Lorenzo and Honda......

Post by sirch345 »

Lorenzo and Honda agree two-year deal:-

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... 1_c_Z89Oud

Chris.
alanfjones1411

Re: Lorenzo and Honda......

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hmmm,.Could be interesting as Lorenzo is no2 rider again.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:49 pm Hmmm,.Could be interesting as Lorenzo is no2 rider again.
I was thinking the same, wasn't it one of the reasons he left Yamaha, Rossi always going to be No1 rider :?:

I bet Marquez is not best pleased :wink:

Chris.
popkat

Post by popkat »

I'm so surprised I wouldn't be surprised if it was fake news :lol:
Why would Honda want him, or need him. It was rumoured last week that Jonathan Rae was going to Repsol, would much rather have seen that and it would have made more sense.
Will Georges style work with the Honda ?, they say it's the best bike but hard to ride, I would have thought his smooth style would be much better back at Yamaha or with Suzuki, I believe the Suzuki needs direction but is a very good bike, they should have fought hard for someone like Lorenzo.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

popkat wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:42 pm I'm so surprised I wouldn't be surprised if it was fake news :lol:
Why would Honda want him, or need him. It was rumoured last week that Jonathan Rae was going to Repsol, would much rather have seen that and it would have made more sense.
Will Georges style work with the Honda ?, they say it's the best bike but hard to ride, I would have thought his smooth style would be much better back at Yamaha or with Suzuki, I believe the Suzuki needs direction but is a very good bike, they should have fought hard for someone like Lorenzo.

That was a shock to me as well. I thought they were talking about Lorenzo possibly going with Suzuki, or a deal with Yamaha satellite team, although that would have been a step down from a works bike.

Perhaps it is fake news, I had forgot about that sh1te doing the rounds, time will tell,

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

that garage is gona be like a bun fight lol
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:01 pm that garage is gona be like a bun fight lol
Marquez up until next year has had the perfect team mate more or less if there is such a thing. As I said earlier, I'm sure Marquez is not happy about Lorenzo teaming up with him.
It could be an interesting 2019.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Triumph replacing Honda next year Moto 2,

Chris.