New Storm member

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
motorboat

New Storm member

Post by motorboat »

Hi all, cracking forum, got some good info already. I picked up a 1997 VTR Firestorm yesterday and enjoyed the ride home. Im not new to V2's I had a RSV Mille last year and it feels similar (Obviously). Im already dreading the CCT issue and has made me have 2nd thoughts about the bike, will cost at least another £80 to put my mind at ease but I suppose it has to be done. I live in County Durham, any other local users? Cheers :)

Pop, pop, bang, bang!
Mick B

Re: New Storm member

Post by Mick B »

Hi and welcome.

Your bike looks stunning with the hi level cans and the nice polished red shows it off well .
Yeah I havent done my cct yet and they are always a worry . I am just down the road in Middlesbrough so if you find anyone who fancies having ago at the cct swap I would gladly pay them for piece of mind. Don't fancy it myself as I am bound to rock it up and wreck my engine.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

ayup matey, welcome to the site, nice tidy storm you have, looks like a set of MIG cans? my mate has em although he drilled out the baffels! she sings well :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
motorboat

Post by motorboat »

They must sound ace with the baffles out! I had a Leo Vince twin race system on the mille and it sounded like thunder. ive just ordered 2x tentioners and gaskets so ill be attempting an installation as soon as they arrive as I really cba with it dying. Peace of mind is clearly worth it. A friend of mine (From this forum funnily enough). has kindly offered to do the work. Doesnt seem too daunting now ive had a good look at the manual so fingers crossed ill still be on 2 wheels this time next week lol.
Pop, pop, bang, bang!
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

they sounded ok enough with em in!!! he's just a noisy little fecker :lol: just noticed your reg plate too, another nice touch :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hi there.
Nice clean bike, high levels always go down well on here.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:thumbup: Welcome

Nice looking bike :D
SP1's rock!
Giddsy

Post by Giddsy »

Welcome aboard fella.

Be interested to hear how you rate the VTR next to the mille once you get used to her...

Cheers,

James
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:D welcome Aboard :D
Tidy looking machine, any idea what make the belly pan is?
It looks a little different from the norm and I like it :D

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Welcome , i'm sure i recognise your bike from Ebay when i looked a few days ago ,it looks good :)
Stevie
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Always nice to welcome a new storm member :thumbup:
ChrisC
Anotherbikerbabe

Co Durham

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Hi,Welcome...

There is a big group ride out next Sunday 21st leaving MacDonalds on the Moorfarm roundabout and 25 of us have already confirmed attendance. If you and anybody else from the N/East want to come along, the more the merrier!

Sunday, March 21, 2010
Time: 10:30am - 4:00pm
Street: Moor Farm Roundabout
City/Town: Cramlington, United Kingdom
View Map

Description:We start from the Mac Donalds at the Moor Farm Roundabout on the A19, which is at the start of the Spine Road (A189).

We will be meeting at 10.30am departing at 11.15 am, so we can have a coffee, tab, chat and fuel up etc

If the weathers good I'm thinking we get ourselves further a field this time

Newcastle A696 to A68
Turnoff on the A6088 to Hawick.
Then the B6399 to Newcastleton
Then the B6357 to the B6318 back to Newcastle

Meeting point on google maps see link below

http://maps.google.com/maps?source=s_q& ... 20506&z=13

ABB
Last edited by Anotherbikerbabe on Mon May 31, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
motorboat

Post by motorboat »

Just wanted to say thanks for the kind welcome :) One quick question before I answer all of your if thats ok. My bike has no rattle what so ever on warm up or manouvering around town. At low speeds it makes a noise but im not sure if its a rattle or air escapping some where. Anyone aware of this sympton? only when its warmed up thoroughly.

To answer some of the q's...

Yes I got the bike on eBay mate, the bloke was sounds as a pound and true to his word, really was as good looking as he said. The bellypan, hmm, Im not sure what the normal one looks like but ill see if there are any brand markings underneath if that helps? I dont think I can make the ride out but its a very kind offer. I like the storm but im litterally not caining it untill the CCT's are done, feels a lot lighter than the mille, clutch is far far less heavy for a kick off which is much better in traffic. As you say the mille does turn heads, ive stuck a picture below to what it looked like before I put it back to standard and sold it.

Pop, pop, bang, bang!
Collywog19

Post by Collywog19 »

Lush mate

When u called round earlier its made me miss mine :(

Downer! haha

Col
Bikes ftw!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome onboard, nice looking bike.

If you follow the instructions in the workshop section, the CCT change is easy, just go slow and read all the instructions.

fitting the stoppers to your existing CCT's is the lowest cost solution, and will stop any damage if they do fail early
AMcQ