MotoGP Sepang. Do not read this if you've not watched it.

Any racing related stuff
freeridenick

MotoGP Sepang. Do not read this if you've not watched it.

Post by freeridenick »

Got to be a DQ. Can't see any other option all things considered. Last comment from BT Sport team before I switched it off was the maybe Rossi got away with it more than Lorenzo liked though.

Marc lent on Rossi, that's clear, and I don't think Rossi meant to knock him off but he could have run him wide without making it so obvious. Prior to that it was just hard racing IMO.
popkat

Re: MotoGP Sepang. Do not read this if you've not watched it

Post by popkat »

Marquez was definitely messing about, trying to drop the two of them back, and it's possible it was similar in Australia.
I've seen 2 riders going for a championship messing around with each other but never another rider that's not in the championship trying so hard to fix the outcome..
I don't think Rossi actually knocked him off but it doesn't look good, we will see what the outcome is.

One thing I think for sure is that Rossi has no chance of winning the title now, Marquez isn't going to stop at Valencia, quite possibly Rossi by rising to it has screwed any chance he had.

I was really looking forward to seeing the best man win, I feel cheated by what has happened in the last two races and also in the next..

Well done to Dani though :)

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Depends if you're a Rossi or Marquez fan but Marquez was helping Lorenzo during qualifying and hampering Rossi during the race,and as for the claims that Rossi hit Marquez's front brake lever with his knee couldn't happen as they have break guards fitted.I don't think Rossi would do it deliberate but tensions were running high between the two of them and adrenaline pumping.Only Rossi will know what he did purposely or not.One thing for sure is that Lorenzo would not want to win the title in such circumstances.He will take it gladly but would much prefer to win it in a fair fight.My opinion is that Marquez was holding Rossi up on purpose and got his just deserts.He certainly spat his dummy out by retiring from the race.I am unbiased as I am a Lorenzo fan.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Hmmmm...well this is now all over the web with a lot of comments saying the Rossi kicked him off...I have just finished watching it & I dont think he kick him off. Having sat through multiple re-runs of the incident. Yes he pushed him wide & it would appear that he throtteled off as well so that Marc came up alongside him. He deffinatly looked at him so knew he was there but Marc headbutted Rossi's knee before Rossi moved his knee out, chances are he hit the bar or his arm which caused the crash but as said how could he have hit the brake with the brake garund thing there ?

Last I saw Hodgson was waiting outside race control & was saying that Lorenzo was in there throwing a strop, screaming & shouting...Obviously the punishment given wasn't what he was expecting...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Latest news...

http://www.motogp.com/en

Awarded 3 penalty points so will start from last at next race.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

MacV2 wrote:Latest news...

That's it. Game over then. All Lorenzo has to do is not fall off.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

freeridenick wrote:
MacV2 wrote:Latest news...

That's it. Game over then. All Lorenzo has to do is not fall off.
lets pray for rain then :D
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Id go and kick him off gl that is
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Haven't seen it, but something sounds kinda "dirty" from what I've read here. Unfortunately, iTV player hasn't got the any highlights available to view. The latest they have is on Phillip Island (which was last week) and was shown on the 19th October. :(

I'll just sit n' wait another few days for Sepang to come on the i-player. I suppose it's one of the downsides in not having a TV or satellite, but, I can live with that. :roll:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
darkember

Post by darkember »

Hang on according to this Rossi needs 4 points to start last mayby that's why Lorenzo's in a tizz

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/212928 ... -list.html
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:Haven't seen it, but something sounds kinda "dirty" from what I've read here. Unfortunately, iTV player hasn't got the any highlights available to view. The latest they have is on Phillip Island (which was last week) and was shown on the 19th October. :(

I'll just sit n' wait another few days for Sepang to come on the i-player. I suppose it's one of the downsides in not having a TV or satellite, but, I can live with that. :roll:
Yeah but no but yeah but...you have a PC...

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

darkember wrote:Hang on according to this Rossi needs 4 points to start last mayby that's why Lorenzo's in a tizz

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/212928 ... -list.html
Apparently Rossi is already on 1 point so + 3 today = Start from the back...

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224594 ... hment.html
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Tried them Mac, but all I got was this:

You must be subscribed to VideoPass to watch this video.

Subscribe today to watch every race LIVE and access over 40,000 exclusive videos on motogp.com
SUBSCRIBE NOW
Already a subscriber? Login here.

The full race is on Youtube (all 40 plus mins) but, the person that posted it has it shrunk down into a little box, and the playback speed is like listening to Chipmunks. The bikes appear to race round at 400 mph! MotoGP Sepang Full race on YouTube

It's to avoid the copyright, I know, but I can't watch it like that!

I also got a link to DailyMotion for the Sepang race, but all I get is a black screen (and not available in my area) MotoGP Sepang Full Race on DailyMotion

Ach well. it's a waiting game for iTV to stick it on their player.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

To me a couple of things just seem strange..... I really don't care about a press conference or any of that nonsense, what confuses me is the whole penalty bit.

I seem to remember a few races back where Marquez came flying in at the second to last corner, hit Rossi and forced him through the gravel, which he managed to hang on to for the win.
Now in the post race interview, the little whatever you want to call him (or Marquez if you're his fan) stated that his intention was to take Rossi off the track so he had no line for the last corner.

In simple terms...Marquez came in off line, way to hot, hit Rossi pretty hard with the intention (by his own words) to take Rossi off the track and my question is, where were the damn penalty point in that case?
So once again Marquez can try to use another rider as a berm in a corner, then in his own words state that he was trying to take to other rider off the track but that is all well and good..... about all I can say is really.

Now in this last race, we got to see Marquez obviously messing about with Rossi.
Sure Honda says that he was having "tire" issues and was going fast when he could.

It just seems funny to me that the only time Marquez seemed to find any speed was when Rossi passed him.
Then his tires magically would came in and off he goes, get past Rossi and just as magically his tires went away.
Yeah right.

Then we get to hear that, yeah he probably was just messing with Rossi, it has happened with different riders in the past but there is no rule against it.
Ok, total BS but ok.

Then the same folks start giving Rossi grief because he slowed down on the track.
So where is the rule that says you have to be on the throttle coming out of a corner?

Add to that, who hit who? Sure Rossi was all but parked in the corner but from what I saw Marquez made contact when trying to pass.
It used to be the person making the pass had the responsibility to make a "clean" pass but I guess that has been thrown out the window also.

It wasn't like there was no more track and he had no where to go or he didn't have the opportunity to just slow and get back on line but instead he chose to hit Rossi.
Then he goes down and we get to hear how Rossi kicked his forks or what not.

Let me get this straight...... So you try to pass someone on track, you run into them, you end up going down and it is all the rider you were trying to pass fault and they get penalty points for it.
Seems rather silly to me.

Then please explain Marquez's side of how Rossi pushed his brake lever and locked his front wheel with his leg, how is that even possible with the brake lever guard they all run?
Isn't that what it was designed to prevent? So is Marquez saying it is a poor design and it doesn't work...... even though it has been proven to work many times.
In fact isn't it mandated safety equipment because it does work so well?

Add to all this, did Marquez really get knocked of his bike or did he take a dive just to mess with the world championship?

I personally wouldn't put it past him.
Nice easy little slow speed low side and then run straight to the pits and retire?
Didn't that seem a bit odd?

In the end it is rather disappointing to have the whole Championship ruined by a non-contender.
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.