Just joined the group

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
VTRDark

Re: Just joined the group

Post by VTRDark »

Ola Bigspanishmarty yeh I think this is the one your talking about http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STFLV-HEADSTO ... 483eccc4eb
I was just wondering how exactly it attaches up front. It's a little missleading as the title say's headstock, but when reading the description it says to safely lift the front wheel via the forkhead. So does that mean that the forks can not be removed. Good price for two stands though, not including import taxes :P I would prefer to purchase from UK avoiding those nasty customs, but sometimes there is no option and there is some good stuff from abroad

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The pin goes into the lower centre of the stem meaning you can remove the forks but not the yokes mate.
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

Hi Cybercarl..
welcome along..where abouts in London are you..
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Cheers guys,
After doing some research I have decided to go with the Abba stand :thumbup: . The extra security (bike not dropping) and the fact that one stand does most if not all bikes with the right adapter sound's good to me, worth the extra cost! I shall keep my eye out on fleabay as there's a few going on there at the mo. Might even get a bargain if I'm lucky.

firestorm1997 I'm based in south west London. Just got back from taking the bike for a good fast :crazy: spin down the A3 to Guildford and back. Bike seems to be running better now apart from the odd bit of coughing and backfiring (need Dynojet kit) but that's another story. Must have cleaned some shite out the fuel lines and carbs. :thumbup: Bike WILL get used to my ex courier style riding. :lol: seems to be a bit more economic on fuel on the longer runs as well. :o

OK folks I'm off for some R&R :beer:

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cybercarl wrote: I have read all the scary stories about the CCT's. My storm has done just over 8000miles so not in too much of a hurry to get that sorted, but it's in the back of my mind for now and I shall do them approx before the16,000 mark.
I don't want to make you paranoid, but I would not leave the CCT's go for too long. Either fit manuals or do the stopper mod soon.

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

mmm ye I shall chat to Bazza and others about it on the workshop day, should be a couple there changing the cct's so there shall be some ideas/inspiration for me. Thanks for the warning. :cool2

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hi carl
just to let you know there is no import tax from germany because its in the eu, and those are the correct stands, kev is correct about the pin aswell, goodluck with whatever stand you purchase buddy :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
karenvtr

Post by karenvtr »

Hello and welcome in :)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks Karenvtr,
I'm really jumping straight in at the deep end with the forum, getting involved and reading and learning as much as I can. Nice getting to know people on here, a good bunch!

I'm enjoying my vtr very much. Just getting to know my bike mechanically and rideabilty. Making the most out this lovely weather at the moment and shall be adding some mods very shortly. :thumbup: