if something has hit your elbow hard enough to cause you to lock the front wheel, it should also cause you to pull back on the right bar.
Now you're in a right turn, the front wheel is turned to the right and you lock the front wheel with a touch of added throttle just for fun....... How should you come off the bike?

Now the "average" fan might not understand the dynamic involved in crashing a motorbike but the folks around here should know the answer right away......

That is the "classic" example of a High Side.
Even at the low speed they were at and the low traction of the "marbles" he little butt should have been launched to the moon if it happened the way he says.
Instead, that was about as easy as you can lay a bike down.

Then beside all of this BS what about Lorenzo passing Rossi on a waving yellow...... :?:

No matter what, the Championship is all but over because someone got butt hurt at a press conference.
It sucks that what could have been the race of the year is now pointless....... almost don't even feel like watching......

Moto3 to see if Kent can actually pull it off but other than that...... does it really matter now?
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Thats an even better post hawk.some of you on here would make better politicians that the knobs doing it.
horselg

Post by horselg »

I went to most of the rounds of BSB this year and witnessed some great racing and on bikes that look very similar to what we are riding. What I don't like about MotoGP is the fact that only one of four bikes will win. The others will only be contesting top 5 places with the occasional chance of a podium. I think time has come to have manufacturers supplying third party teams and not running their own. If we had more equal machinery we would have a more open championship.