British Moto Gp Silverstone

Any racing related stuff
Kev L

British Moto Gp Silverstone

Post by Kev L »

Anyone watch it over the weekend? Cal Crutchlow's LCR Honda was decked out in Castrol Honda livery and looked really nice, Rossi completed his 300th GP and Marc Marquez smashed the lap record, qualifying in the first sub 2.00min lap at 1.59. Pretty amazing stuff
Poor Folger had a huge off in warm up and didn't compete.
The weather was fantastic and the spectacle on the track was enthralling.
This being the case why was there no mention whatsoever by the BBC prior to the race, on any format, Radio, TV, internet, with only the barest report of the result on the BBC newsfeed, in the sport section but not linked to the motorcycle section.
They reckon 70-80,000 spectators attended the race so it's hardly a minority sport.
I know I shouldn't be surprised by the indifference shown to bikes but isn't it about time they put the "social outcasts" tag away away and gave a reasonable amount of reporting time to a sport which is still more exciting than the majority of motor sport with too many wheels!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lumpyv

Re: British Moto Gp Silverstone

Post by lumpyv »

thought exactly the same thing. "a roundup of all the sport" was how the bbc presenter described it on the news.. except the moto gp he should have added.

mind you I watched most of it and the whole moto gp on my bt box.

Shame about marquez,s Auto cct,s. (am I about to get trolled) :lol: :lol:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: British Moto Gp Silverstone

Post by sirch345 »

I know what you mean Kev, it's always the way, it's about time it wasn't,

The good thing about this years British Moto GP was the weather, dry for a change :D
lumpyv wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:52 am Shame about marquez,s Auto cct,s. (am I about to get trolled) :lol: :lol:
:lol: :thumbup:

Chris.