Back in't day!

want to know what we all look like? take a peek to see the good the bad and the downright ugly !
Cadbury64

Re: Back in't day!

Post by Cadbury64 »

All right, I'll play along then. 1985, with my VF750F that I purchased under trying circumstances. I borrowed this from work (Honda dealer) thinking of trading up from my VF400F, and managed to lock the front wheel doing a "how fast will it stop from xxx km/hr?" exercise, which threw me down the road at unbelieveable velocity when I discovered two big front discs were a lot fiercer than one little inboard ventilated disc. Bike ended up looking like someone had taken an angle grinder to it, then gave it a good kicking for good measure. My boss offered to sell me the bike and any bits needed at cost, or I could pay his insurance excess...

Pleased to say I haven't changed a bit....
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

classy vest there mate..... but looks like a cracking bike at the time
AMcQ
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

Sadly, my tastes in clothes, music and motorcycles have not moved on since then either.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Cadbury64 wrote:Sadly, my tastes in clothes, music and motorcycles have not moved on since then either.

man after my own heart........ I still wear DocMartins boots, leather jacket, ride 2 strokes and listen to punk music
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I like the child seat on the back :lol:

Nice pic, wish I had some old pics. Most of my old non digital photographs have gone missing over the years. :(
==============================Enter the Darkside
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

I was lucky enough to have a girlfriend who not only rode her own bike, but also liked photography (but not in a nudge, nudge, wink, wink sort of way...) so I have a couple of riding photos as well from those years. My favourite:

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Just to cheer you all up...Found this one already digitized...

Sometime in the early 80's...

Note the prerequisite riding gear of the day...jeans & trainers with white socks natch !

Had the KH250 for a bit, then bought an X7 as well, then bought a LC250 & had them all at the same time...Sold the KH, nice but quite big N heavy compared to the others...The X7 was a bit of a dog wasn't sorry to see that go TBH...The LC whilst not the best one about was a good hoot only sold that when I bought a brand new GPZ600...

More later...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

That can't be Mac, that blokes smiling!!!! :wave:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF