No surprise there

Any racing related stuff
freeridenick

No surprise there

Post by freeridenick »

Looks like Jorge is hanging up his leathers. I'm guessing because Honda won't employ him next year and no-one else will for the money he wants. Seasoned with a healthy dose of 'wombles if I'm getting battered around like this anymore'.

He seems to have become seriously cold over the last few years so hopefully it's a good thing for him. I can't help thinking whatever happened at Ducati was a massive mistake for both parties: could have been their year this year.
MacV2

Re: No surprise there

Post by MacV2 »

The crash he had at Assen probably was the final straw that broke the Georges back...quite literally...

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/93364 ... nt-updated
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Wonder who will get the ride for Honda.Crutchlow or Zarco or his brother maybe ?
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:06 am Wonder who will get the ride for Honda.Crutchlow or Zarco or his brother maybe ?
Zarco I think. Cal already has a factory ride and is settled in the LCR team, assuming they stick with Honda. Zarco's performance in Australia was pretty impressive as far I'm concerned.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If they're stuck I could come out of retirement for a few hundred and travel money.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I can't say I blame Jorge Lorenzo. Actually I think he has made the right decision, although I was hoping he would have been able to take it to Mark Marquez at some point.

Jorge certainly hasn't had the luck Mark has had. Mark had two massive crashes very recently, but he had the luck to walk away from both of them with no broken bones (not that I wish him any harm), very lucky indeed, unlike Jorge from his crashes, but I guess that is the way it goes sometimes,

Zarco would be extremely lucky if he gets Lorenzo's ride, considering there isn't much else left available for him in Moto GP for 2020.

I agree with Nick, Zarco did very well on his Honda ride in Australia,

Chris.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Moto2 commentary has just given the ride to Alex Marquez. AA good outcome for Honda and Respol I guess but I don't think it's a good thing for family relationships.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I think Fabio Quatararo should get the ride :eh: :wink:
He can't take it to M Marquez while his bike is 10kph down on top speed,

Chris.