New guy from Japan

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
gordthebiker

New guy from Japan

Post by gordthebiker »

Hi everyone,

Found the site a little while ago. Used to live in Bath about 8 years ago before moving out to Japan. Been a rough week but don't believe the BS in the news back there. Look forward to chatting with you guys and don't worry! The ape cct's and the r/r are going on in a few weeks as the bike is getting up to 18,000 miles and it's probably about time.

Gordon

Last edited by gordthebiker on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kev L

Re: New guy from Japan

Post by Kev L »

Hello mate and welcome to to forum. Hope you & yours are safe and well. Interesting to hear your perspective. What is BS as far as you're concerned?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Welcome in!

Good to hear, all we see in the news is imminent doom and disaster, Chernobyl lockdown and thousands dead, the rest to follow soon.
-Ah, well, best get out for a ride and forget about it! :lol:

Just the man to get some of those lovely but expensive to export Moriwaki, Yoshimura and other tuning parts......
Next time you pop home, any chance of a bit of spare luggage space for a full system?

Gotta try you don't ask, you don't get...... :thumbup:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
gordthebiker

Post by gordthebiker »

Thanks for the welcome! Not sure it's easy to get those parts here either!

Check out this for sale though.....

http://www.bikebros.co.jp/bikesearch/1/1_68_1/123262/

gordthebiker

Post by gordthebiker »

Kev L wrote:Hello mate and welcome to to forum. Hope you & yours are safe and well. Interesting to hear your perspective. What is BS as far as you're concerned?
There were lots of reports comparing our problem to Chernobyl, but the focus on radiation has taken attention from the real issue which is the lack of power/food/medicine/shelter/blankets for those left homeless after the tsunami. The earthquake shook the hell out of us but life is quickly getting back to normal in Tokyo and the reports of the city being a ghost town was ridiculous. The death toll up there is huge....
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Mighty fine specimen 'cept for the radioactive mutant indicators...
gordthebiker wrote:Thanks for the welcome! Not sure it's easy to get those parts here either!

Check out this for sale though.....

http://www.bikebros.co.jp/bikesearch/1/1_68_1/123262/

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
gordthebiker

Post by gordthebiker »

Couple more shots..

pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about the crap thats happening over there in Jipnap land. Used to live in Bath myself about 10 years ago. Small world eh lol.

On a side note. Some dude's tattood your bike!
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

I put my foot in it on the superhawk forum thinking it was stickered with corn on the cobs :shh:
pinkyfloyd wrote:Welcome to the forum. Sorry about the crap thats happening over there in Jipnap land. Used to live in Bath myself about 10 years ago. Small world eh lol.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
gordthebiker

Post by gordthebiker »

Wicky wrote:I put my foot in it on the superhawk forum thinking it was stickered with corn on the cobs :shh:
pinkyfloyd wrote:Welcome to the forum. Sorry about the crap thats happening over there in Jipnap land. Used to live in Bath myself about 10 years ago. Small world eh lol.

Ha ha, yeah, funny though. I have a friend who works for Icon here in Japan, he did my bike for promo work here. You probably know Icon from that 'Bike Vs Car Drift' video.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Some nice shots of Mount Fuji there. Difficult to counter that with shots of Bekton Alps!! Do you ride out with local guys or is it mainly ex-pats? Nice selection of machinery in the car park, including some older stuff. I thought, in my ignorance, that most machines over there were under three years old because of the strict testing? Love that Kenny Roberts rep look R1.
Got to say the corn on the cob comment was spot on :clap: :clap: Is it meant to have a reptilian look to it?

:beer:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
gordthebiker

Post by gordthebiker »

The testing isn't that strict at all, you can pass with bald tires and collapsed wheel bearings as long as it isn't over 99db (pre 1999) and the headlight isn't too weak.

I bought this helmet first and then they matched it, dunno what it is really, some kind of flowing organic skeleton....

I ride with ex-pats and a few Japanese guys. There's a real mix of bikes over here but mostly they prefer the old z1000, GPZ900, CB1300 with loads of tune up bits. And man are they quick!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I bought this helmet first and then they matched it, dunno what it is really, some kind of flowing organic skeleton....
yeah, yeah that was my next guess, flowering organic skeleton. So obvious when you look closer!!!!!
Shows how little I know or how gullible I am. I thought the rash of VFR, CBR400's etc was a result of the testing procedures over there.
You only have to look at the racing to realise they breed them quick over there. Do they follow the Moto GP on mainstream telly or is it an after thought as it is here? Given that most of the combatants are on Japanese bikes and there are a few riders as well I would have thought it would receive more attention.
gordthebiker

Post by gordthebiker »

TBH I don't know about the motogp and tv situation, I don't really follow it. I like to hit the track though, just seems that the racing is on whenever I'm out lol.
By testing do you mean MOT or license? The big bike license was hard to get in the past but I hear it's getting easier, if you pay to go to a school and do a complete course, the pass is pretty much guaranteed. That's why there were mini CBR/vfr/rvf, although they are still popular on the tracks out here. I can murder big bikes on them at the track through the bends.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

So, you coming to the meetup in Wales?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.